Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Boo at half time

Amazed that the team were booed at half time , and the lack of support even when we had the game won , what has happed to the road , the ground would have been rocking in the seventies , understand that at half time we were struggling to score , but I think some of the players must be p----d off with the fans . In the past I have been critical of Adams but he seemed to do the business at half time , I have a feeling he could still be a hero come the end of the season .

[quote user="72season"]Amazed that the team were booed at half time , and the lack of support even when we had the game won , what has happed to the road , the ground would have been rocking in the seventies , understand that at half time we were struggling to score , but I think some of the players must be p----d off with the fans . In the past I have been critical of Adams but he seemed to do the business at half time , I have a feeling he could still be a hero come the end of the season .[/quote]I am frequently amazed at how readily some fans will boo their team.  However, this season has been a rough ride after doing so well to start with and it appears to some that Adams is out of his depth in being able to prepare a team well.   The worst thing that could have happened was  that the bad results would continue - and at half time today, with not much happening and Huddersfield down to 10 men, it was not encouraging.  Hopefully, if it happens again that we struggle in a first half, the boo boys might remember what happened in the second half today - after all it looks as if this poor first half, excellent second half is going to be a common occurrence this season - and we should be getting used to it!

I mentioned this on another thread but I''m not sure how much the boos were directed at the team. I know around me a lot of it was frustration at the ref for the lack of added time- Huddersfield consistently wasted time as soon as the red card happened and yet we only had 1 minute added on.

That''s right KC. I saw the other thread and your comment made good sense. But it''s more dramatic to assume the worst about the fans rather than pay attention to details and get it right. Meanwhile a few of those other fans like to assume the worst about the team and make excuses besides "we seriously deserved the big win" so they can wallow in their misery, too.