Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Guess who had tickets and assumed it was 3pm kick off today...

I was annoyed when I found out at HT it was on TV as an early kick off via a couple facebook posts. Can''t imagine actually having tickets and being on the way not realising! You must be proper gutted.

Completely gutted morty, can''t believe my own stupidity, a lesson in always check the ko time, never assume...

The hardest part is knowing we played well and missed a last minute goal.

Tough...

I made the same mistake today, albeit without ticket. Sat in from of my computer at usual kick off time (4 pm over here) to search for streams streams, wondering why were we the only side whose game was not on... :)

(As I have got my tickets for against Milwall on Boxing Day, I triple checked: it kicks of at THREE.)

Snap!! I am staying up in Chester working at the moment! I called the Derby box office at 9am to see if I could buy a ticket on the door. Finished my breakfast and made my way over!! I got to the ground and I could hear the crowd! Went onto my sky sports App then seen it was a 12:15 kick off!! so got back in my car and headed off!! Then it dawned on me.... I could of just stayed in my hotel room and watched it on the TV!! Gutted is not the word!!

Ginja, so where were you when you finally realised (I guess at HT)? did you consider a mad dash to the ground at all? could you have caught the final few minutes?

I was just coming round the Nottingham ringroad to pick up my Dad when Five Live said Derby had taken the lead! I couldn''t believe what I was hearing! Dad couldn''t believe it either when I told him what had happened.

Sadly it''s about a 30min drive from where we were, by the time we''d get parked and run to the ground it would have all been over!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]not being funny but isn''t the time on the front of the ticket?[/quote]
It is indeed, in big bold letters saying 12:15, no idea how I missed it, think I was more interested in what row and seat we''d got.

I got the times wrong here too :( but I live here in Florida where the kick off''s for 3 is 10am over here...but I woke up at my usual 7am made myself a cup of tea muddled around...then at 9:40am I went on pinkun for Live Commentary and I see in Headlines on the front page 2-2....not too amused... I always check here too usually ugh :( now trying to search anywhere for highlights

[quote user="Ginja"]I was just coming round the Nottingham ringroad to pick up my Dad when Five Live said Derby had taken the lead! I couldn''t believe what I was hearing! Dad couldn''t believe it either when I told him what had happened.

Sadly it''s about a 30min drive from where we were, by the time we''d get parked and run to the ground it would have all been over![/quote]

It was on TV. What time do TV matches kick of on a Saturday? Certainly not at 3pm. So both you and your dad couldn''t work that out.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Ginja"]I was just coming round the Nottingham ringroad to pick up my Dad when Five Live said Derby had taken the lead! I couldn''t believe what I was hearing! Dad couldn''t believe it either when I told him what had happened.

Sadly it''s about a 30min drive from where we were, by the time we''d get parked and run to the ground it would have all been over![/quote]

It was on TV. What time do TV matches kick of on a Saturday? Certainly not at 3pm. So both you and your dad couldn''t work that out.[/quote]Good point.......but not if you haven''t realised it was on TV.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Ginja"]I was just coming round the Nottingham ringroad to pick up my Dad when Five Live said Derby had taken the lead! I couldn''t believe what I was hearing! Dad couldn''t believe it either when I told him what had happened.

It was on TV. What time do TV matches kick of on a Saturday? Certainly not at 3pm. So both you and your dad couldn''t work that out.[/quote]Good point.......but not if you haven''t realised it was on TV.[/quote]
Exactly what happened Smith, neither of us knew it was on TV hence the assumed 3pm kick off. [:P]
But thank you star_manic for your "contribution" [;)]

Credit to you for being able to post about it. I''d still be punching inanimate objects such as walls. Think Fawlty Towers style tantrum.

[quote user="hogesar"]Credit to you for being able to post about it. I''d still be punching inanimate objects such as walls. Think Fawlty Towers style tantrum.[/quote]
I think that''s why I posted it, for the therapy, the laughter helps take the pain away!
Also speaking of inanimate objects...