Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

7th 8th 9th 10th

Its quite obvious reading many posts on here that certain fans of NCFC will regard finishing from 7th to 10th as a successful season.

We will have a more experienced manager for the start of next season, F""""" Great.

Next season those certain fans will be happy with 11th to 15th as we are rebuilding or some stupid excuse.

I fear the decline is all downhill with odd month of flattening out.

Wow, if you know whats going on in peoples heads, you should totally get their bank details, while you''re in there.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Its quite obvious reading many posts on here that certain fans of NCFC will regard finishing from 7th to 10th as a successful season.

We will have a more experienced manager for the start of next season, F""""" Great.

Next season those certain fans will be happy with 11th to 15th as we are rebuilding or some stupid excuse.

I fear the decline is all downhill with odd month of flattening out.[/quote]I think you should keep a list of these "fans" and send it to Mr McNally then he could punish them.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Its quite obvious reading many posts on here that certain fans of NCFC will regard finishing from 7th to 10th as a successful season.

I fear the decline is all downhill with odd month of flattening out.[/quote]Who are these ''certain fans'' Simmo?  You should name ''em and shame ''em.The ones I know are very ''uncertain''.

I fear the decline is all downhill with odd month of flattening out.[/quote]It''s quite obvious to me that a large majority of the "supporters" on this message board are either twelve years old, or so emotionally immature that they are unable to contemplate simple facts such as:a) A football season is 46 games longb) We are only just halfway through itc) We are "underachieving" and yet are in 7th place, 3 points off the playoffs and 7 off automatic promotion so the world hasn''t ended just yet (I guess if we were "overachieving" then we''d already have been promoted)d) We have recently brought in a world class coach in Mike Phelan, and it will take a while for the benefits of his appointment to shine through - this isn''t Football Manager 2015 where you can click through four games in an hour.  Real life takes time.e) Nobody, and I really mean nobody, has said that 7th-10th would be successful but please show me where somebody has and perhaps I will take your childish post a bit more seriously and honour you with a fully considered response.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]The happy clappers have spoken, simmo. Concern, disappointment and consternation are not to be taken seriously, addressed, or considered legitimately.[/quote]I think "concerned" is reasonable. I am concerned.  What I''m not going to do is run around as though my hair''s on fire, shrieking "sack the manager! sack the manager!" while we''re 7th in the league, 3 points off a playoff place and 7 points off automatic promotion, with a world class coach newly arrived at the club.

[quote user="ricardo"]anything but promotion will be unacceptable.
[/quote]

QFT

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="ricardo"]anything but promotion will be unacceptable.[/quote]

QFT

[/quote]
[Y]
Haven''t seen or heard anyone say they''d be happy with finishing 7th-10th this season.
I suggest the OP is simply making things up.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

QFT

[/quote]
[Y]
Haven''t seen or heard anyone say they''d be happy with finishing 7th-10th this season.
[/quote]Agreed. Making up nonsense to back up nonsense. A lot of that going on.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="simmo_2"]Its quite obvious reading many posts on here that certain fans of NCFC will regard finishing from 7th to 10th as a successful season.

I fear the decline is all downhill with odd month of flattening out.[/quote]It''s quite obvious to me that a large majority of the "supporters" on this message board are either twelve years old, or so emotionally immature that they are unable to contemplate simple facts such as:a) A football season is 46 games longb) We are only just halfway through itc) We are "underachieving" and yet are in 7th place, 3 points off the playoffs and 7 off automatic promotion so the world hasn''t ended just yet (I guess if we were "overachieving" then we''d already have been promoted)d) We have recently brought in a world class coach in Mike Phelan, and it will take a while for the benefits of his appointment to shine through - this isn''t Football Manager 2015 where you can click through four games in an hour.  Real life takes time.e) Nobody, and I really mean nobody, has said that 7th-10th would be successful but please show me where somebody has and perhaps I will take your childish post a bit more seriously and honour you with a fully considered response.

[/quote]Marvellous[Y]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

QFT

[/quote]
[Y]
[/quote]

To be fare the post is a little longue in cheek.

But many posters are saying give the manager 2.5 years which if we finish 7th - 10th would mean carry on next season.

[quote user="simmo2"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

QFT

[/quote]
[Y]
[/quote]

But many posters are saying give the manager 2.5 years which if we finish 7th - 10th would mean carry on next season.[/quote]Where and who are these many posters?

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="simmo2"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

QFT

[/quote]
[Y]
[/quote]

But many posters are saying give the manager 2.5 years which if we finish 7th - 10th would mean carry on next season.[/quote]Where and who are these many posters?[/quote]

These are posters recent quotes in previous posts.

Plus many fans on here seem happy with our current position which when I last looked was 7th so why will they change there opinion if the team performs exactly the same in the 2nd half of the season as the 1st half?

"Plus many fans on here seem happy with our current position which when I

last looked was 7th so why will they change there opinion if the team

performs exactly the same in the 2nd half of the season as the 1st half?"I''m sorry but you''re still making it up. Nobody is happy with our current position, just some are not panicing and filling their grundies when we get a poor result.

[quote user="Herman "]"Plus many fans on here seem happy with our current position which when I

performs exactly the same in the 2nd half of the season as the 1st half?"I''m sorry but you''re still making it up. Nobody is happy with our current position, just some are not panicing and filling their grundies when we get a poor result.[/quote]

If you go back 1 year, the keep Hughton as manager brigade were saying Im just not panicking (correct spelling) and filling my grundies when we get a poor result.

That all worked out well didn''t it?

[quote user="Herman "]"Plus many fans on here seem happy with our current position which when I

performs exactly the same in the 2nd half of the season as the 1st half?"I''m sorry but you''re still making it up. Nobody is happy with our current position, just some are not panicing and filling their grundies when we get a poor result.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Herman "]"Plus many fans on here seem happy with our current position which when I

performs exactly the same in the 2nd half of the season as the 1st half?"I''m sorry but you''re still making it up. Nobody is happy with our current position, just some are not panicing and filling their grundies when we get a poor result.[/quote]

If you go back 1 year, the keep Hughton as manager brigade were saying Im just not panicking (correct spelling) and filling my grundies when we get a poor result.

That all worked out well didn''t it?[/quote]We''re talking about here and now. Oh, you missed an apostrophe.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Herman "]"Plus many fans on here seem happy with our current position which when I

That all worked out well didn''t it?[/quote]We''re talking about here and now. Oh, you missed an apostrophe.

[/quote]In the here and now the same half wits that kept telling us not to wet our pants as Hughton would keep us up are now telling us all will be ok if we stick with the cabbage in charge now .These people are not football people they just go along with whatever the club do even if it is a laughable decision like putting the radio man in the managers seat , they are best ignored  as they do as much harm to the club as the dried up old cook .

The Times Fink tank stats prediction model continues to have us finishing in the play offs,  finishing 6th,  7 points off the second auto spot with 74 points.  It also predicts that the top 7 teams will remain the same - with Bournemouth and Boro finishing in the top two spots.

The also rate us the second strongest side in the league,  behind Boro,  giving us the 6th best attack and 2nd best defence. 

81 points for second place does remain possible for us; 44 points from 22 games is possible in this league & we have the squad,  if used properly by the management and the players are self motivated enough to want it consistently enough,  to make it happen.  

There is still everything to play for - the coaching and playing staff simply need to start performing to their potential.

http://www.dectech.co.uk/football_sites/football/seasonend_overall.php

http://www.dectech.co.uk/football_sites/football/rankings.php

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

The Times Fink tank stats prediction model continues to have us finishing in the play offs,  finishing 6th,  7 points off the second auto spot with 74 points.  It also predicts that the top 7 teams will remain the same - with Bournemouth and Boro finishing in the top two spots.

The also rate us the second strongest side in the league,  behind Boro,  giving us the 6th best attack and 2nd best defence. 

81 points for second place does remain possible for us; 44 points from 22 games is possible in this league & we have the squad,  if used properly by the management and the players are self motivated enough to want it consistently enough,  to make it happen.  

There is still everything to play for - the coaching and playing staff simply need to start performing to their potential.

http://www.dectech.co.uk/football_sites/football/seasonend_overall.php

http://www.dectech.co.uk/football_sites/football/rankings.php

[/quote]I can guarantee you that teams above us will drop points.[Y]

It''s the Championship so anythings possible but it would take a bloody good run from us now to finish in the top 2.
Bring it on, i suppose [:D]

[quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Herman "]"Plus many fans on here seem happy with our current position which when I

[/quote]In the here and now the same half wits that kept telling us not to wet our pants as Hughton would keep us up are now telling us all will be ok if we stick with the cabbage in charge now .These people are not football people they just go along with whatever the club do even if it is a laughable decision like putting the radio man in the managers seat , they are best ignored  as they do as much harm to the club as the dried up old cook .[/quote]Some of us don''t agree with what the board does but don''t see how whining on like a 12 year old,who got the wrong present for Christmas, will help the club. People like yourself harm the club by constantly being divisive, making derogatory comments about people who are trying to run the club, good and bad, and generally acting like a spoilt brat.Whether we like or dislike their decisions, the board try to do what is best for the club and as a supporter i have to support their decisions, because,mostly, i haven''t a choice in the matter.

This time when we went up in 2010/11 with Lambert we had 42 points, atm we have 37. We need to go on the run like we did before. Although I don''t think we''ll be quite as good as we were last time going up despite now having a better squad, the thing that gives me hope is that the two other best teams in this league; Bournemouth and Derby are not as strong as QPR, Swansea and Cardiff were when we went up last time.

[quote user="morty"]
I can guarantee you that teams above us will drop points.

[Y]
[/quote]

So?   You can also guarantee that we too will drop points. 

We just have to drop fewer than the teams above us.   We gain points at 2 per game and we will probably get promoted - we can do that and its in our own hands to do so   

I wasn''t starting an argument, I was agreeing with your post and adding that teams above us will drop points.

[quote user="morty"]I wasn''t starting an argument, I was agreeing with your post and adding that teams above us will drop points.[/quote]

Great knowledge, Barcelona & Real Madrid will drop more points this season, so will Chelsea, Manchester City oh and every single club in Europe.