Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Neil Lennon

what the fUck is the point of this thread? Don''t you think we know with a proper manager we would be higher up the table, never mind Neil Lennon who''s only managed a team that is guaranteed to win the league. Stop f*cking moaning before we play a game.

Interestingly, at the start of the match thread of our 2-1 win against Bolton, Highland Canary, who is anti-Adams and pro-Lennon, said this:On paper, boltons starting 11 looks very strong!

Will be tough this.Leaving aside the fact that an Adams-managed team beat that very strong-looking side, what that would suggest is that until Lennon took over Bolton had been seriously underperforming, and that all Lennon has done, which is not to be sniffed at, is to get them to perform at a level a bit closer to their ability. A judgment on whether Lennon is doing any better than any half-decent manager would have done under the same circumstances will have to wait.

@ Purple the words you quote were those of Lincoln, I do not disagree with their sentiment but tend to somewhat more circumspect with the grammar.

Anyway, it''s somewhat chilly here at the iPro. Will report later...

[quote user="Highland Canary"]@ Purple the words you quote were those of Lincoln, I do not disagree with their sentiment but tend to somewhat more circumspect with the grammar.

Anyway, it''s somewhat chilly here at the iPro. Will report later...[/quote]Aaarghh! That is embarrassing.[:$] Apologies. But as you say, you would generally disagree. So my point remains, that if a strong Bolton squad had been seriously underperforming before Lennon took over then his record with them so far needs to be seen in that context.

Yeah Lennon for me was the obvious choice but was in contention last season but not in the summer. Been told this week that Malky was in line but wanted far too much money, quite glad about that to be honest.