Sign in to follow this  
CustardCream

Bring Chrissy Martin HOME petition!

Personally I''m glad Chrissy Martin is doing well.

Most Norwich fans would''ve had you believe he was lager lout with a stinking attitude and too many "distractions" in the local area. Where in reality he got barred from one pub when he was 18/19 for being present at a fight.

Of course in the eyes of Norfolks finest it could only mean he was out of control. Again, in reality he was an extremely grounded young lad who was desperate to play for Norwich City.

Compare that to Nathan Redmond who''s more interested in taking selfies in his Range Rover, getting pissed every weekend and acting like he''s footballs answer to 50 cent on Twitter, but nobody questions his attitude?

So wouldn''t warn Martin for getting drunk and starting fights in Beccles, getting banned from each one, but you would warn Redmond about taking selfies?

He didn''t start a fight. He got barred from 1 pub for being present at a fight. He wasn''t charged with anything yet people branded him with having a bad attitude.

And where did I say warn Redmond about taking selfies? Apparently Martin needed to "grow up", I''m just comparing the two.

"The 19-year-old is not allowed to enter any of the 68 pubs in Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth and Southwold after being barred from one in his home town of Beccles. It is understood that the ban relates to a fight outside the White Horse pub in New Market, Beccles, earlier this year, although the footballer may not have been directly involved.

Under the town''s Nightsafe pub watch scheme, being banned from one means being banned from all those who are members of the scheme. A ban is in place for 12 months and leads to a picture and description of the person being circulated around the pubs."

most posters on this board seem to forget the constant abuse they gave him when ever he got picked to play for the team

[quote user="CustardCream"]Sign Below![/quote]

another one for your list, master lapland

I worked in one the pubs in the scheme when he was banned- we had a picture of him and everyone else who was banned in a folder behind the bar- if he''d have come in I''d have been tempted to ask him to sign it.

Found his level, lacks the guile or pace to make the step up and so shall spend his career plying his trade for the promotion hopefuls.

So nah...

People said similar things about Grant Holt, Rickie Lambert and more recently Charlie Austin.

Also Humphrey Appleby, I''m not sure whether you''ve realised but we''re no longer a Premier League club. In fact we are the said "promotion hopefuls".

It''s almost as if some people think we''re guaranteed a return to the PL. In reality if we don''t win promotion this season we''ll probably end up rotting away in The Championship with the umpteen other "Premier League Clubs".

I think his goal record at Derby speaks for itself and what''s even more impressive is how he''s adapted into being a good player for the lone striker role.

However, up front isn''t where we need to be strengthening at the moment.

People have short term memories. I don''t care what they do at other clubs. I judge them how they were here. Martin always had talent but it was his attitude. He also didn''t keep himself in the best shape. Bassong is another with ability but his attitude lets him down.

Can''t understand the obsession of wanting to bring back virtually every player we''ve gotten rid of. Rightly (in most cases) or wrongly, they got shipped out for a good reason.What''s happened to them since is irrelevant.They''re history, they''re gone and they ain''t coming back.

Why would Martin ever want to come back to Norwich he is top dog at Bolton and in a team with a better chance of promotion than us.

We are deluded as fans some times

[quote user="fatty man"]Why would Martin ever want to come back to Norwich he is top dog at Bolton and in a team with a better chance of promotion than us.

We are deluded as fans some times[/quote]

Bolton ?

oh dear, poor old tw atty binman

another one for your list master lapland

[quote user="fatty man"]Why would Martin ever want to come back to Norwich he is top dog at Bolton and in a team with a better chance of promotion than us.

We are deluded as fans some times[/quote]
Yes they play in similar colours but come on....you''ve been in the Championship how many years? This should all be second nature to you lot!

I would have Chris back in a shot.

The abuse he used to get at games and people on this forum was a disgrace. I particularly like how he will only ever be a league 1 striker at best, yet the likes of Cody McDonald were at the very least championship strikers. I am glad to see both have proven most wrong.

Chris can be our new Grant Holt. We should re-sign him in the Summer unless Derby fluke promotion.