Sign in to follow this  
pete

Ruddy to iLiverpool

[quote user="Paul101"]it did read weird

the name of the person who knows his dad

not that its important

just watched the goals on sunday interview not a bad interview[/quote]Ah right lol!Yeah I watched that, it was a really good interview, might be the first one I remember seeing him do?

The thing is, with the Mignolet apparent unrest there could be a bit more to this than idle paper transfer gossip. Irrespective of where you come from, the lure of a good deal with a major force in the EPL is IMO always going to be attractive, especially at his age as he comes into the best years as a keeper. Besides, he knows the area thanks to his time with Everton.

Hope he stays but also after the last couple of weeks wouldn''t be surprised to see him go.

Ron Manager wrote the following post at 15/12/2014 10:28 PM:

"...Hope he stays but also after the last couple of weeks wouldn''t be surprised to see him go..."

What do you mean? In the last couple of weeks he has kept two clean sheets.

No Jo, meant the abuse and subsequent twitter fracas as a reason for him going. Thought he''s been awesome since Reading!

If he was allowed to leave what do people think would be a realistic fee for him as goalies never command such big fees do they?

I really don''t want to see him go at any price. I realise that''s not an option if the right bid comes along everyone will have a price so for me it would have to be in excess of £12m

papers today reckon around £8m

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/415479/Liverpool-set-replace-under-fire-Simon-Mignolet-Norwich-keeper-John-Ruddy

I''d be sad to see him go and we would be weaker for it but it''s a massive opportunity for him. We have 2 perfectly capable keepers waiting for their chance as well.

The money will mostly be banked whatever the fee. Perhaps we will get a decent centre half out of it? Anyone worth robbing from Blackburn?

If there is any truth to this, I would wish him well, he has been loyal to the club and deserves to play at the top level.

If it was Palace though, well they can jog on.

8 million is a phenomenal amount for a goalie...

Declan Rudd and even Mark Bunn are good enough for this level.. should we go up then we worry about it.

I wouldn''t begrudge Ruddy a move.

We would be stupid to turn down 8m for him. Fantastic keeper and has been a great servant to the club but he could easily be replaced in this league.

It would be a fantastic opportunity for Ruddy as he''ll be pretty much guaranteed number 1 at Liverpool and lets not forget a section of our idiotic fans have been giving him abuse recently

What are people basing their view that Bunn is good enought on?  when he had ha stint in the prem whilst Ruddy was injured he was useless and came in for a lot of stick.   hes too short to be decent even at champ level

Hopefully this "Daily mail" rumour is now dead, Ruddy is a big part of our team and will be there for us next season in the prem.☺️