Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Jerome found his level at his new home?

He has now scored 10 goals, it is 4 years since he last did that. I feel it means he has found his level, both in the Championship, and here at Norwich City.

I was disappointed when his signed for us, because of his poor scoring record. But I have been pleased that it is turning out so well. He really works hard, and could be the first player here to score 20 in a season for sometime.

Hope Hooper stays, as they are working well together, and Hoopers has provided several cleaver assists for him.

when he joined most of the stoke fans didn''t want him to leave so there was always some hope

but he is turning out well

I actually think the significant difference is he''s getting a good run in the team. His performances have actually been up and down but he''s kept his place and he''s notched up a good tally.
I can see why other teams didn''t give him a good run because when he''s not scoring he''s sometimes quite poor at also holding the ball up which then makes him a rather pointless forward.
But for us he''s been very effective for the most part.

With strikers it is the goal tally that we tend to look at, but there''s a lot more to it - they often get played in different roles where goalscoring isn''t as ''key''. Look at Holt - when he came here a lot were non-plussed at his record as a lower league journeyman, but he did excellently. All a lot of players need is a chance to show what they can do before being written off.

I for one was pleased when we signed Jerome.  He seems to be very comfortable at Norwich and in he Championship.  It must be a massive boost having a manager that has faith in you, and plays you as the number 9 week in week out.

Hasnt he often been shunted out wide at previous clubs? doing a bit of the donkey work etc. maybe one of the reasons he has scored fewer goals.

Hes too good for this league hes a premier league player, we are also too good for this league so perfect fit , once we''ve walked this league he can prove his true level on our march to europe

[quote user="fatty man"]Hes too good for this league hes a premier league player, we are also too good for this league so perfect fit , once we''ve walked this league he can prove his true level on our march to europe[/quote]
Waveney, i''m a bit confused about this new angle of yours. But, i''ll stand back and watch it play out. It might be funny.

Which of Hoopers 3 assists were "several clever assists" to Jerome. The 1 to Bradley Johnson, or the 1 to Johnny Howson?

Hilarious. Let''s keep making stuff up.

I mean I can understand confusing Johnny Howson and Bradley Johnson with Cameron Jerome because they look very similar...

I know Hooper''s name was mentioned jaemae; but it''s okay.
It''s nearly Christmas. Focus on that.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"] Hoopers has provided several cleaver assists .[/quote]

No wonder defences open for them.   Nothing subtle in that build up is there?   Given his Essex background would that make Hooper the Master butcher of Leigh on Sea (showing my 90s musical preferences)

Back on topic,  I agree that Hoops and CJ appear to be building a good partnership and its become clear why Jerome has been valued at prem clubs for his career;   Keeping hold of all three strikers during Jan is a must - supplying them with some chances key too.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Bradwell canary"] Hoopers has provided several cleaver assists .[/quote]

No wonder defences open for them.   Nothing subtle in that build up is there?   Given his Essex background would that make Hooper the Master butcher of Leigh on Sea (showing my 90s musical preferences)

Back on topic,  I agree that Hoops and CJ appear to be building a good partnership and its become clear why Jerome has been valued at prem clubs for his career;   Keeping hold of all three strikers during Jan is a must - supplying them with some chances key too.

[/quote]More aliases than Klaus Barbie?[;)]

He did score regularly for Cardiff when he broke through in this league at just 18/19. He got 18 league goals in his last year there. Since then until this season he''s only played for managers who are well known for playing poor, defensive football, so having spent most of his career in the top flight for lower placed teams it''s understandable why he wasn''t viewed as a goal scorer when we signed him.

I always had a feeling he would do pretty well this year. To be honest though I expected Hooper to be loaned out, Grabban to be our main threat and Jerome/Lafferty swapping places next to Grabban and on the wing. I expected him to finish on maybe 15-18 goals (he still might, or less) but it''s looking like he should easily break 20 league goals this year which would make him a fantastic signing!

Imo already he''s proven to be Adams'' best acquisition

He''s turning out to be a decent buy, i too was underwhelmed when i heard he was joining but am happy to be wrong about him, could have done with him last season .

Always liked him and was well pleased when he signed, actually thought he would be doing even better to be honest.........but, that said, I also thought we would be comfortable at the top by December...

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 23/12/2014 5:43 PM:

Always liked him and was well pleased when he signed, actually thought he would be doing even better to be honest.........

That will be Adam''s fault!😄😄

Just back from Sainsburys, Thorpe store; whilst there I narrowly avoided Cameron Jerome zooming down the chilled food aisle on his shopping trolley. He''s pretty quick that guy!...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Just back from Sainsburys, Thorpe store; whilst there I narrowly avoided Cameron Jerome zooming down the chilled food aisle on his shopping trolley. He''s pretty quick that guy!...[/quote]He''s getting about then, I saw him driving into Morrissons on Riverside about half 2!#jeromewatch