Sign in to follow this  
Maccys Back

Holt,Holt,Holt

Just watching the F.L.S, Huddersfield V Brentford is their main match seeing Holt playing so well for Huddersfield is gutting. He could of done a cracking job for us this season I''m sure we''d have had a few extra points this season with him in the team and need I say last season aswell :(

We did well to keep him as long as we did as he hasn''t stayed anywhere else longer than two years.  If Lambert had stayed, or if we had brought in a manager after Lambert that suited Holt''s style and attitude, we might still have had him (and we might still be in the premiership),  but he was always going to gravitate towards living nearer his home city of Carlisle and may have wanted away that fourth year more than we realised.   He got lambasted in some quarters, but his pushing for a better contract was maybe more to do with him saying well I want to move north so if you want to keep me you''ll have to show me how much you want me to stay. 

The sad thing is how some of our fans never really appreciated him fully and ran him down at the slightest opportunity.  Most of us really understood his value though and if he plays next week, he will make it difficult for us, make no mistake. Hope he does actually, seeing Holt playing well is something special. Hope he scores too and gets a good reception for it - (as long as we are winning well at the time).

Could be emotional.............I''ve got a tear in my eye right now......

This is the game we must put the ghost of Christmas past behind us or Holty will haunt this message board for at least the rest of this season. I loved Holty and have great memories as he led us from League 1 to Premier League status, but...

Nostalgia is fine but our current form is the main concern and putting away Huddersfield in a clinical and confident fashion without any interference from GH is my hope.

I wish he had hung his boots up when he left us, as like the earlier poster, I see an analogy in Holty''s return like having to watch your Mrs getting rogered by your best mate!

[quote user="lake district canary"]We did well to keep him as long as we did as he hasn''t stayed anywhere else longer than two years.  If Lambert had stayed, or if we had brought in a manager after Lambert that suited Holt''s style and attitude, we might still have had him (and we might still be in the premiership),  but he was always going to gravitate towards living nearer his home city of Carlisle and may have wanted away that fourth year more than we realised.   He got lambasted in some quarters, but his pushing for a better contract was maybe more to do with him saying well I want to move north so if you want to keep me you''ll have to show me how much you want me to stay. 

The sad thing is how some of our fans never really appreciated him fully and ran him down at the slightest opportunity.  Most of us really understood his value though and if he plays next week, he will make it difficult for us, make no mistake. Hope he does actually, seeing Holt playing well is something special. Hope he scores too and gets a good reception for it - (as long as we are winning well at the time).

Could be emotional.............I''ve got a tear in my eye right now......

[/quote]

^ This ^.

Cheered & applauded to the rafters when he appears, then booed & chants of "who ate all the pies", "you fat b******" etc. every time he touches the ball. He''ll love it.

Oh, & a goal for him. So long as we get four.

Are we sure he''s going to play? I thought I read somewhere that his loan to Huddersfield ended after Saturday''s game. I also saw Malky say that he still has a future at Wigan, and after we beat them, that would certainly seem to be the case! Happy for someone to confirm that his loan has been extended.

[quote user="Woodman"]

Are we sure he''s going to play? I thought I read somewhere that his loan to Huddersfield ended after Saturday''s game. I also saw Malky say that he still has a future at Wigan, and after we beat them, that would certainly seem to be the case! Happy for someone to confirm that his loan has been extended.

[/quote]It was extended until January.

[quote user="Woodman"]

[/quote]

I''ve answered my own question - staying there until 28 Dec - http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-towns-hopes-keeping-hold-8171158

And I was just reading that in his loan spell, he has scored two goals in ten appearances. So if you can ignore the "* rolls eyes, wouldn''t it be just like the thing" factor, he''s hardly been prolific.And I wonder if it might actually unnerve him a little coming back to Carrow Road.

[quote user="Maccys Back"] He could of done a cracking job for us this season I''m sure we''d have had a few extra points this season with him in the team([/quote]I don''t normally do ''grammar police'' but this one is really bugging me. How come you state "he could of" in one sentence then [effectively] "we would have" in the very next?I have a horrible feeling Holt will score; I just hope we score more than his team do. If he does score, I wonder how he will celebrate. No Lambert-style gesticulating at the directors'' box, I hope.

"Maccys Back wrote: He could of done a cracking job for us this season I''m sure we''d have had a few extra points this season with him in the team(

I don''t normally do ''grammar police'' but this one is really bugging me. How come you state "he could of" in one sentence then [effectively] "we would have" in the very next?"

Who chose the name Chip20 for you?? Or did you glance into the mirror whilst thinking up a user name at which point you happened to notice something rather large on your shoulder??

[quote user="Maccys Back"]Who chose the name Chip20 for you?? Or did you glance into the mirror whilst thinking up a user name at which point you happened to notice something rather large on your shoulder??[/quote]I''m sure you could have helped him out with a username Maccy, you''re quite good at it. [:D][<:o)]

I don''t normally do grammar policING on ere init but I az noticed dis "How come you state". Bit weird you wouldn''t proof read your post INIT chip Diddy chip-munk