Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

what the hell are we doing in 7th?

None of our players are at the very least decent finishers and we''re inconsistent. We we''re also tactically naive a lot of the time at home against stubborn opposition. Phelan seems to have come in and completed this management team. I won''t pretend to know the ins and outs of what''s going on, all I know is we finally seem to have the right team in place.

You''re right though, with the platform we currently have we should be the form team for the rest of the season and it would take a lot of incompetence to mess this up!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We are clearly a class above. It would take a complete numpty to mess up promotion now![/quote]

Your joking right?

Mess up promotion? We''re currently outside of a promotion place. As for a class above, Milwall are a poor championship side.

We''re 7th for a reason. We need to improve consistency and be more tactically dynamic to earn promotion.

The squad is plainly good enough. It is just down to whether too much ground has been lost in the period of "learning".  In theory if we keep a good run going, we should  be able to get back to the top, but if we have another poor run, that will probably be it as far as promotion goes. Where we are is good enough to place a challenge - we just have to make sure that challenge happens.

I agree with LDC. We have a team good enough to win this league. Adams made a horrendous hash of that 10 game run. Others are not dropping points and it may therefore cost us. the very fact Ipswich are top two tells you everything about the quality of this division.

clearly the reason why people...including myself ...think we should be higher thatn we are is because of the August/September we had , choosing to block out the October and November that followed. Its because of these first two months...and indeed that last 4 games that we know we''re capable of it.

Had our form been more "constant" over the full course of these season far i.e a couple of wins,followed by a draw ,a defeat, and then another win, then we''d probably think we''re about where we deserve to be.

I am not forgetting any periods of bad runs. The only time we''ve been outclassed was Boro away and other than that we have shot ourselves in the foot in dropping points.

Charlton, Brighton and Reading home games were unashamedly poor outcomes. If we had them points we''d be top two still.

I only hope we can go on some unbelieveable run where we gain ground on that top two. I don''t want the lottery of the playoffs.

yes, I wonder how much money we have just lost in bonus payments by only finishing 7th at the halfway mark of the seasona points total that would have us on 74 points at the end of the season  an amount that is usually enough to make the playoffswhen oddly enough all the shrieaks and pantwetting have been about how awful we have been !

now here is the thoughtif we have been that bad and still made the play offs, what does the second half of the season hold ?does the team look like they are likely to produce better as the rest of the season pans out ?if so    ......... ?

We were a Championship standard team when we were relegated, albeit some of our players were individually better than the majority in this division and capable of playing in the premier league. But to get out of this league you need to play well as a team and have a competent manager.So far we''ve seen little in terms of playing together as a team and are led by an inexperienced former U18s boss who has made typical beginners'' errors. We made some poor buys, overstocked the defence and failed to sufficiently strengthen our midfield in the last transfer window. Individually we may be a cut above, although not by as much as

has been touted, but collectively we''re no higher than we deserve to be.To become established in the PL is another matter and as things stand we

need more than the bog standard, low quality game being

drilled into the players. Bournemouth are currently the team showing everyone else how to do things in terms of not sacrificing quality and building for the longer term, as opposed to cutting corners and hoping for the best.