Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Wigan match thread

Hate to moan before the game has started but wasn''t expecting that lineup, presume its going to look like this from what they said on the radio
-------------------Ruddy------------------ 
Whittaker, Martin, Cuellar, Olsson 
-------------O''Neil-----Tettey-------------- 
----Howson----------------Johnson---- 
-------------------Hooper---------------
-------------------Jerome----------------- 
As Tilly has said in another thread who''s going to provide the bullets, will it be Father Xmas as Old Robert suggests or have Adams/Phelan got it spot on and we''ll all be proved wrong. I hope so
CMON YOU YELLOWS [:)]

Wigan are coming back into this now. Apart from the goal Norwich have offered very little and despite their shortcomings I can see this being a draw.

[quote user="Ginja"]Remember this is pretty much how Forest away went...[/quote]I was then thinking that...we''ve not created a single chance apart from the goal really.. Wigan have put a few balls in but seem to be growing in confidence.we look good moving the ball out of defence but the midfield are losing the passing battle a little bit to Wigans middle players.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Will you moaning Minnie''s please stop and demonstrate a little positivity.

[/quote][Y]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Will you moaning Minnie''s please stop and demonstrate a little positivity.

[/quote]Old habits die hard.

jesus, how sh1t are wigan? we can play 4 centre midfielders and just hoof it up to jerome all day and they won''t deal with it, fantastic.

What we are doing well is closing down. Good goal by Howson as well.

It''s the final ball that''s letting Norwich down. Adams is hanging on by his fingernails as fear creeps back in.

Half time and we''re 1 up and haven''t really been under any pressure, just need that 2nd goal so we can relax

Lots of running about by Wigan and not giving us any time on the ball. Hopefully they will tire out and we can punish them.

good to go in with a lead.. we need that 2nd goal and then its game over..2 pretty woeful sides in all honesty, however the win will be vital for confidence! Come on city!

[quote user="cityangel"]Half time and we''re 1 up and haven''t really been under any pressure, just need that 2nd goal so we can relax[/quote]
Creating next to nothing, but we have at least scored - makes a change from the usual.  Wigan look very poor, I guess that is why they are in the drop zone.  One more goal will seal the victory.

[quote user="cityangel"]Half time and we''re 1 up and haven''t really been under any pressure, just need that 2nd goal so we can relax[/quote]Lost count of the number of times Ive said that this season.Then the opposition go and get their only chance of the game.It has to change soon, but is it today?

[quote user="cityangel"]Half time and we''re 1 up and haven''t really been under any pressure, just need that 2nd goal so we can relax[/quote]

\That is exactly what we all said at Forest.

I am watching a stream and it is a poor poor match. We have created nothing whatsoever since the goal and just remember we don''t do clean sheets ! I will be accused of negativity by the yellow and green tinted specs brigade but if you were a neutral you would have gone for a cuppa ten minutes before the ref blew for half time. Misplaced passes all over the place. Anyway nuff said for now.

cityangel wrote the following post at 06/12/2014 3:48 PM:

Half time and we''re 1 up and haven''t really been under any pressure, just need that 2nd goal so we can relax

Might settle the nerves a bit.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

\That is exactly what we all said at Forest.

I am watching a stream and it is a poor poor match. We have created nothing whatsoever since the goal and just remember we don''t do clean sheets ! I will be accused of negativity by the yellow and green tinted specs brigade but if you were a neutral you would have gone for a cuppa ten minutes before the ref blew for half time. Misplaced passes all over the place. Anyway nuff said for now.[/quote]

Binner.