Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Harry Kane

How has this young lad who looked like he couldn''t hit a barn door from ten paces or even strike a football with any venom when on loan with us, suddenly turned into one of the best strikers in the Premier League?

I said when he was here that it looked like he had something about him but probably just needed a decent run of games.

A lot of people judged him on his failure to take that decent (but not a sitter) chance against West Ham.

To be fair he wasn''t anywhere near the player then, that he is now. He has progressed a huge amount over the last 12 months.

We didn''t see that much of him really before his injury, I think he was 19? when he came, players can progress very rapidly when they are that sort of age, he is a much better and more confident player now.

The same was true of Kieran Gibbs of Arsenal. I cannot see the point in developing youngsters for other clubs who are not yet really ready to contribute at the level we are playing at the time. Better to develop our own.

He looked cráp for us for the most part, but he does look the part now. I can''t say I''m not surprised - I couldn''t believe he was in and around the Spurs squad at first, but he''s been given an opportunity and firmly grabbed it. He''ll probably be a regular in the England squad this time next year if he carries this form on.

He''s hit a purple patch after breaking into the first team of the team he supports. But, dare i say it, he''ll be fully ensconced in the Championship within 3 years. That''s his level.Now watch him turn into the next Romario...