Andrew Linighan

Bryan Gunn

Rob Newman

Purchased land behind South Stand

Purchased car park at River End

Purchased land at Colney and built training complex

Built City Stand and rebuilt Barclay End Stand

Corner Infills x 2

Reasons why Wynn Joneses should be put in stocks outside Barclay End Stand and pelted with assembled barrowfuls of suitably rotted eggs, tomatoes and cabbages:

Pape Diop

Relegation to League 1

Bob Cooper

Raymond de Waard

Roger Munby

Relegation x 2 from Premier League

0 Cup finals

0 Cup semi-finals

0 top six finishes in PL

Erik Fugelstad

Neil Doomcaster

Jason Jarrett

Peter Grant

Bryan Hamilton

Zema Abbey

David Strihavka

Glenn Roeder

Colin Calderwood

Stephen Fry

Mike Walker 2

Bryan Gunn (manager)

£400,000 Golden Goodbye payment to Dean Ashton for transfer to West Ham United Football Club

£21 million debt prior to Lambert

The boy Theoklitos

Matthieu Louis Jean in exchange for Gary Holt

Neil Adams

Michael Foulger

Matty Jackson

Stefan Phillips

Joe Ferrari

McNasty Post-Lambert

Fernando Derveld

Plus many other embarrassments too numerous to mention in one post

Big Vince Stop living in the Chase passed,.

We should not be worring about bronze statues and get on with get the game right on the pitch with Adams or another manager. 

Harsh on Foulger unless you are referring to the fact he appears to have been sidelined somewhat of late.

Has always struck me as a good bloke to whom we have many reasons to be grateful. As indeed we do to Delia and MWJ for the majority of what they have done for us. Its only really on the managerial appointing/sacking front (and especially in the last 18 months) that i think that there can be legitimate criticism aimed at them but hard to tell how much of it is down to them and how much is down to the employed members of the board who advise them at any given moment.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Harsh on Foulger unless you are referring to the fact he appears to have been sidelined somewhat of late.

Has always struck me as a good bloke to whom we have many reasons to be grateful. As indeed we do to Delia and MWJ for the majority of what they have done for us. Its only really on the managerial appointing/sacking front (and especially in the last 18 months) that i think that there can be legitimate criticism aimed at them but hard to tell how much of it is down to them and how much is down to the employed members of the board who advise them at any given moment.[/quote]I do hope that this is an attempt at satire? I hope also that you are aware that Norwich City is a football club. It is not a food court, a hotel complex, a car dealership nor is it a TV company in desperate need of board members who understand the world of media. As such the only thing that the board of a successful football club needs to worry about is appointing a capable manager. Once you have that in place all of the other stuff will follow without too much effort. So with that in mind the board is very rightly culpable for the failings of the team at the moment as they seem intent on making the same mistake of appointing the wrong man as manager over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum......

IBT

I agree entirely with much that you say. I had thought that with Mcnally and Bowkett coming in the days of strange, sentimental appointments (or non-sackings) were over and that the situation we have had with the last 2 managers would not arise again. I thought that the owners had learnt from previous mistakes and got in people with experience of operating in "football." i agree completely that the board are culpable for the current situation.

I''m just saying we should not forget what they have done for the club in the past and also i believe they act out of the best intentions albeit they may be misguided in some decisions they take and it does not mean they should not be criticised for current events.

No matter what Chase was criticised for, whether it was selling players or buying the flour mill, the football was very good for most of his reign. There were few better than Chase at buying low and selling high.The present regime has seen a decline in the standard of football to the extent that we''re like a hundred other teams. We''re run by men in suits, a sort of managerial class that thinks running a football club must involve an inordinate number of middle managers with fancy job titles.

[quote user="Herman "]You can make anyone look good or bad by leaving out big chunks of history.[/quote]I agree. TBH I wouldn''t want a statue of Robert Chase or either of the Wynn Joneses outside of the ground. The only person who would be an even vaguely respectable choice for a statue would be Mr Watling. He twice saved the club from bankruptcy, was chairman when we won our first major trophy and also I believe (can someone confirm) when we were promoted to the top flight for the first time.

In NuttyWorld this thread would be heresy and the OP would be a burning effigy at the stake.

In the real world Chase wins hands down. Just a shame he financed everything on short term loans allowing banks to call them in and cripple the club.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]In NuttyWorld this thread would be heresy and the OP would be a burning effigy at the stake.

In the real world Chase wins hands down. Just a shame he financed everything on short term loans allowing banks to call them in and cripple the club.[/quote]Is this irony?Anyway the statues should be of the founding fathers.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Crafty Canary"]In NuttyWorld this thread would be heresy and the OP would be a burning effigy at the stake.

In the real world Chase wins hands down. Just a shame he financed everything on short term loans allowing banks to call them in and cripple the club.[/quote]Is this irony?Anyway the statues should be of the founding fathers.[/quote]

Whatever you might think of Chase''s management of the club''s finances there is no question that on the field the club were streets ahead of the current hierarchy''s tenure.

But that was then and this is now. Weve had a much better time of it than most of our contemporaries from those years. That''s before we mention how he left the club being hawked around London institutions and fecked off with the contents of Watling''s wallet stuffed in his pocket.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Crafty Canary"]In NuttyWorld this thread would be heresy and the OP would be a burning effigy at the stake.

In the real world Chase wins hands down. Just a shame he financed everything on short term loans allowing banks to call them in and cripple the club.[/quote]Is this irony?Anyway the statues should be of the founding fathers.[/quote]

Whatever you might think of Chase''s management of the club''s finances there is no question that on the field the club were streets ahead of the current hierarchy''s tenure.[/quote]Football has evolved so much between these two eras that i don''t think it''s fair to compare the two.

Bob the builder was so successful that we organised meetings at St Andrews Hall to chuck him out.What an ungrateful lot we were.

I the direct quote from Bob the Builder (as my uncle frequently reminds me) went something like "you''ve had a festival of football" or words to those effect. The truth is though that when he blatantly lied about the Sutton situation and said that if Sutton was sold he would sell the club yet didn''t, that was when the writing was on the wall for him. This leads one to wonder if the quote to the effect of we scoured the whole of Europe looking for the best man for the job might just be the bridge too far for the current chairman and owners. When you start taking your patrons for mugs that is generally when things go down hill rapidly. And judging from the plethora of posts on here recently that give the impression that people feel they have been lied to, it might not be too long before the writing is on the wall for the Joneses.The only thing that is going to save the current regime is if we get promoted this season and establish ourselves in the top flight. I feel that failure to do so will see an increase in bile and vitriol spewed at the current board until their position becomes untenable and they are forced to sell. I believe that this makes the next month the most important month for them in the history of their ownership of Norwich City. No more room for sentiment or half baked decisions.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think bankrupting the club had a little more to do with it than what he said about Sutton...

[/quote]

Totally agree. But If people think the current setup don''t listen to the fans they should think back to the Chase era, if able. A man who really didn''t care what any of us thought.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]I the direct quote from Bob the Builder (as my uncle frequently reminds me) went something like "you''ve had a festival of football" or words to those effect. The truth is though that when he blatantly lied about the Sutton situation and said that if Sutton was sold he would sell the club yet didn''t, that was when the writing was on the wall for him. This leads one to wonder if the quote to the effect of we scoured the whole of Europe looking for the best man for the job might just be the bridge too far for the current chairman and owners. When you start taking your patrons for mugs that is generally when things go down hill rapidly. And judging from the plethora of posts on here recently that give the impression that people feel they have been lied to, it might not be too long before the writing is on the wall for the Joneses.The only thing that is going to save the current regime is if we get promoted this season and establish ourselves in the top flight. I feel that failure to do so will see an increase in bile and vitriol spewed at the current board until their position becomes untenable and they are forced to sell. I believe that this makes the next month the most important month for them in the history of their ownership of Norwich City. No more room for sentiment or half baked decisions.

[/quote]They can only sell if someone makes an offer to buy. They have never received such an offer, so this would have to be a first.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think bankrupting the club had a little more to do with it than what he said about Sutton...

[/quote]The Sutton situation had more than a little to do with it. So did the promise to O''Neill that there would be money to spend and when he tried to spend it he was told he couldn''t. Basically it was one lie to many that did for Chase.Now don''t get me wrong I am far from a fan of Bob the Builder, but I grew up watching the successful Norwich teams when he was in chairman, it was all I had ever known what with my first game being a 2-1 victory over Nottingham Forrest on Boxing Day 1986. Since Delia and Co have been in charge we have not had anything near the success the Robert Chase presided over.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]I the direct quote from Bob the Builder (as my uncle frequently reminds me) went something like "you''ve had a festival of football" or words to those effect. The truth is though that when he blatantly lied about the Sutton situation and said that if Sutton was sold he would sell the club yet didn''t, that was when the writing was on the wall for him. This leads one to wonder if the quote to the effect of we scoured the whole of Europe looking for the best man for the job might just be the bridge too far for the current chairman and owners. When you start taking your patrons for mugs that is generally when things go down hill rapidly. And judging from the plethora of posts on here recently that give the impression that people feel they have been lied to, it might not be too long before the writing is on the wall for the Joneses.The only thing that is going to save the current regime is if we get promoted this season and establish ourselves in the top flight. I feel that failure to do so will see an increase in bile and vitriol spewed at the current board until their position becomes untenable and they are forced to sell. I believe that this makes the next month the most important month for them in the history of their ownership of Norwich City. No more room for sentiment or half baked decisions.

[/quote]They can only sell if someone makes an offer to buy. They have never received such an offer, so this would have to be a first.[/quote]

Well as usual you decide to chime in with complete nonsense, thanks for that Purple. You will find though that Peter Cullum made an offer for Norwich City not so long ago and it didn''t meet the valuation that the Joneses wanted. There will always be buyers for football clubs, especially when you are desperate to sell. Now I don''t think that they are at the moment, but that time may not be too far off, especially if the mood about the club continues to darken.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]

Now don''t get me wrong I am far from a fan of Bob the Builder, but I grew up watching the successful Norwich teams when he was in chairman, it was all I had ever known what with my first game being a 2-1 victory over Nottingham Forrest on Boxing Day 1986. Since Delia and Co have been in charge we have not had anything near the success the Robert Chase presided over.

[/quote]I had already being watching City for 32 yrears before your first game and many of them were utter dross. I therefore have a slightly different take on Delia''s reign than you.Its all a matter of perspective.[:D]

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]I the direct quote from Bob the Builder (as my uncle frequently reminds me) went something like "you''ve had a festival of football" or words to those effect. The truth is though that when he blatantly lied about the Sutton situation and said that if Sutton was sold he would sell the club yet didn''t, that was when the writing was on the wall for him. This leads one to wonder if the quote to the effect of we scoured the whole of Europe looking for the best man for the job might just be the bridge too far for the current chairman and owners. When you start taking your patrons for mugs that is generally when things go down hill rapidly. And judging from the plethora of posts on here recently that give the impression that people feel they have been lied to, it might not be too long before the writing is on the wall for the Joneses.The only thing that is going to save the current regime is if we get promoted this season and establish ourselves in the top flight. I feel that failure to do so will see an increase in bile and vitriol spewed at the current board until their position becomes untenable and they are forced to sell. I believe that this makes the next month the most important month for them in the history of their ownership of Norwich City. No more room for sentiment or half baked decisions.

[/quote]They can only sell if someone makes an offer to buy. They have never received such an offer, so this would have to be a first.[/quote]

Well as usual you decide to chime in with complete nonsense, thanks for that Purple. You will find though that Peter Cullum made an offer for Norwich City not so long ago and it didn''t meet the valuation that the Joneses wanted. There will always be buyers for football clubs, especially when you are desperate to sell. Now I don''t think that they are at the moment, but that time may not be too far off, especially if the mood about the club continues to darken.

[/quote]No. He didn''t. He outlined an informal proposal, which happens all the time in business. But he never turned it into a proper offer. If he had then the shareholders would have been told what it was. Smith and Jones may have received other informal proposals over the years but never a formal offer.If someone did make such a formal offer that valued the club accordingly, and they passed all the requisite tests, and could prove they had the club''s long-term interests at heart, then Smith and Jones - given all they have said about being willing to sell to the right owner - would not be able to stand in the way. But no-one has ever done that. And Cullum certainly didn''t.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]I the direct quote from Bob the Builder (as my uncle frequently reminds me) went something like "you''ve had a festival of football" or words to those effect. The truth is though that when he blatantly lied about the Sutton situation and said that if Sutton was sold he would sell the club yet didn''t, that was when the writing was on the wall for him. This leads one to wonder if the quote to the effect of we scoured the whole of Europe looking for the best man for the job might just be the bridge too far for the current chairman and owners. When you start taking your patrons for mugs that is generally when things go down hill rapidly. And judging from the plethora of posts on here recently that give the impression that people feel they have been lied to, it might not be too long before the writing is on the wall for the Joneses.The only thing that is going to save the current regime is if we get promoted this season and establish ourselves in the top flight. I feel that failure to do so will see an increase in bile and vitriol spewed at the current board until their position becomes untenable and they are forced to sell. I believe that this makes the next month the most important month for them in the history of their ownership of Norwich City. No more room for sentiment or half baked decisions.

[/quote]No. He didn''t. He outlined an informal proposal, which happens all the time in business. But he never turned it into a proper offer. If he had then the shareholders would have been told what it was. Smith and Jones may have received other informal proposals over the years but never a formal offer.If someone did make such a formal offer that valued the club accordingly, and they passed all the requisite tests, and could prove they had the club''s long-term interests at heart, then Smith and Jones - given all they have said about being willing to sell to the right owner - would not be able to stand in the way. But no-one has ever done that. And Cullum certainly didn''t.[/quote][|-)] He offered £20m they wanted £60m so he said no thanks and good luck. If they continually ask for 3 times what the buyer is willing to pay it is unlikely that they will ever sell, yet they can give the impression that they would be willing to step aside, for the right price and to the right person of course.