Sign in to follow this  
pete

A powderpuff attack

Today a clean sheet and a victory against the second worst team in the division who according to everything I''ve heard or read were really poor. But Carlos was immense and our defence held out against this onslaught.

Next week Grant Holt should make a formidable challenge for Carlos to overcome. Lets see how we perform against the likes of Derby before we deify Adams. Long way to go before tou are back from the brink.

Is it impossible for you to just enjoy our win for the evening? Miserable fecker.

There''s nothing like enjoying the fact we won for a change. I bet you''re a right barrel of laughs to know.

[quote user="Herman "]Is it impossible for you to just enjoy our win for the evening? Miserable fecker.[/quote]This.

OP is right. We have a poor attack.

The team lacks a lot imho. Espescially in physical attributes like pace, height ( heading ability), muscle, etc.

When did you last see a Norwich forward win a header in the box, let alone, win a header at all?

For all the praise of Jerome, I struggle to see what he delvers to the team. Power? Nah. Pace? Nah. Goalscoring ability? Rarely.

Even against a poor team like Wigan, we let them dictate tempo, and our midfield was running around trying to paper the cracks. Cracks which originates from lack of pace and smartness in midfield.

Add to it some less than convincing defending, and I will say we should be very happy to secure this win, even against a very poor opposition.

Now, I said the same after the early wins in August, when everyone was in delirium about the winning start. We did not play well back then either, and Grabban''s goal where all rather flukey.

Si, to summarize;0: This team is no promotion contender. We will need to buy in January, and get in players with attributes which compliment eachothter more ( big forward, small forward, pace vs height in defence, etc)

So to summarise for you gref, we are a team very very low on confidence and all that mattered was 3 points, and we got them. Great stuff my man!!! Enjoy!!!!!

grefstad wrote the following post at 06/12/2014 5:53 PM:

Cracks which originates from lack of pace and smartness in midfield.

---------------

Today was the ''smartest'' game we''ve played this season so far.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 06/12/2014 6:00 PM:

grefstad wrote the following post at 06/12/2014 5:53 PM:

Cracks which originates from lack of pace and smartness in midfield.

---------------

Today was the ''smartest'' game we''ve played this season so far.

Agreed.

I hope Neal is beginning to learn from past mistakes, or heed advice from people he trusts, whatever, we played the right game to beat Wigan.

If we had played a few more of the last 10 games in the same vein, we might well be sitting pretty at the top of the league.Open attacking football isn''t always the best way to win a match. Great when it does but sometimes you have to go about things in a different way.

My little rant is more about our season so far as a whole, not this Wigan game alone.

Good to see us hanging on for a win, but it was never very convincing. Still good to see we can grind it out.