Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Bowkett Not a Smart Cookie

Remember this is the man who said his aim was to finish 17th in the PL the season after Lambert had guided the club to 12th place. Why would you want to encourage the players to do worse than the season before? It is little wonder there was such an alarming slump when the 10 game unbeaten run came to an end because the players must have thought to themselves, hang on a minute, what are we doing this high in the table (I think it was 8th) - the chairman only wants us in 17th by the end of the season.

Secondly, anyone who thinks Bowkett''s epic journey around the world to find investment was anything more than a PR stunt to pull the wool over supporters eyes is very, very sadly mistaken and just the kind of mug that the Wynn Joneses take Norwich supporters for. The latter have no intention whatever of selling up willingly and will use any PR device at their disposal in an attempt to shore up their position. And to think that some people still believe these people to be better than Chase? If you stripped away the teflon coating and smashed the mirrors and extinguished the smoke you would see what you are really dealing with. Mr Chase couldn''t be bothered with all that because he was too busy getting everyone to deliver on the pitch. In 1996 the club was taken over by New Labour spin doctor types who create thier own reality rather than deal with reality as most people see it.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Remember this is the man who said his aim was to finish 17th in the PL the season after Lambert had guided the club to 12th place. Why would you want to encourage the players to do worse than the season before? It is little wonder there was such an alarming slump when the 10 game unbeaten run came to an end because the players must have thought to themselves, hang on a minute, what are we doing this high in the table (I think it was 8th) - the chairman only wants us in 17th by the end of the season.

Secondly, anyone who thinks Bowkett''s epic journey around the world to find investment was anything more than a PR stunt to pull the wool over supporters eyes is very, very sadly mistaken and just the kind of mug that the Wynn Joneses take Norwich supporters for. The latter have no intention whatever of selling up willingly and will use any PR device at their disposal in an attempt to shore up their position. And to think that some people still believe these people to be better than Chase? If you stripped away the teflon coating and smashed the mirrors and extinguished the smoke you would see what you are really dealing with. Mr Chase couldn''t be bothered with all that because he was too busy getting everyone to deliver on the pitch. In 1996 the club was taken over by New Labour spin doctor types who create thier own reality rather than deal with reality as most people see it.[/quote]...or selling everyone.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Remember this is the man who said his aim was to finish 17th in the PL the season after Lambert had guided the club to 12th place. Why would you want to encourage the players to do worse than the season before? It is little wonder there was such an alarming slump when the 10 game unbeaten run came to an end because the players must have thought to themselves, hang on a minute, what are we doing this high in the table (I think it was 8th) - the chairman only wants us in 17th by the end of the season.

Secondly, anyone who thinks Bowkett''s epic journey around the world to find investment was anything more than a PR stunt to pull the wool over supporters eyes is very, very sadly mistaken and just the kind of mug that the Wynn Joneses take Norwich supporters for. The latter have no intention whatever of selling up willingly and will use any PR device at their disposal in an attempt to shore up their position. And to think that some people still believe these people to be better than Chase? If you stripped away the teflon coating and smashed the mirrors and extinguished the smoke you would see what you are really dealing with. Mr Chase couldn''t be bothered with all that because he was too busy getting everyone to deliver on the pitch. In 1996 the club was taken over by New Labour spin doctor types who create thier own reality rather than deal with reality as most people see it.[/quote]I''m guessing this is either a binner or someone trying to be funny, because surely nobody is that stupid to think these things

[quote user="Big Vince"]Bowkett Not a Smart Cookie[/quote]I checked Wikipedia:"Alan Bowkett has been a prominent businessman in England for over 35

years. In 1987, Bowkett undertook, oversaw, and led his first private

equity deal. Bowkett is known for his wide range of knowledge in

multiple industries, for he has been in leadership positions for many

different companies in varied industries. Bowkett is regarded as a

business leader whom conceives visions and then implements working

strategies that have been extremely successful for a plethra of

companies. Bowkett is current the chairman of: Inter Alia, Avio SpA, and

Strix Ltd; the latter of which is an electronic controls company from

China while Avio SpA is an Italian Aerospace company"Doesn''t sound too shabby to me.While I was there, I also checked Wikipedia for "Big Vince":[img]http://memecrunch.com/meme/49XMW/knobhead/image.png[/img]So there we have it!

Actually Big Vince, you are nearly correct in that the owners are New Labourites with all the issues that entails.

Mr Bowkett is not so easy to dismiss. He obviously is a talented and well respected business man. What is difficult to compute is why he appears to be manipulated by, and a mouth piece of, the owners.

Oh and its nice to see the ever humorous Laps opinions. Just what does he stand for other than the status quo. An easy life and cop out it appears

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Big Vince, you are nearly correct in that the owners are New Labourites with all the issues that entails.

Mr Bowkett is not so easy to dismiss. He obviously is a talented and well respected business man. What is difficult to compute is why he appears to be manipulated by, and a mouth piece of, the owners.[/quote]I know, I know. It is TOTALLY baffling! Five years and five months now. How on earth has he stood being a manipulated mouthpiece for so long, putting his his hard-won reputation at risk?If only there was some kind of explanation. Even something totally off the wall such as, for example, his well-respected business acumen actually having convinced him that Smith and Jones know what they are doing in owning and running the football club and he is more than happy to be associated with them.Nah, it couldn''t be that, despite fitting all the facts. I think we are left with the Stepford Wives scenario.  Smith and Jones, the evil geniuses that they are, robotised Bowkett - and McNally - the moment they stepped into the boardroom at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Oh and its nice to see the ever humorous Laps opinions. Just what does he stand for other than the status quo. An easy life and cop out it appears[/quote]It''s wonderful to have a fan club Bury. Anything I can do for you? Would you like a signed photo to hang on your bedroom wall perhaps? Or a pair of my old boxers? They''re not to be sniffed at. [:$] 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Big Vince, you are nearly correct in that the owners are New Labourites with all the issues that entails.

Mr Bowkett is not so easy to dismiss. He obviously is a talented and well respected business man. What is difficult to compute is why he appears to be manipulated by, and a mouth piece of, the owners.[/quote]I know, I know. It is TOTALLY baffling! Five years and five months now. How on earth has he stood being a manipulated mouthpiece for so long, putting his his hard-won reputation at risk?If only there was some kind of explanation. Even something totally off the wall such as, for example, his well-respected business acumen actually having convinced him that Smith and Jones know what they are doing in owning and running the football club and he is more than happy to be associated with them.Nah, it couldn''t be that, despite fitting all the facts. I think we are left with the Stepford Wives scenario.  Smith and Jones, the evil geniuses that they are, robotised Bowkett - and McNally - the moment they stepped into the boardroom at Carrow Road.[/quote]I hear that Smith and Jones were behind that faked moon landing debacle as well. And don''t get me started on the whole 9/11 thing. It''s all smoke and mirrors...and some football on the side.

In one of the business papers it was reported.There is a lot of the politician about Bowkett: he speaks well,

anticipates criticisms, is a good rescuer of lost causes and inspires

trust and loyalty.
Clearly not with Norwich supporters !

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Big Vince, you are nearly correct in that the owners are New Labourites with all the issues that entails.

Mr Bowkett is not so easy to dismiss. He obviously is a talented and well respected business man. What is difficult to compute is why he appears to be manipulated by, and a mouth piece of, the owners.[/quote]I know, I know. It is TOTALLY baffling! Five years and five months now. How on earth has he stood being a manipulated mouthpiece for so long, putting his his hard-won reputation at risk?If only there was some kind of explanation. Even something totally off the wall such as, for example, his well-respected business acumen actually having convinced him that Smith and Jones know what they are doing in owning and running the football club and he is more than happy to be associated with them.Nah, it couldn''t be that, despite fitting all the facts. I think we are left with the Stepford Wives scenario.  Smith and Jones, the evil geniuses that they are, robotised Bowkett - and McNally - the moment they stepped into the boardroom at Carrow Road.[/quote]If we ever needed proof of that Stepford Wives theory then it came today. Does anyone think the real David McNally would have, quite unprompted, come up with this gushing encomium?Hello Kilburnboy, in Delia and MIchael we''ve got the best owners in

football. They are two of the most experienced owners in football and

they have a great understanding of the business of football.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Big Vince, you are nearly correct in that the owners are New Labourites with all the issues that entails. Mr Bowkett is not so easy to dismiss. He obviously is a talented and well respected business man. What is difficult to compute is why he appears to be manipulated by, and a mouth piece of, the owners.[/quote]

I know, I know. It is TOTALLY baffling! Five years and five months now. How on earth has he stood being a manipulated mouthpiece for so long, putting his his hard-won reputation at risk?

If only there was some kind of explanation. Even something totally off the wall such as, for example, his well-respected business acumen actually having convinced him that Smith and Jones know what they are doing in owning and running the football club and he is more than happy to be associated with them.

Nah, it couldn''t be that, despite fitting all the facts. I think we are left with the Stepford Wives scenario.  Smith and Jones, the evil geniuses that they are, robotised Bowkett - and McNally - the moment they stepped into the boardroom at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

If we ever needed proof of that Stepford Wives theory then it came today. Does anyone think the real David McNally would have, quite unprompted, come up with this gushing encomium?

Hello Kilburnboy, in Delia and MIchael we''ve got the best owners in football. They are two of the most experienced owners in football and they have a great understanding of the business of football.

[/quote]

Oh and they pay me over a million a year cough cough[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Big Vince, you are nearly correct in that the owners are New Labourites with all the issues that entails. Mr Bowkett is not so easy to dismiss. He obviously is a talented and well respected business man. What is difficult to compute is why he appears to be manipulated by, and a mouth piece of, the owners.[/quote]I know, I know. It is TOTALLY baffling! Five years and five months now. How on earth has he stood being a manipulated mouthpiece for so long, putting his his hard-won reputation at risk?If only there was some kind of explanation. Even something totally off the wall such as, for example, his well-respected business acumen actually having convinced him that Smith and Jones know what they are doing in owning and running the football club and he is more than happy to be associated with them.Nah, it couldn''t be that, despite fitting all the facts. I think we are left with the Stepford Wives scenario.  Smith and Jones, the evil geniuses that they are, robotised Bowkett - and McNally - the moment they stepped into the boardroom at Carrow Road.[/quote]If we ever needed proof of that Stepford Wives theory then it came today. Does anyone think the real David McNally would have, quite unprompted, come up with this gushing encomium?Hello Kilburnboy, in Delia and MIchael we''ve got the best owners in football. They are two of the most experienced owners in football and they have a great understanding of the business of football.

[/quote]

Oh and they pay me over a million a year cough cough[;)]

[/quote]Dear me. Such cynicism in one so young...

They have such a great understanding of the football business they were able to confirm last season that "No one was available" to replace Chrissy Hughton.

They have such a great understanding of the football business that after having scoured the whole of Europe for a manager they found that the best man for the job was already at Colney and in-situ.

They have such a great understanding of the football business that they sent Bowkett on a worldwide mission to find NO INVESTMENT.

They have such a great understanding of the football business they asked Deloittes to find NO INVESTMENT.

[quote user="Big Vince"]They have such a great understanding of the football business they were able to confirm last season that "No one was available" to replace Chrissy Hughton.

They have such a great understanding of the football business that after having scoured the whole of Europe for a manager they found that the best man for the job was already at Colney and in-situ.

They have such a great understanding of the football business that they sent Bowkett on a worldwide mission to find NO INVESTMENT.

They have such a great understanding of the football business they asked Deloittes to find NO INVESTMENT.[/quote]Dear big Vinnie, loves our Winnie, and he thinks Delia''s lush,Is it for real, this love he feels,Or just a schoolboy crush?[<:o)]