Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Binners worried

Living in Suffolk I bump into them all the time. Interesting conversation yesterday, they still think we''ll be in the top two come May AND their bubble will burst when the heavy grounds and injuries kick in, we can only hope.

Happy Christmas to all you out there.

I was talking to some Brentford fans the other day who said exactly the same - seemed to think we have had some poor luck to date and they expect us to be in the top two, whilst not giving their side too much chance of staying up there. I guess it''s just the natural pessimism of football supporters, but it is interesting that there''s an expectation of us being a force: we just need to deliver in the second half of the season.

IMO it would actually be great to see the likes of Brentford and Bournemouth getting up to the PL so long as we go with them!

Brentford and Ipswich fans might well both be apprehensive about their possible fall from the top.

But its crazy that one of them will go top on boxing day as they kick off before Bournemouth.

I think its that time of year fans don''t want to get their hopes up but believe me once Feb comes if they are still up there fans will start to believe

I had a conversation at a gig the other day with an Ippo supporting friend... He said we will be in top 4 at least (I agree), but thought Ippo would tail off and eventually struggle to make top 6.

He made the comparison to the season we did the double promotion. He pointed out that we didnt have the best squad but we had great team spirit and a decent man-manager... They seem to have all of that in abundance this year and could be the key to their success so far. The key difference is that we did have a better squad... as pointed out by someone else, as soon as one of their 3 decent players gets injured, then the wheels will start to fall off.

Hopefully anyway!

[quote user="fatty man"] But its crazy that one of them will go top on boxing day as they kick off before Bournemouth.[/quote]

Not if it is a draw.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Living in Suffolk I bump into them all the time. Interesting conversation yesterday, they still think we''ll be in the top two come May AND their bubble will burst when the heavy grounds and injuries kick in, we can only hope.

Happy Christmas to all you out there.[/quote]

Where''s City1st ? Has he booked himself into the therapy clinic at last ?

[quote user="Herman "]Last I heard he was driving around Lowestoft looking for a Gandalf lookalike.[/quote]He has been issued a new identity under the wizard protection programme.And currently in the safe house of another forum.[;)]

If it makes you all happier and content thinking that we''re overly worried about you that''s fine. But actually for the first time in a long time (too long yes, I know) we have a team to be proud of, so the majority of us are very much focused on seeing Town maintain their recent form. If we carry on as we are there''s no need to even worry about what you lot do.Seasons greetings though chaps, health and happiness and all that jazz.

Suffolk born, Suffolk bredStrong in the arm, Thick in the head. [;)]Merry Xmas to all fans.

Momentum is funny old thing. Once a team gains it, as we saw it under Lambert, they can perfom well above the level their squal list would suggest.

Let''s hope we find ours and bag 3 points tomorrow.

Momentum comes from many factors; not least ‘focus’. Right now, Ipswich are focussed (expecting) to win each game they play. In track running terms, Ipswich are running on the shoulder of Bournemouth whilst Norwich are somewhere back in seventh place. The Tractor Boys focus is hardly likely to be on Norwich is it? Having said that, the best way to distract them is to give them something different to consider. Norwich need to become the runner who finds huge momentum halfway through this season-long race. Huge momentum comes from huge belief. A convincing performance today against Millwall and another three points is the minimum requirement…

Quality manager is McCarthy. Looks like they may be the team that pulls away

[quote user="JF"]Quality manager is McCarthy. Looks like they may be the team that pulls away[/quote]He''s very good at getting teams promoted to the Premier League...even better at getting them relegated very quickly. [:D]

[quote user="JF"]Quality manager is McCarthy. Looks like they may be the team that pulls away[/quote]Results wise clearly they are looking like a top two side , thought Boro and Brentford would have been two defeats but they look as if they have won them both with ease . McCarthy is their Lambert .

[quote user="whoareyou"][quote user="JF"]Quality manager is McCarthy. Looks like they may be the team that pulls away[/quote]He''s very good at getting teams promoted to the Premier League...even better at getting them relegated very quickly. [:D][/quote][Y]

[quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="JF"]Quality manager is McCarthy. Looks like they may be the team that pulls away[/quote]Results wise clearly they are looking like a top two side , thought Boro and Brentford would have been two defeats but they look as if they have won them both with ease . McCarthy is their Lambert .[/quote]What a load of nonsense! That really under appreciates what Lambert did here.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="JF"]Quality manager is McCarthy. Looks like they may be the team that pulls away[/quote]Results wise clearly they are looking like a top two side , thought Boro and Brentford would have been two defeats but they look as if they have won them both with ease . McCarthy is their Lambert .[/quote]What a load of nonsense! That really under appreciates what Lambert did here.[/quote]He took what was the best side in League 1 to the Premiership , McCarthy has taken them from bottom of the Championship to top , were they to go up and survive one season i would say that is pretty much the same .

Oh and i think you will find Lambert had a fair bit more money to achieve what he did .Ipswich just have a rabble of free transfers .

Rubbish. Lambert took a club on its arse,hamstrung with debts and consecutively took us to the top division.

[quote user="portman_king"]
Seasons greetings though chaps, health and happiness and all that jazz.
[/quote]

Well now Bin boy I must have missed your patronising greetings twaddle in 2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Now why would that be ?