Sign in to follow this  
pete

Murphy?

McGrandles on bench ahead of JM, was this tactical or because of injury? Any answers?

I think some, particularly on here, completely over-hyped Murphy and some claimed he was on par with Redmond - some even claimed he was better.
He''s not. He''s a long, long way being anywhere near the quality Redmond possesses and in fact I believe Redmond has more natural ability which will always put him ahead of him in terms of development.
Saying that, I think Redmond has the potential to be a top, top Premier League winger. I still think Murphy can become a good Premier League winger but I haven''t seen anything convincing in recent performances so can understand him being dropped.

One key difference between Redmond and Murphy is that Murphy looks like he has a striker''s instinct. Whatever their respective merits, neither player is likely to fulfill their potential if they''re playing alongside a limited central midfield.

Murphy is 2 years younger than Redmond and better IMO than Redmond was at their respected years.

On his day Murphy has ability to do something special and is good enough for this division as his brother is proving with Blackpool.

I agree that the best option might be a 6 month loan.

Lets not knock our own players who have the potential to be the next Eadie or Bellamy.

Yep my miscalculation thought it was 2 years, been a long few days and my maths has suffered :-)

Even so, I still don''t think theres that much between them, the more games Murphy plays the better he will get.

Agree, a lot may depend on whether Redmond stays on where exactly he gets those games.

I quite like Josh and Jacob. They''ve probably got the most potential we''ve had since Martin. And although Martin wasn''t that many years ago he was the best prospect we''d had in a long time.

However, Redmond is, in my opinion, the best prospect we''ve had since Bellamy and the most exciting player since Huckerby.

Its clear that both of the Murphy''s have a great future and like all youngsters need handling correctly, hence there will be a reason why we now see Josh out of the picture. This is one area that I trust Neil Adams on, he has a lot of experience handling young players and will know when to play and when to rest them.

All players mature a different rates, so its unfair to make comparisons with Redmond who was playing regular first team football at a very young age, and right now is some way ahead of Murphy.

I look forward to when they are both regulars in the side, someting I expect to happen with at least one of the Murphy''s.....great prospects!

[quote user="York Canary"]How did McGrandles do when he came on? Ideal situation to come on in I''d imagine[/quote]

He played like a young Scottish lower league player...he needs a lot of development!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Its clear that both of the Murphy''s have a great future and like all youngsters need handling correctly, hence there will be a reason why we now see Josh out of the picture. This is one area that I trust Neil Adams on, he has a lot of experience handling young players and will know when to play and when to rest them.

All players mature a different rates, so its unfair to make comparisons with Redmond who was playing regular first team football at a very young age, and right now is some way ahead of Murphy.

I look forward to when they are both regulars in the side, someting I expect to happen with at least one of the Murphy''s.....great prospects![/quote]
Yep, this sums it up nicely for me.

McGrandles played well considering it was his home senior debut. Threw himself into challenges and apart from one poor pass accross his own defence was generally solid enough.

As said with the right development and time on the pitch we have some great potential in our youth set up.