Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Adams - Another tactical mistake

With this midfield set up we qare going nowhere = yes we fortunately beat a very poor Wigan team 1-0

But with exactlly the same team & tactics we have

Lost to Notts Forrest away

Drew first half at home to Huddersfield

Let in 2 against derby in 53 mins

Let in 2 in first half today

ADAMS IT DONT WORK U FOOL

We must start every game with either Redmond or Hooly in team (if not both)

Only an idiot leaves all our attacking flair on the bench

Adams its time to go & take Delia with you

Falling income year on year - this club is on a downward spiral with those 2 in post

...apparantly not....there are plenty on these forums who seem to favour this midfield away from home .....(and even for some at home).....as it apparantly enables us to "keep it tight in the first half ...and then make changes and go for the kill in the second"

.....of course this plan rather falls down somewhat if we go behind in a match.

lets see how many are championing this approach for the next game??

It was a negative, cowardly, Hughtonesque line up and approach that got exactly what it deserved. Not very in keeping with Neeyul''s ''We''re going to play to our strengths and attack teams from the off'' guff that he has continually spouted along with many other empty, ill advised pr statements to keep the deluded happy clappers dribbling. He is so out of his depth it''s embarrassing. Still it''s not his fault he has been thrust into a position he had no right in being in the first place. What a shambles.

Attack is the best form of defence in this league. When we are going forward we look like league-winners. When we''re going backwards we''re an utter shambles. Adam''s needs to see that and play to our strengths, not really on a tight defence because this team just isn''t up to it.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]If i was Redmond i wouldnt hang around at NCFC for too long.[/quote]

couldnt agree more....Redmond is one of the most powerful weapons in this league.....yet we have a manager who apparantly cannot find a away of incorporating him into our team.

thats failing on the managers part......Redmond may aswell be sitting on the bench at a Premier League club like Southampton or Stoke than sit on the bench here

Would start for every team in this division and even a handfull of prem sides every week. But not for us. Just poor. Just dont understand. Had to come on and change the game vs Huddersfield and Derby. And was good when starting vs Millwall. That 4 CMs has only worked once and that was against the only team in the league on a worse run than us.

We seem to have some very nice pieces of a jigsaw but unfortunately they just won''t fit together.

It almost looks as if we have the pieces of two, or even three jigsaws, but not the pieces to create the final puzzle that we need.

Too many of our players are not complimenting other players and are not being complemented by other players.

It needs a shake up and that could well mean getting rid of some of the ''better'' players to improve the overall team.

And, as anyone who does jigsaws knows, if the pieces don''t fit, whatever you do you can''t force them into place.

- Redmond HAS to start

- Howson needs to be in the middle

- Need to fit Hoolahan into the side

- 4 CMs please no more

- Martin isnt a CB

Ruddy

Whittaker Bennett Cuellar Olsson

Redmond Tettey Howson Johnson

Hooper Jerome

most combinations that we logically have available to us can beat any team in this league, even when we have 4 centre mids playing, however why make it harder for yourself? I wish this question was put to Adams.

just back from this ''home'' fixture and saying  We must start every game with either Redmond or Hooly in team (if not both) FYI   Hooly is not the answer if he plays as he did today

i can''t see what the complication is ??

i think its generally agreed that if we play 2 strikers,Redmond and Hoolahan in the team , we were too open.

On the other hand ,when we ,like we did in the first half today, play 4 central midfielders , we''re too negative as we have no width,pace or creativity to link the midfield to the attack

the happy medium was the one which we played only 48 HOURS AGO !!...by play with Redmond as an out and out winger on one side,with Johnson counter balancing it on the left..................ad then today Adams decides to change that side which won 6-1.

unbelievable

Not really, they went with the team which should have performed but yet again were not at the races. I fully praised the players on Friday today they didn''t turn up. Even Redmond and Wes were lachlustre again when they came on.

Down to our inconsistant performances this year.

2014 has been frustrating to say the least and I for one can''t see us threatening to top 2, it will be good just to finish top 6.

Not being negative just realistic that tjis squad does have the tallent on paper but can''t deliver on a consistant bases.

I''ll keep my fingers crossed for continuing winning at home and hope to pick up enough points to get into the top 6.

As must have become obvious to all this is the natural outcome of the board''s managerial appointment strategy. If we had appointed Lennon we would be heading back to the PL.

That makes me laugh when people are so sure......never any gaurantees to whoever is the manager.

Our performance today didn''t deserve anything. But other games we have played we should have won.....it wouldn''t have mattered who was on the sideline.

We have to accept that we have a big squad off good players who for whatever reason can''t be consistant.

The one thing we are missing is a leader on the pitch that I do believe needs addressing.

Indy - the one thing we are missing is a Manager with any tactical nouce

First 10 games he went gung-ho all out attack did well until teams worked out how to play us

Next 8 games - absolutely clueless as far as tactics were concerned, results appealing

Last 8 games results improved, gone ultra negative, but not good enough

Delia why is he still there - he don''t know what he is doing ?

I did do a double take when the team was announced- I understand games are coming thick and fast but who changes a team that won 6-1? Baffling decision but not the first this season and not exactly unexpected.

[quote user="king canary"]I did do a double take when the team was announced- I understand games are coming thick and fast but who changes a team that won 6-1? Baffling decision but not the first this season and not exactly unexpected.[/quote]Cueller is injured, and Tettey suits the tactical formation we prefer, especially away from home.That baffling?

[quote user="Newton"]Indy - the one thing we are missing is a Manager with any tactical nouce

First 10 games he went gung-ho all out attack did well until teams worked out how to play us

Next 8 games - absolutely clueless as far as tactics were concerned, results appealing

Last 8 games results improved, gone ultra negative, but not good enough

Delia why is he still there - he don''t know what he is doing ?[/quote]Couldnt agree more Newton , he is in a job because Delia and Hubby wanted him and however badly we do this season he will still be here for the same reason . No he hasnt got a clue , his level is managing a school football team , worst manager City have had for years and arrogant with it , blames everything but his 5hit management .

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]i can''t see what the complication is ??

i think its generally agreed that if we play 2 strikers,Redmond and Hoolahan in the team , we were too open.

On the other hand ,when we ,like we did in the first half today, play 4 central midfielders , we''re too negative as we have no width,pace or creativity to link the midfield to the attack

the happy medium was the one which we played only 48 HOURS AGO !!...by play with Redmond as an out and out winger on one side,with Johnson counter balancing it on the left..................ad then today Adams decides to change that side which won 6-1.

unbelievable[/quote]

I am seriously wondering just how many appreciate that there is a difference in playing a game away from home, as opposed to at home.Really people?

Those that go to games see with there eyes the difference the team plays with either Hooly or Redmond in the team

Basically yes it is foolish to play both as is opens up midfield, Millwall had there best spell when we had those 2 on the pitch and 2 forwards

What most of us can see is that u can only play one up top if u play Hooly (he needs to be behind the striker for goodness sake and not left wind a la Reading), or u can play 2 forwards with Redmond on the right as Millwall

One plays the other on the bench to come on later - to not start with either & keep throwing both on at half time is stupid - is it a ploy to give the opposition a head start before we smash them ?

This highlights again that he is clueless, as a defensive set up in midfield does not keep the game tight as performances show

Morty talking about our tactics away from home. The only time 4 midfielders gas worked was vs Wigan who were on a worse run than us. We had to bring Redmond on to change things vs Huddersfield and Derby. Arguably the best player in this division and our manager cant find a way of getting him in. I understand wanting to change tactics for some away games but we were playing a poor Reading side. Why dont we try taking the game to them. We went with 4 midfielders away from home and conceded 2 goals again.

Not sure about the rest of this thread - but I agree that Redmond needs to be incorporated into the starting line-up.
Not only is he something none of the top teams in this division can match - like someone said, if he''s sitting on the bench here for every away game he might as well go do that for Southampton with a massive pay-rise and potentially a better place to develop.
Again, quite simply I think we''ve been naive in thinking because playing 4 central midfielders has worked a couple of times, it''ll continue to work. The art to management is changing things BEFORE they fail. It''s hard but i''d have thought with confidence now re-installed and the back 4 looking far more solid than previously it''d be right to start playing at least one out-and-out winger.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Morty talking about our tactics away from home. The only time 4 midfielders gas worked was vs Wigan who were on a worse run than us. We had to bring Redmond on to change things vs Huddersfield and Derby. Arguably the best player in this division and our manager cant find a way of getting him in. I understand wanting to change tactics for some away games but we were playing a poor Reading side. Why dont we try taking the game to them. We went with 4 midfielders away from home and conceded 2 goals again.[/quote]We conceded a dubious penalty, but for the second we lapsed back into stupid mistakes. Which, in my opinion, bears out the management''s decision to keep playing things slightly cautious, for the minute.Unfortunately pretty much everyone had an awful game yesterday, Redmond included, but thats not something you can legislate for.Fans (and this isn''t aimed primarily at you) really need to be getting over this "we are better than everyone else, we should just attack" attitude. Mainly because it is fairly obviously not the case.