Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Good performance

Yeah thought we were really good in possession. Plenty of movement off the ball to give options. Just need to cut out those defensive errors.

Was most impressed that we can effectively turn it on when needed. Played containing football for the majority of the first half and other than their goal (great work by Martin) it worked.

2nd half needed to be on the front foot and were so from the off. Looked the more threatening team by far and am slightly disappointed with only a draw. Most would take a draw before the game so shows how well we played.

Passing was sharper, the team looked more in sync, everyone knew what they were doing and the confidence is back among the players. Great to have players like Redmond and Hoolahan that can come on though we weren''t reliant on them to create and as had shown the starting 11 were more than capable of creating.

Looking good for the second half of the season and no reason we won''t be challenging at the top come the end of the season.

Thought it was a great result for us today, away against a top team. We had a plan, stuck to it and it paid dividends, confident we''ve turned a corner now, well done Adams and Phelan.

Couldn''t believe that Whittaker scored, nearly fainted lol, well done the lads.

Special mention for the away fans, we could hear you loud and clearly and you made us proud.

Bring on the Millwall

Happy Xmas Everyone

Clearly the better side by a country mile and made Derby look very average.Still getting very little luck with the pens.  I thought Cuellar was very unfortunate and was going to clear the ball before Martin came in from behind. There was clearly no intent so shouldn''t have been a pen. At the other end Hooper was pushed over and then the defender handled. It''s not going our way on those decisions.

Good summary too by the Sky guys, highlighting a very good performance and agreed 100% with the team selection and the substites timing. Pity abouit Cuellar''s tackle for the penalty, probably a bit unlucky as he was only focussed on clearing the ball - guess it was good play by Martin. I like the setup at the back now, and think we should stick with it.

Cracking performance today. Deserved and should have taken 3 points. Need to go on a 4 or 5 game winning run now to put ourselves back in the automatic mix.

Ricardo that was as clearly a penalty! Intent or not Martin got there first and got wiped out.

It shows how far we''ve fallen when fans cheer a stodgy Hughton-like performance where we lacked invention and constantly gave the ball away.

Echo all this. We look a well organised team now. The body language of the players is encouraging. Lots of chat going on also the movement and keeping shape is very impressive. Well done Adams and Phelan, of course, who has made a difference.

We need some luck but top six minimum I hope.

Bearing in mind Derby are highly rated in this division, they were very very average. We certainly controlled most of the match by packing our midfield but there was an awful amount of short possession balls to players who were tightly marked. Our side had better players in most positions but there was not a great deal of quality, but of the two sides we deserved to win. We looked fairly comfortable in defence and I personally thought the penalty was harsh in that our defender just went to play the ball, but Chris Martin got in front of him and was tripped by the follow thro.I suppose credit to obtain a point but I felt the likes of Howson, Hooper, Tettey and Johnson produced nowhere what they are capable of. I accept this was partly due to Derby''s tactics which mirrored us i.e. kept it very tight with little ambition.

[quote user="tenpenny"]It shows how far we''ve fallen when fans cheer a stodgy Hughton-like performance where we lacked invention and constantly gave the ball away.
[/quote]

I think you''re on the wrong forum, jog on please.

Good tactics displayed today and could easily have won the game. The players are looking more confident in what they are being asked to do and it reflects in their performances.

The great thing for me is that we can go away to Derby and come away with a point from a game which we should have won, and there is so much more improvement to come from the side.

I think with growing confidence we are going to see an excellent run of results and a steady move up the table.

Well done.

oh dearoh dearie dear meMartin was not ''wiped out'' as you so stupidly bleatHe was barely moving, nor was Cuella - that is NOT a wipe outhe chose to fall

ps I suggest you get an adult to help you post (or even think) when you are on here

To all those saying it wasn''t a penalty when it clearly was, if the foul had been in the Derby box on Hooper you would not have expected us to be given a penalty then?

[quote user="JF"]Ricardo that was as clearly a penalty! Intent or not Martin got there first and got wiped out.[/quote]I can see why it was given but there was clearly no attempt to tackle or foul. Martin got his foot across as the ball was being cleared and Cuellar didn''t know he was there. At there other end Hooper is quite clearly pushed then an inadvertant handball. The ref would probably have given that to a home team.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]To all those saying it wasn''t a penalty when it clearly was, if the foul had been in the Derby box on Hooper you would not have expected us to be given a penalty then?[/quote]The ref had a clear opprtunity to give us a pen but didn''t so the answer to your question is, no.

I don''t know how, even as a norwich fan, or manager for that matter, anyone can say their''s shouldn''t have been a pen. Although there''s no intent to foul C Martin, Cuellar kicks him and wipes him out, yes he stood in front of him to get kicked to get the ball first, but it''s still an obvious pen all day long, unfortunately.

[quote user="Rivvo"]

[quote user="tenpenny"]It shows how far we''ve fallen when fans cheer a stodgy Hughton-like performance where we lacked invention and constantly gave the ball away.[/quote]

[/quote]If you''re pleased by that performance then you''re probably supporting the wrong club. At the very best we were misfiring and lucky to draw the game. The football could have been far, far better.

[quote user="tenpenny"][quote user="Rivvo"]

[quote user="tenpenny"]It shows how far we''ve fallen when fans cheer a stodgy Hughton-like performance where we lacked invention and constantly gave the ball away.
[/quote]

[/quote]
If you''re pleased by that performance then you''re probably supporting the wrong club. At the very best we were misfiring and lucky to draw the game. The football could have been far, far better.
[/quote]

I am pleased by a solid away performance against one of last seasons best teams in the Championship, admittedly they''ve not been on a good run lately the same as us, but I suggest a few weeks ago we''d have lost that game convincingly.

If you think the performances under Hughton are the lowest yardstick to measure our current performances against (as you allude to in your pithy comment) then I''d suggest that you haven''t been supporting ''our'' team for very long at all. I am pleased as the performances and the confidence appear to be growing in recent weeks, perhaps you''re not pleased for the same reasons?

Really good game and thought we looked infinitely better.

Set up right, balanced, more composed and on another day we''d have come back with three points.

Can''t really complain about the decisions, the one I''d like to see again was Olson getting his heels clipped in the second half, a whiff of penalty?

[quote user="Bury Green"]Really good game and thought we looked infinitely better.

Set up right, balanced, more composed and on another day we''d have come back with three points.

Can''t really complain about the decisions, the one I''d like to see again was Olson getting his heels clipped in the second half, a whiff of penalty?[/quote] Definitely a pen,sad too say but he should ave gone down ,stayed on his feet and for that reason he didn''t get the decision