Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Beating Wigan could relegate us....

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''m hoping this is the start of a more methodical approach to games.

This is what I see Chelsea do, with all their talent and riches.

We are repairing at present, rebuilding confidence in players, management and fans. I hope the fans aren''t late in responding.

You have to earn the right to compete and then be more expansive in this league. You need to build into games.

I always believe that 0-0 is a good half time result for Norwich. Better than this is opposition 0 at half time because we often leave ourselves too much to do and the Reading game was a classic. We need to be more patient up to 70 minutes in games, as supporters.

But, when all is said and done it is only one game albeit exactly what was needed.

The most competent results in football are 1-0 or 2-0.[/quote]Amen to that.

If what we saw yesterday was the small, green shoots of recovery, I just don''t see the logic in stamping on them.

I guess some are just desparate to see the back of Adams that any points, however they are won, aren''t a good thing.

[quote user="Herman "]I guess some are just desparate to see the back of Adams that any points, however they are won, aren''t a good thing.[/quote]If the situation justifies it, I can, kind of, see the logic, though would be unlikely to agree with it.What makes me laugh the most though is that, considering the awful run we have been on, we are only 2 points out of the play off places and 7 points from an automatic promotion spot!

It''s strange that we''re not that far behind. This league doesn''t let anyone run away with it so a good Christmas and we could be back up fighting for an automatic. Some people would have you believe that we were near certs for relegation.

" Hopefully, Phelan will stabilise the team such than we can avoid

relegation. I saw nothing yesterday to indicate that we would finish any

higher than mid table."

[quote user="Herman "]It''s strange that we''re not that far behind. This league doesn''t let anyone run away with it so a good Christmas and we could be back up fighting for an automatic. Some people would have you believe that we were near certs for relegation.

" Hopefully, Phelan will stabilise the team such than we can avoid

relegation. I saw nothing yesterday to indicate that we would finish any

higher than mid table."[/quote]A bit of renewed confidence and a few key players coming back from injury, and who knows what could happen.

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 07/12/2014 9:45 AM:

"The season is a long one and we do have time, BUT....for me we would stand a better chance without NA rather than with.....a Manager of a top side should not need a back seat driver to show him how to do it!! "

I think you are being a bit unfair there Mark. It''s not that long ago we were top.

We have lost our way and Adams probably lacked the experience to turn it round, hopefully bringing in Pheland will make for a good combination, together with Holty of course.

I don''t care who manages our team or how the management arrangements opereate within the group so long as we do well. You may well find that Adams and Pheelan work really well together and become a very successful partnership. Who pulls the strings the hardest is irrelevent.

[quote user="Philboyd Studge"]Are we back to rule #14 of the Pink Un?When we win, it''s about style.When we don''t win, it''s about results.

[/quote]Followed by rule #15If we win, its about how poor the opposition were.

All you seem to read is ..if Phelan this and if Phelan that , trouble at City is a large majority never wanted Adams and an even latger majority would like hime gone . At the moment he is like one of those spare things at a wedding , even Adams supporters are hoping Phelan can sort it out , lets save a wage and let Phelan get on with it .

The way I see it;

When your in a dire run, results are the only important thing. Good performances are built on confidence, which is only possible when playing freely without fear. Confidence is also a effect of good results.

So yesterday''s result was vital. Now we move on and foget the performance. Result in the bag, the rot stopped.

However my concerns with Adams remain. I don''t like the idea of tettey, howson, and BJ all starting together. Particularly at home. If we start with the same 11 next week it will be the wrong selection. I think we should be looking to go back to a 4-2-3-1 formation and look to have three flair players in between two holding players and a striker. Despite one up front, I feel this is our best formation and gives us the best opportunity to be on the front foot at home.