Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Bunn or Rudd to Newcastle on loan?

Might be daft but I feel we''d benefit from sending particularly Mark Bunn off to Newcastle for a month or so emergency loan.

They are in crisis and we have too many Keepers. Bunn has plenty of vital premiership experience including a decent game against Newcastle as far as I can remember. Perhaps he could get some valuable game time in and we could do the toon a favour? They have a few handy youngsters they could lend us in return...

Would the fact that neither are really Premiership quality keepers maybe not get in the way?

Bunn didn''t do bad for us. They hardly have the pick of the bunch to choose from anyway, hence the emergency loan. I bet there aren''t many better keepers around and available than Bunn.

I thought Newcastle were turned down in their quest for an emergency loan, despite their massive injury list.

Courtois injured therefore Schwarzer as an option extremely unlikely. More likely would be Freidel if still at Spurs haven''t heard otherwise.

The fans want Given.

I think they should be allowed a keeper, the whole Darlow thing was neccessary so Forest would agree a deal. The fact is that they have their three most senior keepers injured. That is unprecedented really. Yes you name your squad etc but it''s such a specilised position imagine we had all our strikers out. Someone like Redmond could at least do something of a job up top.

Perhaps the league could compromise and say they can only loan from championship downwards or something.

[quote user="morty"]Would the fact that neither are really Premiership quality keepers maybe not get in the way?[/quote]No team in their right mind though will be loaning out their first or second choice keepers, particularly at this stage of the season, so Newcastle (if they are allowed) are pretty much restricted to various third choice keepers. And how many teams have a third choice keeper like Mark Bunn, who was played at pretty much every level in the Premier and Football League? Most teams, particularly below the Premier League, barely even have a third choice keeper with any sort of experience, let alone someone like Bunn. Yes, he''s hardly Gordon Banks, but I''m sure Newcastle wouldn''t turn their noses up at someone like that.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I thought Bunn was injured at the moment ?[/quote]He played in the U21 game last night.I think his first match back from injury.