Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

A Season Of Historic Glory

I can see it now....the name of Norwich City gets reported upon and ingrained into every individuals memory bank around the globe. The newspaper headlines in every language under the sun blaze forth with:

"Norwich City, a wannabee great but, in reality,  a backwoods football club in a reclusive part of England, made football history this season by drawing all 46 league games in their regular season with a score of 1-1 in every game. It was even necessary for the club to withdraw from the country''s once prestigious FA Cup tournament because competing in it would have ultimately required a result other than a draw, and other competing teams were not prepared to wait it out. When interviewed and asked to comment on this amazing record their Irish Manager, Nigel Worthington, responded with a toothy grin saying, "It''s an unbelievable achievement. We have hundreds of sponsors wanting to sign agreements with us. Our first win is just around the corner now. It''s game on".

P.S.  Unfortunately, with their 46 point total, Norwich were relegated to the lower division and the sponsors disappeared as quickly as they had arrived.

[quote]Its tongue in cheek and quite funny Dicky, lighten up mate.[/quote]

Yeah, dead funny to take every opportunity to slag off our (my?) team.  Leave that to the Scummers eh?  Nothing at all constructive about the post.

[quote]I can see it now....the name of Norwich City gets reported upon and ingrained into every individuals memory bank around the globe. The newspaper headlines in every language under the sun blaze forth w...[/quote]

Very good Yankee Canary