Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Ricky

It''s pretty painfully blatantly clear the wrong striker left. Really is a shame, but we''re likely to at least recoup and possibly sell for slightly more.

He will never cut it in England and barring a couple of mega rich clubs League 1 is basically the equivalent of a slower paced, more technical Championship and he''s only scored half of what Jerome has gotten this season.

None of our strikers have played regularly since the start of the season either.

He''s not very good, he''s certainly poorer than Hooper and there''s no point troubling yourself with what might have been. Just be happy every time he scores as it makes it much more likely they''ll sign him but for feck sake none of our fans should be missing him after last year!

You mean last year when he played 12 games less than Gary Hooper and 8 fewer starts? You mean that last year? and had 1/3 of the goals from run of play Hooper did in 12 more games?

Yep, the guy that has scored 5 goals in 11 starts in a league WAY better than the Championship really is worse than the guy who has scored 1 goal in 4 starts (against 3 of the 6 worst teams in the leagues, 1 a MAN DOWN and couldn''t score). Brilliant.

Thing is, if he came back here he''d probably be rubbish again. It just doesn''t click for him here. You need more of a prescence to make a success in England or you need to play for a top side that has 30 chances a game.

[quote user="jaemae2"]It''s pretty painfully blatantly clear the wrong striker left. Really is a shame, but we''re likely to at least recoup and possibly sell for slightly more.[/quote]

Unless the £6m figure (plus £1.25m for this

season) leaked by Norwich City is wrong (or the EDP got its £s and €s

confused) we are asking for £1.25m less than we paid for RvW, so even if

St-Etienne do want to buy him at the end of the season it seems

unlikely we will recoup our money, less alone make a profit. And based

on his record so far I very much doubt that St-Etienne will be willing

to pay anything like another £6m, unless - possibly - they qualify for

the Champions League.

jaemae2 wrote the following post at 21/12/2014 5:52 PM:

There there... It will be OK sport... :tussles hair:

Would you like to tell us why you were banned last time?

Yes, the "possibly more" was pretty optimistic. If they sell for less than that 6 mill. pounds and Wolfswinkel scores at least 13 goals for them (which looks more than likely) then that''s just poor negotiating. If he scores like 8 or 9 then will prob. be a loss.

I partially agree he''d have less success in a league like the PL if he were to stay here. Don''t know what he''d do in the Championship but by evidence he''s well a better player than Hooper. To say otherwise is pretty daft.

[quote user="Jenkins"]jaemae2 wrote the following post at 21/12/2014 5:52 PM:

There there... It will be OK sport... :tussles hair:

Would you like to tell us why you were banned last time?[/quote]

Because someone decided to ban me?

You mean the last 3 games where he failed to score against 2 of the 6 worst teams in the league, one of them being down their best defender? The one where he got 2 assists against a team with 1 less player? Nope didn''t watch. Or the one where HE DIDN''T GET A SHOT OFF ALL GAME against a team that may be worse than Blackpool?

Nor did I watch this last one where he looked completely impotent in all aspects of the game...

Maybe you should have watched them then. How can you have such a strong opinion of someone if you didn''t see them play?

[quote user="jaemae2"]Right, because it''s been impossible for me to see any Norwich game this year...[/quote]Glad we cleared this up[Y]

Absolutely. It''s not a surprise folks like you think Hooper''s played well. I''m sure 1 goal in 4 games is "scoring for fun" for you guys too.

It''s likely all the mfs fault and all the lack of service people like Grabban and Jerome have suffered from...

[quote user="jaemae2"]Absolutely. It''s not a surprise folks like you think Hooper''s played well. I''m sure 1 goal in 4 games is "scoring for fun" for you guys too.[/quote]We should get to the bottom of this. Who said he would be scoring for fun? Who has riled you so much about this?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jaemae2"]Absolutely. It''s not a surprise folks like you think Hooper''s played well. I''m sure 1 goal in 4 games is "scoring for fun" for you guys too.[/quote]We should get to the bottom of this. Who said he would be scoring for fun? Who has riled you so much about this?[/quote]

Let''s see...

Miggins

Cartbeard

Jim Smith

etc... etc...

Hoppers holding up of the ball, movement and link up play has been 1st class since coming back into the team

[quote user="JF"]Hoppers holding up of the ball, movement and link up play has been 1st class since coming back into the team[/quote]

Against arguably the worst team in the league and one of the 5 worst with a man down. Yes. Yesterday, not even remotely. Reading he scored his goal, then didn''t touch the ball for about the next 30 minutes.

I''ll admit, his layoff to Howson was good play.

I do expect a guy on a soccer field to know how to complete a pass though..