Sign in to follow this  
j slat

Hughes - he's rubbish

[quote]what a load of Rubbish[/quote]

Oh, so thats all right then.

Give the guy a break j slat, only two competitive games for City, and he''s rubbish?, and they say I''m mad!. 

[quote]what a load of Rubbish[/quote]

Fancy giving us some reasoning behind your decision to label him rubbish? WHat areas he is good/not good at? How we can make the most of him? Who else we should play? Etc

What a load of tosh.

He''s in everyones face all the time. Has had some reasonable attempts on goal. Superb work rate. OK his passing has been a bit suspect and he likes to fly in a bit too quick. But in time he will show some quality.

In comparison, please do tell me exactly what Jarret has done ???? A couple of ok passes and interceptions and a lot of nothing else really. Certainly hasn''t made many appearances near goal.

Another thing to asds about Hughes. When he comes out on to the pitch he salutes the crowd by goin gto the stadiums and clapping them. He also did this after the match. Went round half the crowd.

That''s commitment ot the club. He also got the crowd going during the match when he went for a throw in. Exactly what this club needs.

It was a good atmosphere in Tuesday night, and its always excellent away. But sometimes Carrow Road can be like a graveyard, and I''m APPALLED at the people booing after the match.

Supporters need to give the players and the team time to gel.

Now start being positive - you RUBBISH supporter haha. 

[quote]My Monkey-senses are tingling - bored scummer??[/quote]

Thats what I thought but I''m sure we are all agreed that this is the sort of quality, well structured and thoughtful posts that are some times lacking on this board.

[quote]Thats what I thought but I''m sure we are all agreed that this is the sort of quality, well structured and thoughtful posts that are some times lacking on this board.[/quote]

Do scummers know words with more than 3 letters in Saint?.

[quote]Do scummers know words with more than 3 letters in Saint?.[/quote]

I think they know a few Wiz over 3 letters.  B-a-n-k-r-u-p-t, A-d-m-i-n-i-s-t-r-a-t-i-o-n and R-e-c-e-i-v-e-r-s.

They can also string the following sentences together.  "Lost in the Play-Offs again" and "Where have all our good players gone?" 

[quote]My Monkey-senses are tingling - bored scummer??[/quote]

Haha. I just get annoyed by all this negativity. You''re probably spot on - a scummer at play.

Anyway, I think Hughes will come good. I certainly like his energy.

I`m with cheeky monkey on this one, there`s no way you can label someone rubbish after two matches, yes, he may be guilty of a couple of stray passes, and he may jump into some tackles, but thats probably trying to hard to impress, and i`d rather have someone in peoples faces and tackling hard, than the total lack of commitment and fight showed by Francis end part  of last season. 

right, i have been drawn to this by a friend (norwichboy) who is a canaries fan, and i am writing as a reading fan disappointed to see hughesey leave the mad stad. yes he can give away the odd pass, and yes he does do some strange stuff but you can be guranteed that when the chips are down he will be the fighter, the energy to get the team going, he gives 350% to the team when others struggle to give 10%. he scores occasionally, but if norwich want the most out of him fans need to back him, chant him as he is a big confidence player. the tackles are a sign of his commitment. when he gets confident he will play well for you guys. support him to get the most from him. - Owesreading till i die, see you guys jan 31st, you''ll be welcome.

got to say not too impressed with andy hughs on tuesday night he was on his back side more than his feet but to be fair we are only 2 games in.

i don''t know about anyone else but i would love to see sidwell in the yellow and green any coments?

Thanks Owen for the post. Its obvious that Hughes shows passion and energy. Its good ot have it confirmed by a Reading fan.

Its also obvious that he likes the crowd behind him, as he regularly congratulates the crowd - which I think is great.

Welcome to NCFC Hughsey. I think you will make a good, positive sustained contribution to this club.

Poor positional play- mistimed and ineffective tackles and passing that ranges from the ridiculous to the very ridiculous.

Nothing personal- he''ll be a valuable squad member and OK when we need to stiffen up away from home. With Hucks and Marney out wide we need quality from our central two.

Thanks Owen - Hughesy had a few shocking moments on Tuesday night - he seemed to spend most of the time falling over - but there''s no reason for anyone writing that he''s rubbish! I''ll have no qualms about him starting today, but I think the Jarrett-Safri combination is the future. But as Hughesy can do a job just about anywhere on the pitch, I feel we''ll see a lot of him this year... maybe we need a song to cheer him up???

I''m convinced that given time Hughes, like Louis-Jean, will become good assets for City.  You have to remember that some of these players are being asked by our coaching staff to play a style they are not necessarily used to. 

Hughes has already stated that he finds it difficult to not push up like he used to at Reading, as opposed to having to keep a midfield shape.  Two seasons ago this same player scored several goals and provided numerous assists when he was allowed to push up.  I am not convinced our coaching staff know the difference between a defensive midfielder such as Safri, and an attacking midfielder such as Hughes.  Let these players play to their strengths, and not to a shape that looks good.

Henderson prefers to play as a central striker so we always play him on the right.  Bentley looked good at the beginning of last season when he appeared to have a free role, then we moved him to the right.  The latest example is Louis-Jean who looks really dangerous playing right midfield, but he is put at right back.

Thanks Owen. There you have it guys, let''s get behind him at all times.  You cannot judge a player after 2 games, how many time''s have you changed job''s and made a mistake or two in the first couple of months, only to go on to be really good and efficent at that job? 

It seems as though Hughes was the Holt of Reading. Hardworking, energetic, willing, not particularly skillful but makes a valuable contribution to the team.

Clearly W was always going to bring in that type of player once Holt was away as he (W) values high work rate and energy, almost above everything else.

Sure Hughes committed a couple of "faux-pas" on Tuesday but it was also noticeable how he tried to get the crowd going, and how he did applaud all sides of the ground at the end when the reciprocal feelings were not that great.  All credit to him, he could well become the "leader" that we need on the pitch and the player to whom the crowd responds.

i think todays cross/through ball to ashton will shut up a few moaners!

Hes here, hes there, hes every BEEPING where, its andy hughes....... andy hughes...........

[quote]i think todays cross/through ball to ashton will shut up a few moaners! Hes here, hes there, hes every BEEPING where, its andy hughes....... andy hughes...........[/quote]

Lets hope so. I was surprised how quick supporters were to get on his back! Lets hope he continues his good form and creates lots of chances!

Thats a great original chant AJ!

He was my man of the match today, I thought his workrate and overall contribution was outstanding and I firmly believe theres much more to come from him.

Credit where credit is due. Hughes put in an improved performance today, as the ball to Ashton showed. I did slate his first two outings, but his performances deserved it. I feel Norwich City deserves a bit of quality from it''s players, and Hughes had showed none.However, I do feel Safri partnering him in midfield played a significant part today. Having someone like Safri who can keep possession while his partner can move forward in the knowledge that they won''t have to track back seconds later is a real bonus. I was disappointed that Worthy took him off with 15 minutes to go. Safri wasn''t struggling, and quite frankly our midfield subsequently fell apart. Hughes and Jarrett showed that as a pair they are incapable of keeping the ball, allowing Palace to push forward, which nearly cost us a point.So a better performance from Hughes. But I still feel he has yet to show the quality we need for our midfield to dominate other teams in this league.

[quote]i think todays cross/through ball to ashton will shut up a few moaners! Hes here, hes there, hes every BEEPING where, its andy hughes....... andy hughes...........[/quote]

No, he was still poor for a lot of the match. Lunges into tackles, makes simple passes to opposition players and generally gives away possession too easily. Yes at times he looks the part but with a fit Safri and had Francis stayed then I really can''t see how he would be in the starting 11