Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Hereford Utd

Need reminding what following our clubs, as true fans, really mean? Just listen to the audio within the below link. Poor chap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-30542821

Festive Canary wrote the following post at 20/12/2014 6:27 AM:

And the connection to NCFC?

And your connection to NCFC?

I moved to Hereford for my last couple of years at school and watched them quite a lot - including the famous cup run, Ronnie Raford et al.

The guy who owned the club until earlier this year was a contemporary, only really knew him from the cricket team. He was decent player, think he got to minor county level.

Not sure what went wrong for him once he acquired the club except presumably he hadn''t got an endless supply of money.

Like most clubs in their position they seem to have failed to hand over tax and national insurance their employees are obliged to pay HMRC - that''s always the route to disaster (and rightly so).

Very sorry they''ve gone, but dare say they''ll find a way back, as others have done. I''m surprised it doesn''t happen to far more non-league clubs, especially those with league standard grounds but relatively low support.

Shouldn''t be allowed to happen this day and age.

Just shows the FA are a weak organisation and only interested in Wembley and England and trying to portray themselves as being in control by handing out a meaningless ban to Balotelli.

[quote user="Festive Canary"]And the connection to NCFC?[/quote]

They are/were a football club. NCFC is a football club. This is a forum for NCFC, a football club. Therefore it is quite clearly and logically connected. The forum doesn''t say exclusive NCFC chat with no mention of any other football team unless we happen to be playing them that day.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Festive Canary wrote the following post at 20/12/2014 6:27 AM: And the connection to NCFC? And your connection to NCFC?[/quote]

The only thing he should be connected to Winky is the electricity supply.

Some reassuring good comments against the negative ones!

I have no association to Hereford Utd whatsoever, but as a football fan of my local team, I fully appreciate the positive community aspect that our football club plays. It brings many of us together in a way that nothing else remotely does, whether you are earning £1m a year of scraping by day to day - we all mix together as one whenever our team plays

Whether that brings together 500 or 50,000 is immaterial, it plays that same part in our communities when you take a step back. We all have busy lives, but regardless of other things we may have on our minds, football is always there for us to enjoy (and yes, the downs makes the ups even MORE enjoyable!).

I wish good luck to Hereford starting again from scratch - if there is one positive, it will ensure that the community will be even stronger as a result, once that new team is up and running. Just look at AFC Wimbledon, Chester FC and even Kings Lynn.

Otbc