Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Why Just Leon

Noticed a couple of postings on here which are concentrating purely on Leon in that he is not up to the standard.  Yes he had a poor game game yesterday especially with his distribution which was absolutely woeful with two particular break aways in the second half which resulted in him putting the ball out for a throw in Palace and threading an easy ball through only to give it once again to their player.  However he was not the only one.  Dean Ashtons distribution yesterday also left a lot to be desired with on more than one occasion the crowd giving a large groan after he had attempted to either pass or lay it off to one of our players.  I thought yesterday the complete forward line had an off day.  Hux made some brilliant runs in the second half skinning their right back who did not know what day it was however every cross was either to hard or hit the first man in what were promising positions.

Lay off attacking just the one player when it was obvious that all forwards were not on top of their game yesterday.  And why is Worthy blaming Greeno for the goal.  Hux had the ball and lost it easily which resulted in them scoring.  The picture of Hux with his hands on his knees and holding his hand up to the rest of the players to apologise shows all we need to know on whos fault it was for the equaliser.  One word of Collins - thoroughly impressed on what was an excellent debut.    

i was listening on canariesworld - and yeah mckenzie sounded woeful and my dad was laying into him but ashton sounded just as bad - obv i didnt see it so im disadvantaged but why is everyone gettin on mckenzies back already - he didnt score many in the prem - fair enuf - but as soon as ashton came he hit form - ashton is the key! and even wen mckenzie doesnt score - he hassles and he panics defences and he always gives 110% - give the team a few games to gel and see where we are then - not impressed with the boo boys tho - yeah ok theyr bad results - but the performances are there - we just need to convert those into points and that will come in time!

[quote]Noticed a couple of postings on here which are concentrating purely on Leon in that he is not up to the standard. Yes he had a poor game game yesterday especially with his distribution which was abso...[/quote]

I agree it was not just Leon but he was the worst of a bad bunch, with a poor touch, missed chances, lack of intelligent play and far less energy than usual, except for a 10 minute period after half time when he looked up for it.  He is simply not sharp enough at the moment

Deano was a real mixed bag, good finish for the goal and unlucky when he hit the post; oterthan that his touch was heavier than Leons an his crossing as poor as marneys; he too has missed easy chances and really needs to sharpen up too.

Marney was woeful and looked like a player who has not played three games in a week.  His energy was OK but his passing poor and his crossing even worse.

Hux - shows he can intill fear into defences but when are we going to see that killer cross or pass?  Ran the ball out too frequently (in 1st half when he thought about a dive but ended up on his hands and knees was an atrocious waste) and when he did cross it was woeful.

All 4 need to be a lot sharper if we are to get a win under our belts and settle our nerves.

OTBC    

[quote]I agree it was not just Leon but he was the worst of a bad bunch, with a poor touch, missed chances, lack of intelligent play and far less energy than usual, except for a 10 minute period after half t...[/quote]

Well said ZLF, all of it. Im just off for a bite to eat, but ill discuss our ratings when I come back. We have a bit of a difference! (Although a lot better than the express, that gave Ashton a 9 and MOM!)