Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Reading

Same again? In theory, keep a winning team, but anyone need to be rested? Redmond to start or come on as sub?  Jerome and Hooper missed sitters by all accounts against Millwall. Time to give Grabban another start?   If Grabban had missed the chances Jerome did on Saturday, he would have been castigated on here.  I still would like to see Lafferty feature more often too.  I would pick the same line up if Tettey is not fit, but if he is, would put him straight back in and bring Redmond on from the bench.                       

But both had very good games and both scored!!, admittedly Jerome should of had a hat trick. Same team for me if everyone fit!!.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Do you think Adams got the team right for yesterday LDC?

They did rather well.[/quote]

Of course.  My concern is Johnson - but he is proving me wrong.  Good for him and the team that he does well when picked.  Would still like to see Lafferty given more of a shout, but he has players ahead of him atm.

Oh, and Studge/Bor/chops - change the record, there''s a good chap.....

E-Reader            Book Map Rhodes-Sign Manual            Runes Kindle Instructions News-Paper                          Dissertation Gas-Meter

Of course. My concern is Johnson - but he is proving me wrong. Good for him and the team that he does well when picked. Would still like to see Lafferty given more of a shout, but he has players ahead of him atm.

The strange thing about yesterday is that our strikers missed so many sitters and yet when the ball came to Jonno you just knew he would bury it, which he did. He is having a great run and long may it continue.

I''d seriously consider dropping Jerome. Yes he''s our top scorer but he misses a huge amount of chances and as far as I can see doesn''t really offer a great deal up front. His movement is often poor and for a big guy he''s not particularly good in the air. Hooper is a class above and can quite easily play the lone striker role. So i''d bring Hoolahan back in, play him in the no. 10 role alongside Howson and Redmond, with Johnson and Tettey/O''Neill holding. I certainly feel we''d have more creativity and play better football with this lineup. Then with the likes of Jerome, Lafferty, Grabban on the bench there is always the option to go a bit more direct later in the game if necessary.

Hooper needs a runner up top with him. Jerome for an hour and then Grabban for 30 is perfect. As for the heading comment, he won a fair few with the unit Shittu at the back yesterday, all that let him down was his finishing IMO. Stick with that team and bench Tettey (if fit)

Jerome epitomises the spirit in this squad, tremendous work rate, getting back to make tackles, gives it everything. His pace wins us some important free kicks as well.

Shame he blew a few chances yesterday but if you are going to blow them then that was the game to do it in.

play a 110formationthat way the players can mark and attack as they see fit, and as the game requiresscapegoats like Whitaker and Johnson can get forward and score, scapegoats like Hooper can drop back to link play and get forward to also scoreno one playing on top or along the channeland the only pressing is the pressing need to win

who will those 10 be (assuming Ruddy in goal) ?well that will depend on injury/fitness levels after yesterday''s game

and who Adams/Phelan thinks is needed to counter their threats, and who they see could pose the biggest threat to themgiven we don''t know the former and we will have to trust to their judgement for the latter we shall have to wait till around 2pm tomorrowotherwise0-3 to City

We''ve done much better since Kyle Lafferty hasn''t been included.

I''d keep the same line-up.

Biggest observation lately is our willingness to close down much quicker from the front and win the ball in the opposition''s half. Just like Man Utd do. You''d almost think we''d acquired one of their leading coaches...

Redmond has to start,every game, home and away, and I hope the penny has dropped.....although who knows what Adams would have done yesterday had Tettey had been fit??.

If he''s fit tomorrow, I''d bring him in for O''Neil.

If Cueller is injured then there''s a tough call to make.....were it anyone bar Reading then Turner would naturally come straight in....but after what happened with him and them a few weeks ago ,I wonder whether that would be right?....bringing Bennett in for his first game back would too be a risk and one which would rather be eased back in ,in the cup match at Preston.

Depends on injuries but basically the same formation and team. Maybe return Redmond to the bench for the first half just to see GJL have a breakdown.[:D]

I wouldn''t be too unhappy. Wear Reading out in the first half and then smash them in the second.

Hopefully same team again. But i guess someone like Turner or R.Bennett in for Cuellar. Changes and players needed a "rest" will be against PNE.

Plenty of player to get a run out vs PNE:

Rudd, Bunn, R.Bennett, Turner, Hooiveld, Garrido, E.Bennett, Murphy, McGrandles, McGeehan, King, Hoolahan, Loza, Lafferty, Grabban

I''m not sure anyone needs resting at Preston to be honest.

Unlike the Premier Lge , we have no game on New Years day, meaning we have 6 days between tomorrow and the 3rd.....and then 7 days after that until Bournemouth.

Our record in cups against lower league (and non-league!) opposition isn''t exactly clever when resting players....and I don''t see the need here.

Redmond back to the bench for me, he isn''t enough of a team player for the solidity we need away from home.As previously said though, it does depend on Tettey''s fitness.

Almost certain that Wes and Grabban will start, as Adams will rotate a bit.

Howson and Jerome to make way.

Lafferty should feature too, but likely as a sub.

[quote user="grefstad"]Almost certain that Wes and Grabban will start, as Adams will rotate a bit.

Lafferty should feature too, but likely as a sub.[/quote]Are you on a wind up?[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"]Almost certain that Wes and Grabban will start, as Adams will rotate a bit.

Lafferty should feature too, but likely as a sub.[/quote]Are you on a wind up?[:D][/quote]

Wait and see. Both Wes and Grabban have been subs lately. Makes sense that they start now, 2 days after the last game, as part of squad rotation.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="morty"][quote user="grefstad"]Almost certain that Wes and Grabban will start, as Adams will rotate a bit.

Lafferty should feature too, but likely as a sub.[/quote]Are you on a wind up?[:D][/quote]

Wait and see. Both Wes and Grabban have been subs lately. Makes sense that they start now, 2 days after the last game, as part of squad rotation.[/quote]It makes no sense at all lol, but I''ll wait and see[Y]