Sign in to follow this  
Canarycat

Elliot Bennett- Emperor's New Clothing

I have never quite understood the blind faith some members of this noticeboard have in Elliott.He is a smashing bloke and talks a graet job. However I have just watcheed 72 minutes of Brighton v Millwall and he has been dragged off after having an absolute stinker.Several times he has simply not been able to control a ball passed straight to him. Simply not good enough and certainly not the answer to our prayers that some members of this forum seem to think he is.

To be fair, Brighton were generally woeful going forward. I think anyone would struggle to look good in Brighton colours tonight.

Canarycat wrote the following post at 12/12/2014 9:32 PM:

I have never quite understood the blind faith some members of this noticeboard have in Elliott.He is a smashing bloke and talks a graet job. However I have just watcheed 72 minutes of Brighton v Millwall and he has been dragged off after having an absolute stinker.Several times he has simply not been able to control a ball passed straight to him. Simply not good enough and certainly not the answer to our prayers that some members of this forum seem to think he is.

Regrettably I have to agree, he can look good when full of confidence in a team doing well, but in a tough game he hides too much for me.

[quote user="morty"]To be fair, Brighton were generally woeful going forward. I think anyone would struggle to look good in Brighton colours tonight.[/quote]On the contrary, it should have been easy to shine.The quality of his team mates has nothing to do with him being able to pass the ball straight unless of course you take the view that his colleagues were standing in the wrong place

Imo you can only judge one of our players on what he does for us.   Jacob at Blackpool has done fabulously well by any standards - but would he shine if he had been given the same opportunities at CR?   It will have done his confidence a lot of good but I would like to have seen him given more chances at CR before being shipped out.    E. Bennett is not yet the player he was since coming back from injury.  Whether he will ever find that edge again I don''t know - it could just be a confidence thing - and that was the reason touted for him being sent out - to get some games and get some match fitness and help his confidence.   So he had a bad game, it happens as any club, especially if a team is struggling anyway.   I will reserve judgement on him until he is in a Norwich shirt again, as with Jacob.  The pressures of the CR bubble are slightly different to Blackpool and Brighton, after all.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Imo you can only judge one of our players on what he does for us.   Jacob at Blackpool has done fabulously well by any standards - but would he shine if he had been given the same opportunities at CR?   It will have done his confidence a lot of good but I would like to have seen him given more chances at CR before being shipped out.    E. Bennett is not yet the player he was since coming back from injury.  Whether he will ever find that edge again I don''t know - it could just be a confidence thing - and that was the reason touted for him being sent out - to get some games and get some match fitness and help his confidence.   So he had a bad game, it happens as any club, especially if a team is struggling anyway.   I will reserve judgement on him until he is in a Norwich shirt again, as with Jacob.  The pressures of the CR bubble are slightly different to Blackpool and Brighton, after all.

[/quote]Why do you think the pressure at CR is different to the Amex? their crowds are roughly the same as ours in a similar size stadium

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="lake district canary"]Imo you can only judge one of our players on what he does for us.   Jacob at Blackpool has done fabulously well by any standards - but would he shine if he had been given the same opportunities at CR?   It will have done his confidence a lot of good but I would like to have seen him given more chances at CR before being shipped out.    E. Bennett is not yet the player he was since coming back from injury.  Whether he will ever find that edge again I don''t know - it could just be a confidence thing - and that was the reason touted for him being sent out - to get some games and get some match fitness and help his confidence.   So he had a bad game, it happens as any club, especially if a team is struggling anyway.   I will reserve judgement on him until he is in a Norwich shirt again, as with Jacob.  The pressures of the CR bubble are slightly different to Blackpool and Brighton, after all. [/quote]Why do you think the pressure at CR is different to the Amex? their crowds are roughly the same as ours in a similar size stadium[/quote]There is an expectation at CR, particularly this, that we should be at the top of the table and nowhere else is good enough. At a club like Brighton, the aspirations will be to being at the top, but they don''t expect to be there in the same way imo.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="lake district canary"]Imo you can only judge one of our players on what he does for us.   Jacob at Blackpool has done fabulously well by any standards - but would he shine if he had been given the same opportunities at CR?   It will have done his confidence a lot of good but I would like to have seen him given more chances at CR before being shipped out.    E. Bennett is not yet the player he was since coming back from injury.  Whether he will ever find that edge again I don''t know - it could just be a confidence thing - and that was the reason touted for him being sent out - to get some games and get some match fitness and help his confidence.   So he had a bad game, it happens as any club, especially if a team is struggling anyway.   I will reserve judgement on him until he is in a Norwich shirt again, as with Jacob.  The pressures of the CR bubble are slightly different to Blackpool and Brighton, after all. [/quote]Why do you think the pressure at CR is different to the Amex? their crowds are roughly the same as ours in a similar size stadium[/quote]There is an expectation at CR, particularly this season, that we should be at the top of the table and nowhere else is good enough. At a club like Brighton, the aspirations will be to being at the top, but they don''t expect to be there in the same way imo.

Elliot is a trier and fans like that but he is limited. Is still like to see how he is at right back but as a winger he is not good enough.

After watching him last night, he just seemed to remind me as a typical player on loan that we have seen here so many times. Doesn''t try too hard and then gets subbed after 70+ mins! Maybe he would be different if he was playing for his parent club, but somehow I doubt it. Sell him to Brighton if we can IMO.