Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

Did McNally really back Adams?

The question .

Hi David. If we don''t manage to get promotion this year - what is the future plan for the club? Has there been a period of consolidation built into the contingency? Are you prepared to give Adams a few seasons to build the squad?

DM''s answer. 

Hello Paul, our aim is to get back to the Premier League as quickly as we can. Ideally that means this season if at all possible. Football management is a high risk business - the current average tenure of a football manager in the Championship is less than one season. Indeed, based on the LMA''s own stats Neil Adams is the 47th longest-serving manager in the Football League out of 72! Quite simply the aim is win games in a results business and in football we are all judged in this way. We''re all working with Neil to try and improve our results and our league position.

For me he dodged the issue, this is not the backing Archant are claiming.

A bit easier to dodge the question when it''s one of three. I suspect there were several more unanswered submissions which asked a single question about the manager''s future.

[quote user="tenpenny"]A bit easier to dodge the question when it''s one of three. I suspect there were several more unanswered submissions which asked a single question about the manager''s future.[/quote]What do you honestly expect him to say?"Yeah, thanks for the question, aye, that Adams lad is on borrowed time, if we don''t win Saturday he''s getting his P45"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="tenpenny"]A bit easier to dodge the question when it''s one of three. I suspect there were several more unanswered submissions which asked a single question about the manager''s future.[/quote]What do you honestly expect him to say?"Yeah, thanks for the question, aye, that Adams lad is on borrowed time, if we don''t win Saturday he''s getting his P45"[/quote]I never mentioned what I expected him to say. Now that you bring the subject up I would have expected easy questions and PR friendly answers. That''s exactly what we got.

[quote user="tenpenny"][quote user="morty"][quote user="tenpenny"]A bit easier to dodge the question when it''s one of three. I suspect there were several more unanswered submissions which asked a single question about the manager''s future.[/quote]What do you honestly expect him to say?"Yeah, thanks for the question, aye, that Adams lad is on borrowed time, if we don''t win Saturday he''s getting his P45"[/quote]I never mentioned what I expected him to say. Now that you bring the subject up I would have expected easy questions and PR friendly answers. That''s exactly what we got.[/quote]Gives the conspiracy theorists something to think about[Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]As I said before the Q & A took place........stage managed.[/quote]What questions did he avoid then?Of all the times you have met McNally, or seen him at fans forums, have you ever known him refuse to answer a question?Or is it just a case of net hearing the answers you would have liked to have heard?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]As I said before the Q & A took place........stage managed.[/quote]What questions did he avoid then?Of all the times you have met McNally, or seen him at fans forums, have you ever known him refuse to answer a question?Or is it just a case of net hearing the answers you would have liked to have heard?[/quote]*Not.*sigh*

One of the reasons McNally is CEO is because he knows how to manage public relations occasions.  He can appear outspoken and slightly abrasive but rarely actually says anything of any great significance.    Like most politicians, what he says is fairly uninteresting most of the time.   The worst complaint I would have is that sometimes he steps over the mark about talking about players'' attitudes, which imo should be kept behind closed doors.   

If you meet him and he talks off the record, no problem - and he may give his own personal opinions a bit more, but as far as this type of Q/A session goes...................99%  public relations meaningless stage managed box ticking.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]As I said before the Q & A took place........stage managed.[/quote]

What questions did he avoid then?

Of all the times you have met McNally, or seen him at fans forums, have you ever known him refuse to answer a question?

Or is it just a case of net hearing the answers you would have liked to have heard?
[/quote]

As I said Morty...stage managed. You were invited to submit questions beforehand via e-mail.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]As I said before the Q & A took place........stage managed.[/quote]What questions did he avoid then?Of all the times you have met McNally, or seen him at fans forums, have you ever known him refuse to answer a question?Or is it just a case of net hearing the answers you would have liked to have heard?[/quote]

As I said Morty...stage managed. You were invited to submit questions beforehand via e-mail.

[/quote]Yes, yes, its obvious it would be managed in some way, they always have been, why do you have particular issue with it now though?Did you submit any questions? And if you bothered to actually log in and watch it, most of the questions that were answered were ones that were submitted "live"Sorry, but this feels like a bit like you are searching for a stick....

Morty mate please get it out of your head that anybody who has a differing opinion to you is always looking for a stick to beat the club with or is part of a conspiracy theory. Funny don''t you think that McNally is always prepared to give away snippets over a pint or after a forum but never makes them to a gathered audience of a few hundred or live on air ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Morty mate please get it out of your head that anybody who has a differing opinion to you is always looking for a stick to beat the club with or is part of a conspiracy theory. Funny don''t you think that McNally is always prepared to give away snippets over a pint or after a forum but never makes them to a gathered audience of a few hundred or live on air ?[/quote]I think I have heard you rant often enough in the pub to know what your views are[;)]Theres nothing funny about it all, there is no conspiracy theory or mystery.When he is in the pub, he is David McNally, his own man, in the pub talking about stuff. It is his own views and opinions, none of it attributable or recorded.When he is at work, doing things such as this he is David McNally, Norwich City employee, doing his job of work. And anything put out into the ether of the internet, is there forever, in print.

[quote user="morty"]
When he is in the pub, he is David McNally, his own man, in the pub talking about stuff. It is his own views and opinions, none of it attributable or recorded.

When he is at work, doing things such as this he is David McNally, Norwich City employee, doing his job of work. And anything put out into the ether of the internet, is there forever, in print.

[/quote]

Ah I get it David McNally has a pub persona which is not recorded and a stage managed CEO official slant on things if it is recorded. Great, I am glad that has been cleared up. [:P]

I refer to my original post about the web chat being stage managed.