Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

BJ, Howson & Tettey.

Really hope NA has learnt his lesson and doesn''t start with these three tomorrow. Far too negative for a home game.

Unfortunately I see them all starting.

They are all hardworking players, and all have there qualities. However when played together, the football is awfull. Redmond and Hoolhan back in would be nice.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Don''t agree - Howson played in a more attacking role with the others as anchors = ok by me[/quote]

Impossible in a 4-4-2. BJ and Tettey were not anchoring.

For BJ and Tettey to anchor we''d need to play 4-2-3-1, which I don''t object to doing. Although I''d have Gary O''neill with tettey.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Don''t agree - Howson played in a more attacking role with the others as anchors = ok by me[/quote]^^^ This.I have to say too Lincoln, I never saw you calling for a Hoolahan return coming.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Don''t agree - Howson played in a more attacking role with the others as anchors = ok by me[/quote]^^^ This.I have to say too Lincoln, I never saw you calling for a Hoolahan return coming.[/quote]

Well he''s been so obviously missed, the sooner he''s back the better.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Don''t agree - Howson played in a more attacking role with the others as anchors = ok by me[/quote]^^^ This.I have to say too Lincoln, I never saw you calling for a Hoolahan return coming.[/quote]

Well he''s been so obviously missed, the sooner he''s back the better.[/quote]

Obviously missed?  Our bad run started when he was in the team.  Several matches where he was all over the place so much that team shape became non-existent, with Olsson patrolling the whole left side of the pitch on his own at times.  Don''t get me wrong, in the right formation (4411) he has a role, but we surely need to build on solid foundations and be a bit more direct - one thing that suggests Wes shouldn''t feature unless it is later in a game to give tired defenders the run around.

People seem to have forgot that Hoolahan`s injury at the time was touted as Adams maybe changing things instead of persisting with something that wasn`t working and a strange blessing in disguise.

I am a fan of Wes but he does frustrate at times and not sure we should rush him back in, surely Redmond to start at home is common sense.