Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

4 centre mids and no wingers

[quote user="iron_stan"]might as well just give them the 3 points now[/quote]full marks for nailing your colours to the mast Stan.We needed an ugly win to break this barren spell, hopefully this is it.

Totally agree with the OP, a shocking lineup that just about scraped a very uninspiring win over a team lest we forget who have won just ONE game out of 15. Believe me I am no miserablist, I want this club to do well, I want Adams to turn it around, but every single week he does his best seemingly to shoot himself in the foot. As has been said over and over, he plays square pegs in round holes that never ever work, yet never does supposedly what he is ment to be doing being a rookie.. LEARN.

[quote user="Spillay"]Totally agree with the OP, a shocking lineup that just about scraped a very uninspiring win over a team lest we forget who have won just ONE game out of 15. Believe me I am no miserablist, I want this club to do well, I want Adams to turn it around, but every single week he does his best seemingly to shoot himself in the foot. As has been said over and over, he plays square pegs in round holes that never ever work, yet never does supposedly what he is ment to be doing being a rookie.. LEARN.[/quote]I dread to think how you might have been had we lost......

we seem to have stumbled upon some sort of formula to play away from home using this system with the win today....and it "almost" worked at Forest but the the self destruction in the last 5 mins.

Would it work at home?.....I dont think so, we''re still better off at carrow rd with Redmond in the team than not....and Hoolahan is likely to be available next week.

we may have gone some way to have solved part of the riddle today,but I''ll reserve judgement until next Saturday as to whether the on going problem of not being able to win at home looks like being addressed.

[quote user="ricardo"]full marks for nailing your colours to the mast Stan.We needed an ugly win to break this barren spell, hopefully this is it.[/quote]

all today did was prolong the inevitable, it was a dire performance with no style against a really poor relegation threatened opponent, admittedly the players battled to victory but we are fortunate wigan had no quality up front. im glad of the 3 points but suspect normal service will resume shortly ,the sooner adams is sacked the betterhe needs to go before the window opens

You could look at today''s game in many ways - it is interesting how so many concentrate on the negative (wigan are crap/only won once in x/etc) angle rather than the positive (they were at home, a new manager, were good enough to win at Derby recently).

At the end of the day we won, and that has to be good however you want to look at it. The rest of it is just guff.