Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

Norwich City 5-0 Huddersfield - My Personal Thoughts

Very pleased with Norwich''s 5-0 win against Huddersfield. We have finally won a game at home!!

We showed what a good team we are with the 5 goals we scored against Huddersfield. The first half we were poor - but hey we kept a clean sheet - which is better than going into half time losing.

Johnson wasn''t great the first half - he had a shot blocked and a shot go well over the bar. But the second half Johnson was brilliant. He scored two good goals.

I will admit I have been critical of Johnson - because sometimes he gives the ball away and whenever he shoots from long range - he normally misses the target.

But he proved me wrong - he showed us all that he can score goals. That is what Norwich fans want to see midfielders doing - scoring goals. Hooper did well setting up Johnson for his first goal.

Hooper has been fantastic since he came in to the team - he causes teams problems with his ability to create chances and score goals. Last week he set up Howson to score, and today he set up Johnson and Jerome. I have been impressed with his performances. Hooper now has 3 assists and 2 goals!!

I am pleased Redmond got a goal today. He scored a great header and it was good cross provided by Olsson. That was Olsson''s first assist of the season. Redmond did well when he came on.

He has been criticised because he doesn''t score enough goals. I just hope now he will start scoring more goals. But to be fair to him he has got 4 assists and I am sure he will create more goals for the team.

I am very happy Grabban scored. He needed a goal for his confidence. I know he has been criticised by some Norwich fans. Someone said to me the goals he scored were lucky. There was nothing lucky about the goal he scored yesterday. He has now scored 7 goals. Let''s hope he scores more goals!!

It was a good strike. Hoolahan picked him out with a great through ball. It''s great Hoolahan is back from injury. He will hurt Championship defences with his ability to create chances.

All of our defenders had a good game. Cuellar kept Holt quiet - made sure he didn''t score.

Norwich are now up to 7th place in the Championship on 33 pts. We are only 2 pts behind Watford (6th) and we are only 5 pts behind 1p5w1ch who are (4th) on 38 pts.

We are only 6 pts behind Bournemouth (1st) on 39 pts and Middlesbrough (2nd) on 39 pts. If Norwich keep winning they will close the gap on the top two teams.

I am sure Norwich can go up to Derby at Pride Park and beat them. Derby are a tough side and have been doing well. But if Norwich play as well as they did in the second half against Huddersfield they will be more than a match for Derby. We have seen what Norwich are capable of - let''s hope they can continue to reproduce that kind of football and win more games.