Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Adams - Another tactical mistake

[quote user="hogesar"]The art to management is changing things BEFORE they fail.[/quote]

Wouldn''t that mean that you would have to constantly change things and how would you know whether or not the change you made caused a failure when it did happen?

Seems Adams is very good at motivating the team...sadly from our point of view, it seems to be the opposition he is motivating from the comments coming from the Reading dressing room yesterday.

@Morty- yes that baffling. We were playing Reading, a team who had not won in 5 and were not exactly high on confidence. If we have any pretension of getting promoted we should be taking the game to teams like this not starting with a ''keep it tight'' style of play, home or away.

We won 6-1 last week. Any sensible manager would want to ride that confidence and keep his team together- by dropping our biggest attacking threat he essentially said to both us and Reading that we would not be taking the game to them. Ridiculous in the extreme.

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty- yes that baffling. We were playing Reading, a team who had not won in 5 and were not exactly high on confidence. If we have any pretension of getting promoted we should be taking the game to teams like this not starting with a ''keep it tight'' style of play, home or away.

We won 6-1 last week. Any sensible manager would want to ride that confidence and keep his team together- by dropping our biggest attacking threat he essentially said to both us and Reading that we would not be taking the game to them. Ridiculous in the extreme.[/quote]Redmond was awful when he came on yesterday.Whatever is going on with him right now, I can see why he is being used sparingly.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="hogesar"]The art to management is changing things BEFORE they fail.[/quote]

Wouldn''t that mean that you would have to constantly change things and how would you know whether or not the change you made caused a failure when it did happen?[/quote]
[:D] Ha!
Not quite, but I suppose the point i''m getting at is teams aren''t stupid in this League. You can''t just put out the same 11, particularly a flat 4 midfield with little in the way of individual technique and presume it''ll be enough. You have to mix things up a bit. I think Adams was correct in playing that midfield when he did against Wigan - and on from there. If it worked yesterday I guess i''d be saying the same so it''s a bit rich coming from me.
But I do think a flat 4 midfield are a bit too easy for the opposition to deal with defensively. Unless they''re all at 100% - which was never going to be the case 48 hours after a game - then ball retention won''t be as good and then the midfield 4 are pointless with no outlet.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]@Morty- yes that baffling. We were playing Reading, a team who had not won in 5 and were not exactly high on confidence. If we have any pretension of getting promoted we should be taking the game to teams like this not starting with a ''keep it tight'' style of play, home or away.

We won 6-1 last week. Any sensible manager would want to ride that confidence and keep his team together- by dropping our biggest attacking threat he essentially said to both us and Reading that we would not be taking the game to them. Ridiculous in the extreme.[/quote]Redmond was awful when he came on yesterday.Whatever is going on with him right now, I can see why he is being used sparingly.[/quote]
I don''t think one bad second half performance yesterday merits why he has been used sparingly other than that. He''s always been the most likely to make anything happen.
I agree he was poor yesterday but doesn''t alter my view he needs to be starting pretty much every game for us. He can drag the team up the pitch which we couldn''t do with our flat 4 midfield yesterday not performing at their best. The only other player in the starting 11 who could do that was Hooper but balls into him were so infrequent it made it near impossible.
A team that''s just won 6-1 will want to go out their and win again. Confidence is high. Playing no wingers sends out the wrong message. No problem with Bradders on the left but at least 1 winger has to start against these average Championship sides.

I would suggest the reason Redmond was poor yesterday was because, like the rest of us, he couldn''t understand why he wasn''t starting the match in the first place and was totally pi$$ed off.The first serious bid for him in January and he will be off, whether we want him to go or not. He will surely want to leave and have his ability properly recognised and rewarded.Grabban was on fire at the start of the season until Numpty decided Jerome was going to be his main man and shoved him aside. Not saying that Jerome is not  a better striker, but a proper manager would have handled the situation better. Unloved and unwanted, Grabban is a shadow of his former self and will look for a move.Any of our squad that get a chance to move back to the P/L on better money will be off like a shot. What chance promotion then?As for tactical mistakes(and there have been plenty of them), why is Adams persisting with a back four that cannot defend as a unit and buckle under any sort of pressure from even the most inept opposition. Why is Martin still being played at C/B when we have better options in that position? He was conspicuous by his absence yet again Sunday as Reading  scored their second goal.I was calling for Adams to be replaced much earlier in the season, so am not jumping on any bandwagon here. The players cannot keep digging him out of a hole with the odd good result, they are fighting a losing battle and need better management. We need to be much more professional in our outlook and stop being nice little Norwich.

Some on here were very satisfied about the past 3 or 4 games. Probably only looking at the result and not looking at the way we were playing........it was not good at all, even the big win could not hide our weakness.

Allready thought there is no teamspirit at all. I am curieus what is going to happen coming weeks. I am afraid there are a lot who want to leave this manager... And i think tey are right.

[quote user="Sundowner"]Some on here were very satisfied about the past 3 or 4 games. Probably only looking at the result and not looking at the way we were playing........it was not good at all, even the big win could not hide our weakness.

Allready thought there is no teamspirit at all. I am curieus what is going to happen coming weeks. I am afraid there are a lot who want to leave this manager... And i think tey are right.[/quote]You must be joking?!!No team spirit?!!Oh yeah, no, my bad your right. They limped over the line. They didn''t want it at all. They didn''t want the win, let alone the 11 goals in two home games.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Sundowner"]Some on here were very satisfied about the past 3 or 4 games. Probably only looking at the result and not looking at the way we were playing........it was not good at all, even the big win could not hide our weakness.

Allready thought there is no teamspirit at all. I am curieus what is going to happen coming weeks. I am afraid there are a lot who want to leave this manager... And i think tey are right.[/quote]You must be joking?!!No team spirit?!!Oh yeah, no, my bad your right. They limped over the line. They didn''t want it at all. They didn''t want the win, let alone the 11 goals in two home games.[/quote]

You are only looking at the final results, not at the way they reached these results and against whom they had these results....

Orford65 Wrote

"Grabban was on fire at the start of the season until Numpty decided Jerome was going to be his main man and shoved him aside. Not saying that Jerome is not a better striker, but a proper manager would have handled the situation better. Unloved and unwanted, Grabban is a shadow of his former self and will look for a move."

hang on?....Grabban went 9 matches without scoring, he had plenty of time to come good. Adams favouritism for him over Hooper for at least 4 weeks too long was one of the reasons we slipped from top to 11th.

the point here is that Redmond ISN''T out of form.....quite the opposite, yet appears to have become a fall guy...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]@Morty- yes that baffling. We were playing Reading, a team who had not won in 5 and were not exactly high on confidence. If we have any pretension of getting promoted we should be taking the game to teams like this not starting with a ''keep it tight'' style of play, home or away.

We won 6-1 last week. Any sensible manager would want to ride that confidence and keep his team together- by dropping our biggest attacking threat he essentially said to both us and Reading that we would not be taking the game to them. Ridiculous in the extreme.[/quote]Redmond was awful when he came on yesterday.Whatever is going on with him right now, I can see why he is being used sparingly.[/quote]

He was awful probably because he got dropped from a winning side. It is very hard for some of the players to respect a manager who they watched running the youth side last year. Every crazy managerial decision will seem crazier when made by the youth coach.

[quote user="Sundowner"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Sundowner"]Some on here were very satisfied about the past 3 or 4 games. Probably only looking at the result and not looking at the way we were playing........it was not good at all, even the big win could not hide our weakness.

Allready thought there is no teamspirit at all. I am curieus what is going to happen coming weeks. I am afraid there are a lot who want to leave this manager... And i think tey are right.[/quote]You must be joking?!!No team spirit?!!Oh yeah, no, my bad your right. They limped over the line. They didn''t want it at all. They didn''t want the win, let alone the 11 goals in two home games.[/quote]

You are only looking at the final results, not at the way they reached these results and against whom they had these results....[/quote]Yeah, because you don''t get results like a 6-1 win if you have no team spirit!!You ever played a team sport?! If there is no team spirit you lose. You don''t fight for each other, you don''t support each other and you don''t play for the manager.Sorry, but I have seen little of that this season. And your very daft to suggest that results have nothing to do with it.

There wasn''t much team spirit and playing for each other against Reading and if that performance can be classed as playing for the manager - then he''s doomed!

[quote user="Newton"]With this midfield set up we qare going nowhere = yes we fortunately beat a very poor Wigan team 1-0

But with exactlly the same team & tactics we have

Lost to Notts Forrest away

Drew first half at home to Huddersfield

Let in 2 against derby in 53 mins

Let in 2 in first half today

ADAMS IT DONT WORK U FOOL

We must start every game with either Redmond or Hooly in team (if not both)

Only an idiot leaves all our attacking flair on the bench

Adams its time to go & take Delia with you

Falling income year on year - this club is on a downward spiral with those 2 in post[/quote]
you will of course be submitting your CV for the role should Adams depart...