Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Chris Martin

Hucks6 that was not me being a knob it was me saying I had posted the same thing on the derby chelsea thread at time you started this one so I would say more like great minds think a like. But you wont see it like that I am sure.

Come on Hucks you know the rules. You have to trawl through every posting from the last 6 months to check your not duplicating information. made up forum etiquette has to be obeyed at all times or public self righteous flogging will be dished out by the forum Illuminati.

[quote user="jedi"]Come on Hucks you know the rules. You have to trawl through every posting from the last 6 months to check your not duplicating information. made up forum etiquette has to be obeyed at all times or public self righteous flogging will be dished out by the forum Illuminati.[/quote]

I think you''ll find that someone has already posted that warning.

Its a big game for Neil, we can''t sit deep, we have to pressure them and try and get their GK and defence to hit long balls up to Martin, it worked in their last championship game because their defenders aren''t that good and as we know Martin isn''t a Target Man; their midfield however is very good technically for a championship side. I think if we try to counter them, it could be a dangerous way to play.

I agree Miggins I think if we stick with the same starting line up as the last 2 games it will be a big mistake because it gives them very little to worry about defensively meaning they will be able to push up the pitch. We need to play Redmond and carry an attacking threat. Same team as in the 2nd half on Saturday for me.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I agree Miggins I think if we stick with the same starting line up as the last 2 games it will be a big mistake because it gives them very little to worry about defensively meaning they will be able to push up the pitch. We need to play Redmond and carry an attacking threat. Same team as in the 2nd half on Saturday for me.[/quote]4-4-2 away to Derby?Sorry, for me, no. We would be ripped apart, we aren''t far enough along in our mini recovery to get away with that, I don''t think.If you want to accommodate Redmond then you''re going to have to drop a striker and play a 4-5-1.Which, more than likely, would mean dropping Hooper.

I think the only way we''ll be ripped apart is if we don''t pressure the ball, we can''t let Derby dictate the game, it worked really well for Boro because they essentially had 3 strikers, Adomah pushing up from right midfield to accompany their strikers in closing down defenders so that their midfield pushed right up. However, if Leon Best plays then that all goes out the window as we don''t want long balls going up to him.

Personally don''t think we can play like we did at Wigan and just let them have the ball and hoof it down the channels for the strikers to run onto, we have to be better than that. This is the most important game of the season so far and it will be interesting to see how Neil Adams plays it. Like Clough said; ''it not the way you play, but how you do it.''

The team need to be up for this one, a heavy defeat like the one at Middlesborough then times up for Neil imo. So he has to get the team right not just tactically, but mentally. If we win, then it will prove the last 10 games are just a blip and we can begin to press on. .

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think the only way we''ll be ripped apart is if we don''t pressure the ball, we can''t let Derby dictate the game, it worked really well for Boro because they essentially had 3 strikers, Adomah pushing up from right midfield to accompany their strikers in closing down defenders so that their midfield pushed right up. However, if Leon Best plays then that all goes out the window as we don''t want long balls going up to him.

Personally don''t think we can play like we did at Wigan and just let them have the ball and hoof it down the channels for the strikers to run onto, we have to be better than that. This is the most important game of the season so far and it will be interesting to see how Neil Adams plays it. Like Clough said; ''it not the way you play, but how you do it.''

The team need to be up for this one, a heavy defeat like the one at Middlesborough then times up for Neil imo. So he has to get the team right not just tactically, but mentally. If we win, then it will prove the last 10 games are just a blip and we can begin to press on. .[/quote]Quite often though its not about pure possession though. If a team dominates midfield sometimes its better to let them have the possession, but on your terms, and in areas that can''t hurt you.So I agree about your point re pressuring the ball, but it has to be in a very controlled way, pressure too much and we''ll be picked off.Like you say, Neil has some work to do on this one, and it will be a very good measure of just how close we are to getting back to our best.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how we set up, I''m sure Derby will be looking for the points as well seeing as though they are at home and have lost their last 2 games. Does anyone know if Ryan Shotton out?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Yeah it will be interesting to see how we set up, I''m sure Derby will be looking for the points as well seeing as though they are at home and have lost their last 2 games. Does anyone know if Ryan Shotton out?[/quote]Shotton is back after a one game ban, Buxton is banned for his red last night, Chris Martin plays.

Thats a shame, if Shotton wasn''t playing it would be very tempting to punt it up to Jerome, I guess we could still do that as Keogh isn''t anything special

Shame that Chris is playing but then again how many ex strikers have scored against us these past few seasons ? Someone will know the answer !