Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Suggestions on how we can achieve promotion& what we need in the transfer window ?

Just got back from Derby

Superb team effort but lacking pace on the right side for 60 mins, plus final pass poor till changes made

Adams needs to consider the following if we are to get back into the top 6

If he is going to continue with the 1st half defensive midfield set up he needs a right back with pace - it works on the left because Olsen is quick and overlaps. On the right Whitaker is far too slow - no end product on this side

We need a formation where Hooly & Redmond can both start and we are not open in midfield -From his substitutions today I assume this means that we only need 1 up top if they both play

Players in

Central defensive midfield & Right Back with pace, possible Left Wing

Players Out

1 x Forward - dont need 4 - why did we buy Lafferty ?

Bassong - but not to a team in top 6

Retain

If the board are to be trusted - no need to sell any 1st team regulars this season

[quote user="Newton"]Just got back from Derby

Superb team effort but lacking pace on the right side for 60 mins, plus final pass poor till changes made

If he is going to continue with the 1st half defensive midfield set up he needs a right back with pace - it works on the left because Olsen is quick and overlaps. On the right Whitaker is far too slow - no end product on this side

We need a formation where Hooly & Redmond can both start and we are not open in midfield -From his substitutions today I assume this means that we only need 1 up top if they both play

Players in

Players Out

Retain

If the board are to be trusted - no need to sell any 1st team regulars this season[/quote]
Re Hooly and Redmond, can I assume you would drop Hooper, and just play Jerome on his own? I doubt he would be too happy being a bit part player.
And the trouble is that a midfield with Hoolahan and Redmond in, just isnt going to be as solid as we need it to be.
Having a one sided attack can work okay, as in our Huckerby days.

You were advocating we get rid of Ruddy a couple of days ago. What''s with the drastic change of heart?

[quote user="Newton"]Just got back from Derby

Players in

Players Out

Retain

If the board are to be trusted - no need to sell any 1st team regulars this season[/quote]

[quote user="Newton"]

Sell Ruddy for £10M in Jan

Replace with Bunn brill shot stopper (already on books & now fit)

Keep Redmond - invest the £10M in a promotion push - we need quality in midfield - not just stoppers

Yes or No

a Big YES for me

[/quote]

Whittaker helped make one of our goals and scored the other one. "No end product".

In all seriousness, we need to cut out the stupid defending and we''re just about where we need to be I think.

"final pass poor till changes made"Nothing wrong with the final ball from which we scored the first goal which was before any changes were made"Whitaker is far too slow - no end product on this side"Well he was quick enough to score a goal & in my book that counts as end product

We definitely need a quality left sided midfielder with some pace.A new right back would be good too. What about young Byram at Leeds? We haven''t pissed their fans off for a while. [:D]

City 1st another match where we were well on top but did not win

Ruddy had nothing to do today - if we need cash to invest on strengthening the team

Yes sell Ruddy if we can get £10M and invest elsewhere in the squad to secure a top 6 finish

Splutcho you need to get out of your armchair and watch a livew game

Whitaker has no pace and Howson spent most of the first half covering him

Yes he did score the winner but Whitaker a liability and needs to be replaced asap

Yawn. Didn''t see that one coming. You asked for suggestions, does that mean you just want people to agree with you?

To get promotion we just need to play how we did today but cut out the silly mistakes at the back. Pleased for Whittaker today that he scored but for me he''s still our weak link so would still like another right back in the window if we''re going to persist playing Russ at the back.

Adams & Phelan could be the partnership to success, 3 games and 7 pts, good start for them

"[quote user="Newton"]Splutcho you need to get out of your armchair and watch a livew game

Yes he did score the winner but Whitaker a liability and needs to be replaced asap[/quote]"

[quote user="Newton"]City 1st another match where we were well on top but did not win

Ruddy had nothing to do today - if we need cash to invest on strengthening the team

Yes sell Ruddy if we can get £10M and invest elsewhere in the squad to secure a top 6 finish[/quote]

In regards to January, we are desperate for a Left Midfielder. Our defence is unsettled, I think hopefully we can all agree that our best defence is: Martin Turner Bennett Olsson. With a left midfielder we can balance the team up, it was criminal to let Pilks go and not replace him. Obviously the best thing to do is to get another manager in, but I can''t see that happening after we seem to be hitting a bit of form, it will be interesting to see if we can keep it up.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Olsson

Redmond Howson Tettey NewLM

Jerome Hooper

is a championship winning team.

Our team looks like its just getting back into its stride so its a case of wait and see, we don''t need many players, just a bit of balance, we let Bennet go out on loan which was a terrible decision imo, not because he''s that great, but because he can give us that balance.

Having seen the way Benno is playing letting him out was the best thing we ever did, and we don''t need a manager by the way, give it up.

[quote user="Newton"]Splutcho you need to get out of your armchair and watch a livew game

Yes he did score the winner but Whitaker a liability and needs to be replaced asap[/quote]you are a serial fantasistyou don''t appear to even know the score, despite supposedly going to the gameyou tell us the club needs to sell Ruddy - then they don''t have to sell anyoneyou come across as a kind of wiz with a good few less brain cells (if that is possible)and undoubtedly you are switching sites and login names (as does he) so much that you forget what you have earlier saida sad case, indeed

[quote user="mrs miggins"]we let Bennet go out on loan which was a terrible decision imo, not because he''s that great, but because he can give us that balance.[/quote]And yet strangely he doesn''t get into your team either - unless it''s him at CB [;)]

City 1st & Morty u are both fantastic

Never watched a live game or have any constructive comments - just play on words fantastic - what would we do with out armchair critics like u 2 on thids board

Take my word please, Whitaker was our weak link today and Adams knows he cant start with 2 up top and Hooly & Redmond on the pitch (last resort tactics only) - just look at the substitutions today

Mortys comments re Hooper does not like being a sub -r priceless - since when have players dictated who plays - yes in Morty world they do

And yes this is another game that we were well on top and did not win - not my comments but Neil Adams,s (live on Sky - watched the recording when i got back)

We need to invest in the right areas with quality - if the board wont cough up the funds I put forward selling Ruddy as an option to raise the cash

City 1st & Morty what r your suggestions - if u have any ?

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 20/12/2014 9:22 PM:

"...we let Bennet go out on loan which was a terrible decision imo, not because he''s that great, but because he can give us that balance."

We let him go out on loan because he''s a Right Winger and we already have a very good Right Winger and if we play two Right Wingers then we will be very unbalanced.

Never watched a live game? Just lol.
Are you just getting the arse because you wanted people to agree with you?

Jenkins wrote the following post at 20/12/2014 9:25 PM:

we don''t need a manager by the way, give it up.

-------------------------

Have you changed your mind again? A couple of weeks ago you wanted him out. I do think after this result he won''t be going anywhere after the last 3 games, hopefully he''s turned a corner, it seems phelan has also had a positive influence as well which is good.

Joanna Grey wrote the following post at 20/12/2014 10:17 PM:

We let him go out on loan because he''s a Right Winger and we already have a very good Right Winger and if we play two Right Wingers then we will be very unbalanced.

-------------------------------------------

Well put redmond on the left as it gives us more security defensively when you play an inverted winger, then play Bennet on the right. However, I doubt he would actually play that much because he didn''t start the season very well here (and has been inconsistent at Brighton, having one good game after a really poor one). Playing an inverted winger doesn''t unbalance the squad, especially considering some of the ways in which Neil has played this season. I think it was a mistake letting him go because I think he''s he good squad player to have in this league. At the moment we have two wingers; Redmond and Murphy who''s 18 or 19 years old.

And I shall expand Newton, because your petulant little outburst has annoyed me.
You posted an opinion, i replied, with a perfectly polite post, stating my own opinion, why is this an issue for you?
If I would be allowed to express further opinion, I agree with Splutcho, if we cut out the stupid defensive mistakes then we wouldnt be far away.
Is that okay with you?

[quote user="Newton"]City 1st & Morty u are both fantastic

Never watched a live game or have any constructive comments - just play on words fantastic - what would we do with out armchair critics like u 2 on thids board

Take my word please, Whitaker was our weak link today and Adams knows he cant start with 2 up top and Hooly & Redmond on the pitch (last resort tactics only) - just look at the substitutions today

Mortys comments re Hooper does not like being a sub -r priceless - since when have players dictated who plays - yes in Morty world they do

And yes this is another game that we were well on top and did not win - not my comments but Neil Adams,s (live on Sky - watched the recording when i got back)

We need to invest in the right areas with quality - if the board wont cough up the funds I put forward selling Ruddy as an option to raise the cash

City 1st & Morty what r your suggestions - if u have any ?[/quote]there is the thought that this is not some wonderful wind upbut is actually for real

City 1st & Morty

Norwich game highlights on BBC in a min be quick & u will be able to make some more measured assessment on how the match went today

Morty still cant get over Hooper wont like it if the manager decides to play 1 up front & it not him - all time classic comment

City 1st - Whitaker must have played well he scored a goal - yes u right of course

Pair prize prunes

The only thing we need to strengthen is the porous defence, too many times we''ve drawn or lost whilst out playing the opposition and letting in goals on there only attack.  

Morty wrote

Re Hooly and Redmond, can I assume you would drop Hooper, and just play Jerome on his own? I doubt he would be too happy being a bit part player.

This whats gone wrong with the team this season = Morty has inside knowledge that the players decide who plays

Perhaps this explains why we persist with playing Martin at CB and Whitaker who has no pace what so ever at RB

Sell Hooper (though no one will be dumb enough to put a bid in) we already have 4 striker worlds better than him.

Keep Redmond, unless there''s something like a 10 Mill. offer because those aren''t going to come around again.

Buy another CB or 2 so Turner NEVER gets on the field again.

Sell Bassong (though I''d love for him to come back, it''s just not remotely going to happen).

In. Possibly some wing help, maybe another CM (unless Ofoe-Odjija can stay healthy. FB depth would be good too.

I do have to say but from my years of watching live game I find that once I watch the highlights or a fully recorded game

I realise half of what I thought I saw was bollox

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 20/12/2014 10:22 PM:

Jenkins wrote the following post at 20/12/2014 9:25 PM:

we don''t need a manager by the way, give it up.

-------------------------

Have you changed your mind again? A couple of weeks ago you wanted him out. I do think after this result he won''t be going anywhere after the last 3 games, hopefully he''s turned a corner, it seems phelan has also had a positive influence as well which is good.

I did think that there was no way back for him a few weeks ago, as did almost everybody else,but he has turned things around in a way that I hadn''t thought likely and I am delighted for him. I really want to see him succeed, it''s good news that he has shown the qualities required to reverse a bad run of results which IMO is worthy of praise rather than continued digs to see him sacked.