Sign in to follow this  
Newton

What has hap[p[ened to our FA Youth Cup Winning team ?

What has happened to Murphy / Loza & the rest of his Cup winning team

Wasent he supposed to be bringing them through the ranks

Adams has ditched that idea very quickly & has spent millions on bench warmers (centre halves & forwards who dont play & we dont need but are on a packet

Other clubs including Derby, Middlesborough, Notts Forrest, Reading etc use there bench to blood youngsters - but not good old Norwich ?????

A few are on loan, also a few have been involved with the first team.Seriously, don''t you know anything about Norwich City?

Are squad was always going to be too big to bring them thru. Where would McFadden or Gafaiti get in front of Turner, Cuellar, R.Bennett, Martin, Hooiveld, Miquel. Or McGeehan in front of O''Neill, Tettey, Johnson, Howson, Hoolahan. Loza or Morris are behind Hooper, Jerome, Lafferty, Grabban. Lets use the FA Cup to give some of the others a game:

Rudd

E.Bennett Turner Miquel Garrido

McGeehan O''Neill

Murphy Hoolahan Lafferty

Grabban

Bunn Hooiveld Whittaker Howson King Jerome Loza

So Newton you''re going on about how a fa youth winning manager isn''t anywhere near good enough to manage a championship side. (Agreed)

You now think the same 11 players should be drafted into a top half championship football team?

Yeah ok....

[quote user="Newton"]What has happened to Murphy / Loza & the rest of his Cup winning team

Adams has ditched that idea very quickly & has spent millions on bench warmers (centre halves & forwards who dont play & we dont need but are on a packet

Other clubs including Derby, Middlesborough, Notts Forrest, Reading etc use there bench to blood youngsters - but not good old Norwich ?????[/quote]

I totally agree Newton, if you look back in history of FA youth cup winning sides, you would expect at least 1 to be a 1st team regular by now. I think you will find there is something not quite right at Colney with all the youngsters, that''s why youth team got knocked out of youth cup by Doncaster recently and U21''s lost to Thetford in Senior cup.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Newton"]What has happened to Murphy / Loza & the rest of his Cup winning team

Other clubs including Derby, Middlesborough, Notts Forrest, Reading etc use there bench to blood youngsters - but not good old Norwich ?????[/quote]

I totally agree Newton, if you look back in history of FA youth cup winning sides, you would expect at least 1 to be a 1st team regular by now. I think you will find there is something not quite right at Colney with all the youngsters, that''s why youth team got knocked out of youth cup by Doncaster recently and U21''s lost to Thetford in Senior cup.[/quote]Josh Murphy has featured, remember him?Ooh, look back at the history of FA youth cup winning sides? Do you have some interesting stats you want to spring on us?Who are these youngsters that other teams are "blooding"?

Morty & Alartz

Fantastic comments from armchair laptop fans

U know so much about the club from that position - what u going to do when we in League 1 - no internet football then ?

Neither have a clue about anything other than attacking those with a valid view point

Mine being - Adams has filled the bench with costly subs he dont use when we could be using the opportunity to bring thro youth players

Some weeks 3 x centre halves on the bench & £6M worth of forwards. others a £10M winger & Hooly - what good does it do us very little indeed

My point was why pay all that money for bench warmers - yes bench warmers

What are your views - of course I forgot u have not got one - only abuse

What a pair of first class loosers

Oh and of course there are other threads on this board saying who else we should sign - are there any more places on the bench for them ?

[quote user="Newton"]Morty & Alartz

Fantastic comments from armchair laptop fans

U know so much about the club from that position - what u going to do when we in League 1 - no internet football then ?

Neither have a clue about anything other than attacking those with a valid view point

Mine being - Adams has filled the bench with costly subs he dont use when we could be using the opportunity to bring thro youth players

Some weeks 3 x centre halves on the bench & £6M worth of forwards. others a £10M winger & Hooly - what good does it do us very little indeed

My point was why pay all that money for bench warmers - yes bench warmers

What are your views - of course I forgot u have not got one - only abuse

What a pair of first class loosers[/quote]*Losers.Anyone with a few brain cells to rub together would spot that perhaps the youngsters aren''t quite ready. Have you considered this at all?Rather than create some fantastic conspiracy theory maybe?

With what Adams is doing they never will be - more players to come in jan

On the bench each week there should have been at ;least 1 youth player - why does he sign players we dont need, cant aford long term and do not play - can u answer that Morty

Oh Morty - we now have 3 Prem League centre halves on the books that he signed in the summer plus Turner who cant get in the team - Morty what is that all about - can u explain please ?

I agree with Newton

It seems to me having a strong squad is a recipe for disaster, I suspect the strength and depth of our squad has the hand of Delia all over it.......erm.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Newton"]What has happened to Murphy / Loza & the rest of his Cup winning team

I totally agree Newton, if you look back in history of FA youth cup winning sides, you would expect at least 1 to be a 1st team regular by now. I think you will find there is something not quite right at Colney with all the youngsters, that''s why youth team got knocked out of youth cup by Doncaster recently and U21''s lost to Thetford in Senior cup.[/quote]Josh Murphy has featured, remember him?Ooh, look back at the history of FA youth cup winning sides? Do you have some interesting stats you want to spring on us?Who are these youngsters that other teams are "blooding"?[/quote]

Its slightly distorted in recent years by Chelsea (N. Chalobah a exception), but Fulhams team from last years final has about 3/4 playing in Championship. Look back 2 years before us winning and Man U Played Sheff utd and a certain P Pogba played and many other players who seem to have been around for years.

[quote user="Newton"]With what Adams is doing they never will be - more players to come in jan

On the bench each week there should have been at ;least 1 youth player - why does he sign players we dont need, cant aford long term and do not play - can u answer that Morty

Oh Morty - we now have 3 Prem League centre halves on the books that he signed in the summer plus Turner who cant get in the team - Morty what is that all about - can u explain please ?[/quote]What part of "Perhaps they aren''t ready for regular, grown up football" are you struggling with.Do you have a grown up there that can, perhaps, explain?

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Newton"]What has happened to Murphy / Loza & the rest of his Cup winning team

I totally agree Newton, if you look back in history of FA youth cup winning sides, you would expect at least 1 to be a 1st team regular by now. I think you will find there is something not quite right at Colney with all the youngsters, that''s why youth team got knocked out of youth cup by Doncaster recently and U21''s lost to Thetford in Senior cup.[/quote]Josh Murphy has featured, remember him?Ooh, look back at the history of FA youth cup winning sides? Do you have some interesting stats you want to spring on us?Who are these youngsters that other teams are "blooding"?[/quote]

Its slightly distorted in recent years by Chelsea (N. Chalobah a exception), but Fulhams team from last years final has about 3/4 playing in Championship. Look back 2 years before us winning and Man U Played Sheff utd and a certain P Pogba played and many other players who seem to have been around for years.[/quote]Wow, conclusive indeed.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Newton"]What has happened to Murphy / Loza & the rest of his Cup winning team

Its slightly distorted in recent years by Chelsea (N. Chalobah a exception), but Fulhams team from last years final has about 3/4 playing in Championship. Look back 2 years before us winning and Man U Played Sheff utd and a certain P Pogba played and many other players who seem to have been around for years.[/quote]Wow, conclusive indeed.[/quote]That was a just few examples I Guess you have never heard of P Pogba. Morty see if you can knock a hole in your Neil Adams NCFC bubble, there is whole new world out there for you to explore.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Newton"]What has happened to Murphy / Loza & the rest of his Cup winning team

Its slightly distorted in recent years by Chelsea (N. Chalobah a exception), but Fulhams team from last years final has about 3/4 playing in Championship. Look back 2 years before us winning and Man U Played Sheff utd and a certain P Pogba played and many other players who seem to have been around for years.[/quote]Wow, conclusive indeed.[/quote]That was a just few examples I Guess you have never heard of P Pogba. Morty see if you can knock a hole in your Neil Adams NCFC bubble, there is whole new world out there for you to explore.[/quote]Yes, I am away of P Pogba.No need to be a dick though, is there. Your examples hardly support any theory that every other football team, other than Norwich City are being more proactive in developing their youth.Have you perhaps considered my earlier point that they are not quite good enough yet? That maybe the FA cup winning side was about a group of lads who massively over achieved, based on teamwork, rather than being a Man Utd standard crop of youngsters?Could that actually be the case, rather than silly conspiracy theories?Could it?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Newton"]What has happened to Murphy / Loza & the rest of his Cup winning team

Its slightly distorted in recent years by Chelsea (N. Chalobah a exception), but Fulhams team from last years final has about 3/4 playing in Championship. Look back 2 years before us winning and Man U Played Sheff utd and a certain P Pogba played and many other players who seem to have been around for years.[/quote]Wow, conclusive indeed.[/quote]That was a just few examples I Guess you have never heard of P Pogba. Morty see if you can knock a hole in your Neil Adams NCFC bubble, there is whole new world out there for you to explore.[/quote]Yes, I am away of P Pogba.No need to be a dick though, is there. Your examples hardly support any theory that every other football team, other than Norwich City are being more proactive in developing their youth.Have you perhaps considered my earlier point that they are not quite good enough yet? That maybe the FA cup winning side was about a group of lads who massively over achieved, based on teamwork, rather than being a Man Utd standard crop of youngsters?Could that actually be the case, rather than silly conspiracy theories?Could it?[/quote]

Don''t keep posting smart arse replies if you don''t like receiving them. I accept your comments but have you considered that the coaching at Colney is woeful and setting all the youngsters back. ie the current youth and u21''s losing very early in cup competitions this season.

Morty wrote from his armchair

Have you perhaps considered my earlier point that they are not quite good enough yet? That maybe the FA cup winning side was about a group of lads who massively over achieved, based on teamwork, rather than being a Man Utd standard crop of youngsters?

If u ignore the best in Europe theory put forward by the board as a joke - surely Adams was appointed on the back of what he achieved with the youth team ?

Or was it that he made a good cup of tea Morty have I missed something ?

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Newton"]What has happened to Murphy / Loza & the rest of his Cup winning team

Its slightly distorted in recent years by Chelsea (N. Chalobah a exception), but Fulhams team from last years final has about 3/4 playing in Championship. Look back 2 years before us winning and Man U Played Sheff utd and a certain P Pogba played and many other players who seem to have been around for years.[/quote]Wow, conclusive indeed.[/quote]That was a just few examples I Guess you have never heard of P Pogba. Morty see if you can knock a hole in your Neil Adams NCFC bubble, there is whole new world out there for you to explore.[/quote]Yes, I am away of P Pogba.No need to be a dick though, is there. Your examples hardly support any theory that every other football team, other than Norwich City are being more proactive in developing their youth.Have you perhaps considered my earlier point that they are not quite good enough yet? That maybe the FA cup winning side was about a group of lads who massively over achieved, based on teamwork, rather than being a Man Utd standard crop of youngsters?Could that actually be the case, rather than silly conspiracy theories?Could it?[/quote]

Don''t keep posting smart arse replies if you don''t like receiving them. I accept your comments but have you considered that the coaching at Colney is woeful and setting all the youngsters back. ie the current youth and u21''s losing very early in cup competitions this season.[/quote]I''ll happily receive them all day mate. If you stop making sweeping generalisations that you can''t quantify, then perhaps you won''t get them.No, I do not accept that the coaching at Colney is woeful, do you have any evidence to support this at all, other than losing a few games? Have you assumed that our youth academy would just sweep all aside?Have you considered that the better players from our youth set up have moved on to be involved with our first team, and go on loan, leaving the academy to move players up, with the inevitable bedding in period?

[quote user="Newton"]Morty wrote from his armchair

Have you perhaps considered my earlier point that they are not quite good enough yet? That maybe the FA cup winning side was about a group of lads who massively over achieved, based on teamwork, rather than being a Man Utd standard crop of youngsters?

If u ignore the best in Europe theory put forward by the board as a joke - surely Adams was appointed on the back of what he achieved with the youth team ?

Or was it that he made a good cup of tea Morty have I missed something ?[/quote]Sorry, where else should I be posting my opinions from, should I go and stand in my garden?

Morty u losing the plot here

To develop young players they need to be brought through the club at a pace that suits them - all other Champ clubs are doing it each week

Adams when he was appointed vowed he would do just that

But what he has actually done is ignore them as he has filled the bench with multi millon pound players he dont use (bench warmers)

Lafferty

Grabham (regular sub)

3 x Premiership centre halves

Morty what is happening can u explain as you appear to know all

If we give him any more money to spend in Jan we will have multi million £ players in the stand - he has lost it

No one is being developed at the club as far as I can see - watched the U21 re Liverpool and most of the youth team played - very few including McGrandles were a patch on the liverpool team

The only ones who performed were

Loza

Bennett

Bunn & Garido

Or did u go & u have an opinion ?

[quote user="Newton"]Morty u losing the plot here

To develop young players they need to be brought through the club at a pace that suits them - all other Champ clubs are doing it each week

Adams when he was appointed vowed he would do just that

But what he has actually done is ignore them as he has filled the bench with multi millon pound players he dont use (bench warmers)

Lafferty

Grabham (regular sub)

3 x Premiership centre halves

Morty what is happening can u explain as you appear to know all

If we give him any more money to spend in Jan we will have multi million £ players in the stand - he has lost it

No one is being developed at the club as far as I can see - watched the U21 re Liverpool and most of the youth team played - very few including McGrandles were a patch on the liverpool team

The only ones who performed were

Loza

Bennett

Bunn & Garido

Or did u go & u have an opinion ?[/quote]Every single other Championship is developing their youth better than we are?I assume you have evidence to back this bombshell up?Just for clarity, your opinion doesn''t count as actual evidence[Y]Yes, I was there, and Reece Hall-Johnson and McGeehan impressed me.

Newton you are a first class idiot mate. Bench warmers?

Right ok let me just put something across to you. ( keeping in mind your comment about fa youth players that are worth what? £250,000 at best? And you want them in the team)

Three strikers

jerome £4 million

Grabban £3 million

Hooper £5 million

One has to go on the bench as 3 strikers on the pitch with no back up is senseless so that''s one place

Rudd speaks for itself

Miquel £1.5 million kid against the experience of Bennett £3.2 million and Martin etc. So that''s three places.

Now for redmond £3 million and hoolahan whatever he was or is now suggest you swap these two for cheaper options to keep the value of the bench down with the kids of say hall-Johnson or mcgrandles maybe

You see where I''m going with this...

You are talking out of your rusty sheriffs badge my friend

[quote user="alartz"]Newton you are a first class idiot mate. Bench warmers?

Right ok let me just put something across to you. ( keeping in mind your comment about fa youth players that are worth what? £250,000 at best? And you want them in the team)

Three strikers

jerome £4 million

Grabban £3 million

Hooper £5 million

One has to go on the bench as 3 strikers on the pitch with no back up is senseless so that''s one place

Rudd speaks for itself

Miquel £1.5 million kid against the experience of Bennett £3.2 million and Martin etc. So that''s three places.

Now for redmond £3 million and hoolahan whatever he was or is now suggest you swap these two for cheaper options to keep the value of the bench down with the kids of say hall-Johnson or mcgrandles maybe

You are talking out of your rusty sheriffs badge my friend[/quote]

If that''s the case Alartz we might as well shut the youth set up down, its costing millions and producing nothing worthy of even being a substitute. To think we had a Youth Cup winning side and not one player deemed good enough to be a substitute in the championship 2 years later is shocking.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="alartz"]Newton you are a first class idiot mate. Bench warmers?

Three strikers

jerome £4 million

Grabban £3 million

Hooper £5 million

Rudd speaks for itself

If that''s the case Alartz we might as well shut the youth set up down, its costing millions and producing nothing worthy of even being a substitute. To think we had a Youth Cup winning side and not one player deemed good enough to be a substitute in the championship 2 years later is shocking.[/quote]*ahem* the Murphys?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="alartz"]Newton you are a first class idiot mate. Bench warmers?

Three strikers

jerome £4 million

Grabban £3 million

Hooper £5 million

Rudd speaks for itself

If that''s the case Alartz we might as well shut the youth set up down, its costing millions and producing nothing worthy of even being a substitute. To think we had a Youth Cup winning side and not one player deemed good enough to be a substitute in the championship 2 years later is shocking.[/quote]*ahem* the Murphys?[/quote]

Was it worth it, I am not sure. How much has it cost, for the odd player since Chris Sutton.