Sign in to follow this  
Newton

What has hap[p[ened to our FA Youth Cup Winning team ?

In the intervening years between Sutton and now, relatively little was actually invested in our youth set up, its only comparatively recently that we have actually developed it into the fine system it is today.

Newton please do tell what part of winning the youth cup Loza & Gaffiti played as both were too old.

Of the side one the keeper wasn''t ours, one regular plus a couple of subs have been released, three are on loan and there have been first team appearances by five.

Have a look at the players who''ve won Youth Cups with other clubs. With the exception of Manchester United the success rate is not high.even United with their superstars lineup lost to a Leeds eleven from which very few emerged with a long career.

We had two or three who may make it & who blended into an effective side with good management & team spirit. To think that they would come through en bloc is pie in the sky.

Simmo the point was about the value of the so called bench warmers. What do you do with them you can''t have 15 players on the pitch so what do you do place kids on the bench because the seniors are costing to much to sit on the subs bench.

Plus simmo you''re a class A helmet as well. Case closed

A few players are coming through, some out on loan.  Josh Murphy has been given a few chances. Jacob Murphy is playing for Blackpool on loan. Jamar Loza has been on loan to a few clubs. Harry Toffolo is at Swindon, Carlton Morris is at York.
If we get even one or two regulars out of these, it will be a success for the club.

FA Youth Cup 2005

Winners Ipswich Supple, Synott, Krause, Haynes, Casement , Collins, Moore, Lordan, Knights, Trotter, Craig

Hardly any household names

Runners up Southampton including Walcott, Dyer, Best, Cranie, McGoldrick Lallana

[quote user="alartz"]Simmo the point was about the value of the so called bench warmers. What do you do with them you can''t have 15 players on the pitch so what do you do place kids on the bench because the seniors are costing to much to sit on the subs bench.

Plus simmo you''re a class A helmet as well. Case closed[/quote]

Why get abusive when its quite obvious you are another clueless happy clapping fan.

We have been losing matches and had a choice of 2no centre backs and a full back to change the match to a winning position.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]FA Youth Cup 2005

Winners Ipswich Supple, Synott, Krause, Haynes, Casement , Collins, Moore, Lordan, Knights, Trotter, Craig

Hardly any household names

Runners up Southampton including Walcott, Dyer, Best, Cranie, McGoldrick Lallana[/quote]With a certain Gareth Bale on the bench. Out of the games i looked at, Soton are far ahead of everyone in bringing players through.[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Youth_Cup_Finals[/url]

As I said from the start, going for academy one statues is wrong. I believe it costs us 2 million a year and on matter how you look at it, we will not break even by selling players. PS If anyone thinks our Youth Cup winning players are not good enough, it just shows what a good job Adams did !

[quote user="alartz"]Simmo the point was about the value of the so called bench warmers. What do you do with them you can''t have 15 players on the pitch so what do you do place kids on the bench because the seniors are costing to much to sit on the subs bench.

Plus simmo you''re a class A helmet as well. Case closed[/quote]Do you mind if I borrow the phrase "Class A helmet" please? I feel I could get good use from it, at the moment.[;)]

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]statues = status [/quote]I totally agree, we shouldn''t be spunking money away on statues.[;)]