Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Cuellar

Not seen this mentioned anywhere else so thought I would- thought he was excellent yesterday, marshalled Holt, looked calm on the ball and read the game very well.

Sorry OP, I agree with you but this is too positive a way to get your message across.You need to try something like:"Cuellar was miles better than Russell Martin", or "can see Cuellar leaving for a Premiership team in January, he''s clearly too good for us".The hat-trick would be "imagine Cuellar and Bassong at the back - oh, that''s right, you''ll have to imagine it because Bassong''s been frozen out by the clueless radio presenter who is the cook''s puppet."

has shown real class in his games at cb. would like to seem him on the right as befits his strong right foot preference; but had holt in his pocket all game.

CB''s come in pairs, Terry, Cahill and even as far back as Moore and Charlton, they have diiferent roles, typically one for the aerial assult and one for the ground assult, although of course they both need to do both. To perform at their individual best they need to have confidence in their partner, knowing their back is covered.

So, Cueller and Martin, two games, two clean sheets and looking solid, I suspect this will not be changed unless other forces come into play?

I thought CC was good, too - unfussy, seemed to keep Holt under wraps pretty well. Villa fans had him as a bit of a cult hero, so I imagine he''ll do well enough for us if given a chance

[quote user="Ray"]CB''s come in pairs, Terry, Cahill and even as far back as Moore and Charlton, they have diiferent roles, typically one for the aerial assult and one for the ground assult, although of course they both need to do both. To perform at their individual best they need to have confidence in their partner, knowing their back is covered.

So, Cueller and Martin, two games, two clean sheets and looking solid, I suspect this will not be changed unless other forces come into play?[/quote]Absolutely no reason to change anything in the back four right now, about time we had some stability, which I think Ruddy will benefit from too.

I thought it was his best game too, kept Holt well under control. The only one who worries me in the back line is Whittaker, I''m still not convinced by him though seems harsh to have a little moan when we''ve won

That back four has enough to be a very solid unit in the Championship IMO. It''s great to see the confidence coming back into Ruddy''s performances, would be silly to change anything when it''s working.

Agree about not being convinced by Whittaker- thought he was really poor in the first half, gave the ball away consistently and played us into trouble. Huddersfield looked dangerous when Wells got into the channels and got at him- was quite surprised they took him off. I''d like to see us bring a right back in in January.

"Agree about not being convinced by Whittaker- ...

...I''d like to see us bring a right back in in January. "

Time to poach Sam Byram from Leeds?