Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Poster of the year

As we approach the end of 2014 I think we should look back at those posters who''ve made a huge contribution to making this site the great place it is. My six nominations (in no particular order) are........Ricardo.......for his excellent match reports (which I always read but rarely comment on). [:$]nutty nigel.......for the work he does to make the Ray''s Funds so successful, and the many friendships that have been formed as a result. [Y]Purple Canary.......can always be relied on to kill myths with fact. FACT! [:O]Lake District Canary.......The perfect remedy for those with insomnia. [;)]Morty.......for demonstrating exactly why this site needs mods and already qualified to step in when the call comes. [:D]And finally.....Waveney Canary...and all his other aliases.......for pure entertainment value. Inoffensive and humourous but sadly, he has probably posted thousands of times but will his post-count ever reach 100? [;)]That''s my six although I''m sure to have missed several. Who would you nominate?

in no particular order meTil - for his dogged ability to follow in the tradition of other great sleuths ... Lestrade, Japp, ClouseuHerrmoan - for outstanding misery in the face of forum fun

and let us not forget those we have lostwiz, Jimbo canary, Big Vince, east coast canary

[quote user="morty"]I give this thread two pages.Tops.[/quote]that''s just for waveney and canary island''s various aliases

Like Peter Sallis, David Jason and Thora Hird all rolled into one, bringing warmth and joy to the forum i''d like to nominate...City 1st. Thanks for the smiles buddy.

My award for the 2+2=5 category goes to none other than City1st.

This award is for his tenacity in exposing anybody who has less than 100 posts and disagrees with him as being a multiple account holder or a Binner without the slightest scrap of evidence.

By the way City1st Big Vince is not Wiz as was posting on here just a few short days ago.

The award for keyboard warrior prepared to step out from behind his computer and face those who gave him grief goes to Lake District Canary following his appearance in The Nelson.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

My award for the 2+2=5 category goes to none other than City1st.

This award is for his tenacity in exposing anybody who has less than 100 posts and disagrees with him as being a multiple account holder or a Binner without the slightest scrap of evidence.

By the way City1st Big Vince is not Wiz as was posting on here just a few short days ago.

[/quote]plod by name, and nature

ps the 100 posts guff you keep warbling on about, does that include Laps, as in " but sadly, he has probably posted thousands of times but will his post-count ever reach 100?"

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The award for keyboard warrior prepared to step out from behind his computer and face those who gave him grief goes to Lake District Canary following his appearance in The Nelson. [/quote]*After first making sure I wasn''t going to be there.[:D]

I don''t think you being there would ever trouble anybody Morty let alone Lakey.

For what it''s worth I particularly enjoy three posters;

Nutty for the PUPs work which is a very constructive way to channel our interest in football;

Ricardo for his match reports and optimistic but rational analysis of our chances for the season;

Parma, for us uneducated sorts, for helping to understand last season''s tactics even if we didn''t enjoy them and for developing an understanding of the tactical requirements going forwards.

I may not post much but I do enjoy reading this forum''s posts.

In no particular order..., my top three are...

Ricardo...vast experience as a City fan and match reports...

Purple Canary...to the point reactions...

Morty...always there 4 a discussion...

My awards would be - Parma - for knowledge of what he is talking about.Ricardo - for his match reports and level headednessNutty - for his pups work and community spiritMorty - for his need to feel he has to be at the centre of everything City 1st - for sheer entertainmemt value

Biggest award this year goes to the new forum for showing us all there is a better way - and in the process making this forum a better place to be. Competition is good. 

perhaps because you are not part of the inner circle line... or something

I find the belief of some posters in the veracity of others somewhat remarkable. Why anyone would believe they know more about the intricacies of the game than other fans is puzzling.