Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Is Odjidja-Ofoe Flemish for Sick-Note?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Hasn''t he only played like one game before he unfortunately got injured...yet now people want to sell him?[/quote]

Yep he played for part of the game in the League Cup defeat at Shrewsbury and got subbed when injured at Sheffield Wednesday. He was signed with a dodgy injury record and with half the season nearly gone the rumoured 5 odd million spent on him looks like a poor buy.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Hasn''t he only played like one game before he unfortunately got injured...yet now people want to sell him?[/quote]

Yep he played for part of the game in the League Cup defeat at Shrewsbury and got subbed when injured at Sheffield Wednesday. He was signed with a dodgy injury record and with half the season nearly gone the rumoured 5 odd million spent on him looks like a poor buy.

[/quote]

Scary isn''t it. Add that to the 6 million spent on lafferty and Grabban. Easy said in hindsight, but looks very poor business by Adams.

Can''t we apply the Fox principal here, where the less you see of a player, the better he is?

Fox finished 3rd in the player of the season voting in our first season back in the Premier League as well as being a vital player in the previous promotion season. People weren''t just imagining he was good.

[quote user="STAN"]Fox finished 3rd in the player of the season voting in our first season back in the Premier League as well as being a vital player in the previous promotion season. People weren''t just imagining he was good.[/quote]Yes he was good then. Just not two seasons after.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Just wondering, don''t speak the language you see.

[/quote]Flemish isn’t really a language, but rather a group

of dialects spoken in the West of Belgium.However, the Dutch for "sick-note" is:"Ziekmelding", which is nothing like "Odjidja-Ofoe".What an odd question to ask on a football forum.

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Just wondering, don''t speak the language you see.

[/quote]Flemish isn’t really a language, but rather a group

of dialects spoken in the West of Belgium.However, the Dutch for "sick-note" is:"Ziekmelding", which is nothing like "Odjidja-Ofoe".What an odd question to ask on a football forum.

[/quote]

Flemish or Belgian Dutch (Belgisch-Nederlands , or Vlaams) is the Dutch language as spoken in Flanders, the northern part of Belgium be it standard (as used in schools, government and the media) or informal (as used in daily speech,"tussentaal" There are four principal Dutch dialects in Flanders: Brabantian, East Flemish, West Flemish, and Limburgish. The latter two are sometimes considered separate languages.

Linguistically, ''Flemish'' is sometimes used as a term for the language of the former County of Flanders especially West Flemish.]

However, as a result of political emancipation of the Dutch-speaking

part of Belgium, the combined culture of that region (which consists of West Flanders, East Flanders, Flemish Brabant, Antwerp, Limburg and Brussels) has come to be known as ''Flemish'' and so sometimes are the four dialects or the common intermediate language.Despite the name, Brabantian and in particular its Antwerp dialect is the dominant contributor to the Flemish tussentaal. Using it for the official language in Flanders is misleading: the only official language in Flanders is standard Dutch.

In fact Flemish is considered neither a full language nor a dialect, but rather sociolect. I''ll give you 5/10 for effort though.

Well done for copying and pasting that from Wikipedia. You should be proud of your achievement.

[quote user="Ian"]Well done for copying and pasting that from Wikipedia. You should be proud of your achievement.[/quote]I did?! You should also be proud of powers of discerning the obvious. That is seeing as how I was so desperate to mask the fact that I had copied and pasted it from Wikipedia I left links to Wikipedia in the post. If I don''t include a list of references with every post I make from now on will the Pink ''un Posting Police come and get me?