Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Just back from Reading

what a total and utter shambles that was especially in the first half!!!!No clue as to what our tactics were, but why the hell was Tettey recalled to replace Redmond? Tettey barely went over the half way line or passed the ball forwards in all the time he was on!!!And as for the substitution of Grabban coming on for Jerome, nobody in the crowd could understand it!!!!Anybody who seriously thinks we have turned the corner after those two thumping home wins is deluded!! All they have done is mask the problem of an inept manager out of his depth!!One other thing which I found extremely bizarre is, John Ruddy came hammering past me in his Range Rover on the A11, so why the hell was he not travelling on the team coach back to Norwich?

Grabben did okay when he came on, but the game was already at a point where you just knew it wasn''t going to happen.I can only assume Jerome was spent, or had a knock, as he had a decent game, and we looked lacking when he went off.

No, I thought Redmond was awful when he came on, but then I have to say I struggle to think of anybody who had a good game, except maybe Ryan Bennett.As for Grabban doing ok, well the logical sub if you are gonna pump the ball in the box was Lafferty for Jerome or even Hooper, who seemed totally disinterested TBH.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]No, I thought Redmond was awful when he came on, but then I have to say I struggle to think of anybody who had a good game, except maybe Ryan Bennett.As for Grabban doing ok, well the logical sub if you are gonna pump the ball in the box was Lafferty for Jerome or even Hooper, who seemed totally disinterested TBH.[/quote]Nobody had a good game frankly. And rather than branding this a total collapse I am more likely to put it down to "one of those days", a combination of things. A soft penalty, a player that should have been off for hauling back Jerome, and I''m not playing hard done by, as both sides suffered from awful reffing.The answer to your point is they shouldn''t have been pumping the ball into the box, it should have been ball to feet. But at that point Reading were wasting so much time, and spoiling the game out, that we just couldn''t get anything going.

I would put it down to a bad day as well, a bad day that we can''t afford to repeat but the sort of bad day that afflicts all teams from time to time.

yes it was a bad day, a bit like charlton home, Reading home, Middlesboro away and Wolves away, and countless others that we have scraped a point from.All these "bad days" are more frequent than the good days aren''t they? Maybe if Adams played his best players in their correct positions and had a settled side with those players then they may stop. Who knows, but one things for sure if we have too many more we will be in this division next year too!!

You''ve brought up the point there that I couldn''t understand. From the back of the away end it appeared clear that Jerome was hauled down. If he wasn''t then it was a booking for a dive but absolutely nothing. Anyone have a better view or shed some light?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]John Ruddy came hammering past me in his Range Rover on the A11, so why the hell was he not travelling on the team coach back to Norwich?[/quote]

Transfer window opens Thursday.....

[quote user="Baldyboy"]yes it was a bad day, a bit like charlton home, Reading home, Middlesboro away and Wolves away, and countless others that we have scraped a point from.All these "bad days" are more frequent than the good days aren''t they? Maybe if Adams played his best players in their correct positions and had a settled side with those players then they may stop. Who knows, but one things for sure if we have too many more we will be in this division next year too!!

[/quote]Errrr, we have had a settled side recently.So who are his best players, and what position should he be playing them in then?

We''ve turned a corner baldyboy and results have been on the up, one bad performance amidst our recent string of good results is not enough to throw the toys out, if we fail to turn up at Bornmouth then we should start to get concerned again.

All these "bad days" are more frequent than the good days aren''t they?

P 24 w10 d7 l7

So no, not really.

Didn''t see you posting after Millwall or Huddersfield.

No I didn''t post after those games, although the first half against Huddersfield was shocking too, thats because I hoped we had turned the corner, BUT, what i witnessed today was yet another shambles against a very poor Reading side, the same as when we played them at home.as for a win rate of 10 out of 24 thats absolutely outstanding isn''t it? After all we have a team made up of freebies and kids don''t we not a squad that has cost a fortune to assemble don''t we?By the way good to see you reverted to your proper name of Bore Bore Bore!!!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]No I didn''t post after those games, although the first half against Huddersfield was shocking too, thats because I hoped we had turned the corner, BUT, what i witnessed today was yet another shambles against a very poor Reading side, the same as when we played them at home.as for a win rate of 10 out of 24 thats absolutely outstanding isn''t it? After all we have a team made up of freebies and kids don''t we not a squad that has cost a fortune to assemble don''t we?By the way good to see you reverted to your proper name of Bore Bore Bore!!![/quote]Maybe you missed my post, I asked you "So who are his best players, and what position should he be playing them in then?"

What is happening at our beloved fotballl club my friends?I am away atm but have no confidence in  our expected return to the top table.Quite frankly I want this Adams  on his bike.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]What is happening at our beloved fotballl club my friends?I am away atm but have no confidence in  our expected return to the top table.Quite frankly I want this Adams  on his bike.[/quote]Unless you started supporting Norwich City about 5 years ago, this is pretty much how it is.Some people seem to have some very short memories.

But I''m less sure we should simply throw away the legacy of the last three seasons, simply to embrace the little old Norwich mentality of eras. My aspirations for our team are higher than that.

Just got back via a party for my brother''s birthday, shocking dispłay from all 11 players and 3 subs, manager not at fault, hope we don''t play this badly again all season.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]But I''m less sure we should simply throw away the legacy of the last three seasons, simply to embrace the little old Norwich mentality of eras. My aspirations for our team are higher than that.[/quote]Somehow, however well we do, I doubt you''d be happy.

But are YOU happy Morty? You more than likely are as you get to increase your 23000+ post count by having a go at anybody who isnt!!So ARE YOU HAPPY MORTY?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]But are YOU happy Morty? You more than likely are as you get to increase your 23000+ post count by having a go at anybody who isnt!!So ARE YOU HAPPY MORTY?[/quote]Extremely happy thank you, nice of you to ask.My post count is obviously extremely important to you, so I will keep adding to it[Y]And, just to check, you do know this is kind of how discussion forums work, don''t you?Or do you expect to just blurt out your rants, and have everyone agree with you?

I am extremely happy you are happy, but are you really happy? Is it because City lost, and you can put everybody straight on why they are unhappy after todayand I am even happier that you have pointed out how a forum works as I really had no clue, but as you say you can increase your count by telling me how the forum worksAny chance you could explain being a football manager to Neil Adams then too please as I dont think he knows the answer to that one!!!;)

[quote user="Baldyboy"]I am extremely happy you are happy, but are you really happy? Is it because City lost, and you can put everybody straight on why they are unhappy after todayand I am even happier that you have pointed out how a forum works as I really had no clue, but as you say you can increase your count by telling me how the forum worksAny chance you could explain being a football manager to Neil Adams then too please as I dont think he knows the answer to that one!!!;)[/quote]Yeah, it was pretty obvious you were struggling with this.Glad to be of help[Y]Your first point is an interesting one, and dovetails in with your silly little point about my post count. I am here whether we win or lose, because I am a fan who like football discussion, and not just some cry baby who comes here to whinge when we lose.Because that would be really fickle, wouldn''t it?[:)]

or maybe its because I have better things to do?Could you explain how to use them emoticon things too old chap also please? 

[quote user="Baldyboy"]or maybe its because I have better things to do?Could you explain how to use them emoticon things too old chap also please? 

[/quote]What a strange coincidence that.And no[:)]

But seeing as I''m in such a good mood (and of course it means I can add to my post count [;)]) see the picture below, click on it to make it bigger.Use the "Insert smiley" pull down, not the icons at the bottom.If there is no "Insert smiley" option, its probably because you are so miserable[;)][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/untitled_zps01c5a260.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/untitled_zps01c5a260.jpg[/IMG][/URL]