Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Sicknote Injured Yet Again.

I see Pilkington missed his third game in a row for Cardiff yesterday with a hamstring injury. Looks like some things never change.

I liked Pilks when he played for us and when on form I think he was our best player

you can only get injured so many times however before it all starts to have long term and permanent effects.. I think the time has come for Pilks to look at his career now and decide is it all really worth it?

I''m sure there would be opportunities for him to stay in the game coaching wise or behind the scenes if he thought it for him.

A fully fit Pilkington was one of our best players, and one I wish had never left. If, of course, he could stay fit.Exactly the left sided player we are desperate for right now.

Good player but he does seem to continue to struggle with injuries and that will be what probably limits his career to a decent Championship winger.
Which is a shame. Truly two-footed as well, which for some reason is a unique attribute.

Pilks really does seem to be an ''if only'' player, was a Man U schoolboy so must have stood out young, but his obvious talent ,including the almost mythical twofootedness has never been consistently realised due to his string of injuries. Maybe thats why he seems a bit of a big time Charlie....or are his injuries/inconsistency a result of afforementioned Charlieness?

It''s a shame but his injuries have cost him too much in my opinion. He was absolutely brilliant in his first two seasons for us but since then he''s only looked half the player he was for us and Cardiff when fit. Although nothing has been said I wouldn''t be surprised at all to find out he has to constantly play through pain/injury nowdays. Even if he stayed here, didn''t get injured etc he wouldn''t be having a huge impact (We certainly could have used him though at times) he just isn''t anywhere near as good as he was

Being fair CJF, who the hell WOULDN''T have wanted to leave under Hughton (apart from Bassong)???Pilks showed just how good he can be in that first season back in the top flight, with goals, crosses, headers and great attacking runs, he gave it all and Hughton rewarded this by ostracising him and underusing him even when fit...I think we made a mistake selling him, although I can understand reasoning from a purely medical perspective, but as a player we completely dropped the ball on that one.