Sign in to follow this  
fen canary

Grany Holt

Our club owes a lot to Grant Holt, his goals took us from the despair of the 7-1 all the way to the Premiership.

His leadership, his tenacity, his constant winding up of the opposition defenders and his workrate are things that we have missed since his departure.

My stand out moment was the goal at Anfield when he creamed two defenders and the goalkeeper such was his determination to head the ball into the net in front of the Kop.

So it was with trepidation that I took my seat Yesterday.

Would he come back to haunt us, would he give our defenders a torrid time, how would I feel if he scored.

In the end it was a perfect afternoon.

We won convincingly, we saw the odd glimpse of the old Grant in an otherwise poor Huddersfield side and we got to say goodbye.

Who knows if we will see Grant at Carrow Road again, so thank you for the memories and this fan will never forget you.

Well said Fen.  It would have been good to be there yesterday - and I wouldn''t have minded seeing a vintage display from him and even a goal as long as we won, but as it went, the best possible outcome occurred - lots of goals for and none against - and GH had his send off. Good all round.

He looked stranded and the only outlet they had, also remember the likes of Rus Martin, Ruddy etc will know his game inside out. Cuellar had him in his pocket all game which again shows that he should be our #1 centre back.That said he looked like the Grant Holt of the Hooootan era rather than the Lambo era Holty.I thought the fans reacted fantastically to him and he reacted to us, he got the send off he deserves.Holt will always have a place in our team and dressing room I feel, he was / is a leader and still has goals in him. Part of me wonders if he also didnt give 100% because he was playing against us. Well who knows, everything went according to the script so smiles all around.

Hopefully his average performance yesterday answers the people who were saying we should have had him back here.

I was almost expected us to deliberately concede a last minute penalty in the Grant Holt testimonial game yesterday, just to give him a goal!

But it was really good to see him (doing very little to worry us) and the fans reaction was brilliant. Pleased to see him applauding the stands at the end.

Splendid to see him have such a great send off. We could and should have got a couple more seasons from him but on the evidence of yesterday he must be getting towards the end of his career although perhaps a couple of seasons for conference bound Carlisle may be a nice way for him to end