Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Paul Lambert and the temple of doom

When Lambert was in charge the Carra bounced ever home game.

Through the Hughton and now the Adams era it has turned in to a morgue.

Why is it happening and what needs to change to get it rocking again?

We were winning regularly and now we''re not. Also we came from L1 so every victory felt great, coming down a league to scrape a scrappy win at struggling Wigan just won''t get people going in the same way (I enjoyed it though!)

It''s also the same as this in 95% of grounds in the country. Unless you''re one of the leagues plucky minnows most fans will only sing when it''s going well

It is all about expectations.

Fans expect promotion, because McNasty and Adams both have said this is the objective.

So, when we win unconvincingly, fans are not too amused, as we expect to win. If we lose or draw, it is mayhem, as we expect to win.

The relegation aftermath, and following expectation levels being raised by management, is the reason for the atmosphere not being what we used to see under Lambert.

Back then we were underdogs with low expectations. Now we are the big fish expected to win and get promoted.

[quote user="The beautiful south"]When Lambert was in charge the Carra bounced ever home game.

Through the Hughton and now the Adams era it has turned in to a morgue.

Why is it happening and what needs to change to get it rocking again?[/quote]

Really? Every home game? Are you sure?

Did ''the carra bounce every home game'' really?

I didn''t miss a Lambert home game and don''t remember it being that different from now. Yes it''s slightly quieter but as said, the mood was completely different, we were on a constant up curve then and we''re now trying to bounce back from relegation where every lull in performance or conceding is seen as totally unacceptable.

I think it''s longer than just Hughton/Adams times since Carrow Rd was really rocking consistently.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well almost every league game Squitters. Perhaps you are a bit more critical of Lambert as the beloved Delia didn''t pick him :-)[/quote]

No, not sure where I''ve criticised Lambert either, you need to chill out a bit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2427611/Paul-Lambert-Ill-hurt-snubbed-Norwich-board.html

Lambert previously labelled the situation ''ridiculous'' and clearly the tension still lingered.

Asked if he would go into the boardroom, Lambert said: ''No. It''s gone.

''Time will never heal that. That''s all I want to say.

''Of course there was regret the way it ended. It should never have ended like that. But I know what happened.

''Maybe when the big man is calling me, maybe then I''ll tell you.''

Lambert exonerated co-owner Delia Smith from any of the blame with his ire directed towards chairman Alan Bowkett and chief executive David McNally.

''I''m pretty sure the people of Norwich would love to know the truth,'' he added. ''In the three years I was there, the supporters were absolutely great.

''I had a fantastic relationship with them. Great times. Some might have been delighted I was out of the door. Others might think: "What''s happened there?"

''It was nothing that was on the pitch. I''ve got to let it go now. I don''t want to talk about it now, it''s gone.''

All in the Delia Hater''s Bible that is the Daily Mail. So it seems that she had nothing to do with him leaving either Bury....

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Now Lambert is in charge of Villa their gates are going down and their fans are worse then ours ![/quote]I thought Villa Park was the "temple of doom" being referenced in the original post to be honest. Villa are pretty poor under the ol'' Scotsman. I watched their game against Leicester on Sunday (clearly I haven''t got anything better to do with my spare time (hence Norwich fan)) and they didn''t really impose themselves on the match. It was more Leicester losing with poor individual errors than Aston Villa outplaying them.Still he''s held down the job for 2 1/2 years now so not doing too bad.