Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Still pinching myself

I know this sounds a bit stupid cos I''ve had about a month to get used to it but I still have to pinch myself to check I''m not dreaming that we have the greatest striker outside the Premiership. I saw a background this morning of Huckerby on the EDP site. All it was was Darren standing in the changing rooms in front of a couple of City shirts with his name on. It really did send a shiver down my spine and a little voice in my head said "Oh my god, DARREN HUCKERBY".

Couple this with the fact that we are top (and have been for over a month) I''m a very happy chap at the mo

I''m not sure about the shirt off thing at this time of the year. Might be asking for a chill, and the last thing we need is Darren in bed with the sniffles! However, I can understand the title of this thread. As I was feeling under the weather yesterday I decided to go to bed early and cheer myself up by reading all the EDPs and Pink ''Uns I have kept over the past few months. Doing this reminded me of all the truly amazing events on and off the field and made me really excited at the prospect of the coming three-and-a-bit months, whatever the final outcome. (As I said on another thread, if someone had told me that you-know-who would be a Norwich player by Christmas, if indeed at all, I would have thought them barmy. Likewise, if someone had said that we would be top of the league by now and would have been there for FIVE WEEKS, I would have recommended that they see a doctor!) Even this morning, as I flicked through the tv channels, we got a mention from David Frost on Breakfast With Frost at the beginning of an interview with Charles Clarke. (Big smiles from both of them as Sir David mentioned our lofty position).
There are some very hard games ahead of us, for sure, but to be where we are right now is FANTASTIC. Keeping my positive hat on, I say ''BRING IT ON!'' (Keep pinching yourself, Dumbledelia. It''s good for the circulation...but it doesn''t alter the amazing reality!!!)

Charles Clarke may be a norwich supporter, but that''s not to say he shouldn''t be shot... In the nicest possible way and all!

Hmm... Coming to think of it that may be libellous, so I''m not so sure it''ll get posted.

Okay. Charles Clarke should get voted out at the next election (that''s our job), if this whole tution fees thing goes through - talking as a student who wouldn''t have been able to study at the university I''m at under the current system.

As for darren huckerby, don''t get too carried away, but I reckon he can do a great job for us, and (hopefully) help to get us back up there so we won''t have to compete in any possible McDonald''s Football Championship next season.