Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Nice tweet from Hucks

We have a good team but to have a new Hucks would be massive. Major unveiling today??[:P]

[quote user="Herman "]

11 years ago today I signed for best decision I ever made !

Probably one of the best late Christmas presents ever for a City fan. Thanks for the memories and have a good holiday. Great vid as well.

[/quote]Thank god for McNally and his hard-nosed acumen. We never made that kind of audacious signing when that idiot Doncaster was in charge.

I remember the buzz around the ground before the game, all the rumours and murmering that he had signed.And that moment when Delia "unveiled" him.Happy, happy day [:)]I hope we sing his song today.

I know we all thank Delia for Hucks but the fans had a part too with the shares which raised over 1.5 million at the time didn''t they?

Genuine legend who really cared for the club. Loved the way he annoyed opposing fans, and the excitement you felt every time he got the ball.

My most enjoyable time of supporting the club in this millennia was when that man was part of it.

A lovely chap too when I met him and had that rare, starstruck photo. :)

[quote user="lincoln canary"]God this makes me rage..... He had at least 2 good years left in him with us, if it was any other manager than arrogant Roeder he''d have fulfilled them.[/quote]This ^^^^^^^

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]

Probably one of the best late Christmas presents ever for a City fan. Thanks for the memories and have a good holiday. Great vid as well.

[/quote]Thank god for McNally and his hard-nosed acumen. We never made that kind of audacious signing when that idiot Doncaster was in charge.[/quote]Your posts are more often than not a calibre above what''s usual on this board PC, and i tend to agree. But let''s be fair here, the purchase of Huckerby had more to do with Carl Moore''s input than it did Doncaster.

[quote user="John"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]Thank god for McNally and his hard-nosed acumen. We never made that kind of audacious signing when that idiot Doncaster was in charge.[/quote]Your posts are more often than not a calibre above what''s usual on this board PC, and i tend to agree. But let''s be fair here, the purchase of Huckerby had more to do with Carl Moore''s input than it did Doncaster.[/quote]John, Carl Moore provided some money (from memory just for the initial loan spell rather than the permanent deal) but ultimately you have to credit the CEO with making the overall deal, or rather both the overall deals, happen. For example, I doubt anyone would argue that the transfer fee we paid for Huckerby was one of the best pound-for-pound deals in the club''s postwar history.The £135,000 for Gary Holt (I think another Doncaste deal), the £500,000 or so for Grant Holt, the £85,000 for Martin Peters, and the pittance we paid Spurs in total for Crook, Culverhouse and Bowen spring to mind as rival candidates.