Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Bournemouth won't get automatic promotion

I went to university there and admire the club

However they won''t go up as they are still a very small club and their finances are limited and will probably lose some of their better players in January. Although that''s just my opinion that''s what I think will happen

This could be an interesting window for teams at the top of the championship, more for who departs rather than who comes in. I''d be a bit nervous I supported he scum.

As for us, I think we will keep the whole squad.

Time will tell, and history shows that small clubs tend to fall away as the season wears on, but I genuinely think Bournemouth can win the league. Their fitness levels and style of football were both excellent when they came down to Carrow Road, and at the moment they are scoring goals for fun and looking very confident. If they can keep hold of Callum Wilson then they''ve definitely got a chance, and Eddie Howe is growing as a manager all the time. The bookies have them as favourites, so they''re clearly not confident in them falling away. Hopefully we''ll pip them for the title and Ipswich will lose in the playoffs... [:)]

Any departures for us won''t be through ''cherry picking (no pun)There will be those who will ''slip away''Becchio, Bassong, Garrrido, but no ''stars'' moving on

Bournemouth lost over £13m the year before, on gates of £5m. That cannot be sustained, and the sale of Grabban suggests they may well be vunerable to predatory bids.However the thing is, most PL clubs do not buy from the Championship, and movement out of a Championship club is often simply one of better wages

[quote user="City1st"]Any departures for us won''t be through ''cherry picking (no pun)There will be those who will ''slip away''Becchio, Bassong, Garrrido, but no ''stars'' moving on

Bournemouth lost over £13m the year before, on gates of £5m. That cannot be sustained, and the sale of Grabban suggests they may well be vunerable to predatory bids.However the thing is, most PL clubs do not buy from the Championship, and movement out of a Championship club is often simply one of better wages

[/quote]They signed Callum Wilson for about £3m to replace him, though, as well as signing Surman. The unimaginable riches of the Premier League would completely change the club, and I think the players are very galvanised behind Eddie Howe. I reckon Wilson might be subject to a bid from a lower Prem team, but they''d use the cash to replace him and I doubt any of their other players would leave at this juncture. I genuinely believe they''re going to finish in the top two.

yep I hope we don''t lose any ''major'' players... ruddy,redmond, (Liverpool?)

and hooper now playing well too....

we need some1 to buy or scum lose 1 or 2 or there ''best'' 3 ... yes all hard working to be where they are but soon as something happens to tabb,murphy and mcgoldrick it will be interesting to see how they get on ....

Well feedthewolf that''s you and Claridge who seem pretty confident.

Thing is it''s hard for any team to maintain form for the whole season with the squad sizes and fixture numbers we have, there is still a long way to go and nobody has broken away from the pack.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="City1st"]Any departures for us won''t be through ''cherry picking (no pun)There will be those who will ''slip away''Becchio, Bassong, Garrrido, but no ''stars'' moving on

[/quote]They signed Callum Wilson for about £3m to replace him, though, as well as signing Surman. The unimaginable riches of the Premier League would completely change the club, and I think the players are very galvanised behind Eddie Howe. I reckon Wilson might be subject to a bid from a lower Prem team, but they''d use the cash to replace him and I doubt any of their other players would leave at this juncture. I genuinely believe they''re going to finish in the top two.[/quote]

err, that rather misses the point

which was they were unable to stop Grabban moving... to another Championship club

in fact their past seasons have been one of the best players moving on, and as said elsewhere, you need strength in depth which Bournemouth don''t have

It appears they have made a lot of investment in the club''s infrastructure to complement their progressive footballing approach. They certainly have the quality as a team to win the league and survive in the premiership. Contrasting that to our own approach we''ve made certain infrastructure investments but have neglected the most important aspect, ie the footballing side of things. If we got promoted (unlikely) then we''d not have much to offer over the usual lower prem sides and hence have a hard job to survive.

[quote user="tenpenny"]It appears they have made a lot of investment in the club''s infrastructure to complement their progressive footballing approach. They certainly have the quality as a team to win the league and survive in the premiership. Contrasting that to our own approach we''ve made certain infrastructure investments but have neglected the most important aspect, ie the footballing side of things. If we got promoted (unlikely) then we''d not have much to offer over the usual lower prem sides and hence have a hard job to survive.[/quote]far cough bin boy !

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="tenpenny"]It appears they have made a lot of investment in the club''s infrastructure to complement their progressive footballing approach. They certainly have the quality as a team to win the league and survive in the premiership. Contrasting that to our own approach we''ve made certain infrastructure investments but have neglected the most important aspect, ie the footballing side of things. If we got promoted (unlikely) then we''d not have much to offer over the usual lower prem sides and hence have a hard job to survive.[/quote]far cough bin boy ![/quote]Merry Christmas Herman.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="City1st"]Any departures for us won''t be through ''cherry picking (no pun)There will be those who will ''slip away''Becchio, Bassong, Garrrido, but no ''stars'' moving on

[/quote]They signed Callum Wilson for about £3m to replace him, though, as well as signing Surman. The unimaginable riches of the Premier League would completely change the club, and I think the players are very galvanised behind Eddie Howe. I reckon Wilson might be subject to a bid from a lower Prem team, but they''d use the cash to replace him and I doubt any of their other players would leave at this juncture. I genuinely believe they''re going to finish in the top two.[/quote]

err, that rather misses the point

which was they were unable to stop Grabban moving... to another Championship club

in fact their past seasons have been one of the best players moving on, and as said elsewhere, you need strength in depth which Bournemouth don''t have

[/quote]That was in the summer, though. Doubt many of their players would leave for another Championship club in January with them top of the table. Reminds me of the Reading team that won the Championship a few years back - minimum turnover of players, unchanged team, good footballing philosophy. Sure they''ll need a bit of luck with injuries, suspensions and the like, but I think everyone understands the system and style of play, and players will slot in pretty neatly. Still back them to make the top two.

way, way out of their depth - with only backing from a dodgy russian more interested in the land around the ground than the team, as was their previous ownerthe idea that a club with a capacity of 12,000, that with a temporary stand, could survive in the PL is laughablebuying your way into the PL might be acceptable for some, but if there is any justice they will head back to where they came from

Bournemouth are owned by a Russian oligarch.

Delia and the club are stable where money is concerned.

Who of us and them do you think will sell their key players?

I''ll answer my own ''cryptic'' question then: Bournemouth will go with we''ve what they''ve got, plus a couple of additions, and we''ll go with we''ve what we''ve got, with no additions.

And I''d suggest putting good money on the both of us gaining promotion.

[quote user="City1st"]the idea that a club with a capacity of 12,000, that with a temporary stand, could survive in the PL is laughable[/quote]They''re planning to expand their capacity to 18,000, compare that to Swansea''s attendances of around 20,000. It''s easy to gloat, but the facts are that since Delia has taken over we''ve p1$$3d millions up the wall going round in circles and been overtaken by clubs like Bournmouth and Swansea who have backed their managers in playing progressive football. Perhaps our club ought to be trying to figure out what they''re doing right instead of following the same discredited kick and rush formula season after season?

What the hell is progressive football, and is it anyway better than playing ''normal'' football?

I personally can''t see Brentford maintaining the pace and will fall away. Remember 23 games still to go, so massive of opportunities to chuck points away yet, and if we know the championship, we know that chucking points away is what 99% of teams do at some point, even at home to Blackpool.

[quote user="tenpenny"][quote user="City1st"]the idea that a club with a capacity of 12,000, that with a temporary stand, could survive in the PL is laughable[/quote]They''re planning to expand their capacity to 18,000, compare that to Swansea''s attendances of around 20,000. It''s easy to gloat, but the facts are that since Delia has taken over we''ve p1$$3d millions up the wall going round in circles and been overtaken by clubs like Bournmouth and Swansea who have backed their managers in playing progressive football. Perhaps our club ought to be trying to figure out what they''re doing right instead of following the same discredited kick and rush formula season after season?[/quote]

There are NO PLANS to increase the capacity nor would it be possibleNow why take my previous bit of advice and far cough back to the land of the thieving binner.

The "we" actually relates to his own team in all of his ten a penny posts. He''s just so dim, he posts it here rather than his own site TWTD.

Bmth fan in peaces.

The only reason AFCB lost Grabban to you was that he had a £3m buy out clause in his contract. Think we did well to pass him on for £3m as he almost went to Brighton last January for £1m but we renegotiated his contract. His only motive for moving was the largely inflated pay packet you''re paying him to get splinters up his behind sitting on your bench. I believe we have got a much better deal with Callum Wilson and still got change from the deal. No other current players have buy out clauses so don''t expect any to leave in Jan and half expecting a couple of decent buys. The current owner appears to back Eddie Howe in the transfer market and the board have publicly stated they are looking to expand the ground to 18,000 hopefully this summer. UTCIAD

[quote user="Redstan"]Bmth fan in peaces.

The only reason AFCB lost Grabban to you was that he had a £3m buy out clause in his contract. Think we did well to pass him on for £3m as he almost went to Brighton last January for £1m but we renegotiated his contract. His only motive for moving was the largely inflated pay packet you''re paying him to get splinters up his behind sitting on your bench. I believe we have got a much better deal with Callum Wilson and still got change from the deal. No other current players have buy out clauses so don''t expect any to leave in Jan and half expecting a couple of decent buys. The current owner appears to back Eddie Howe in the transfer market and the board have publicly stated they are looking to expand the ground to 18,000 hopefully this summer. UTCIAD[/quote]not very believable, otherwise you would not have posted up that guffthe point made about players leaving for better wages is just my point - and you have NO idea of what clauses are in player''s contractsnot sure about splinters but he has certainly scored as requiredFFP will limit what you can spendas to the twaddle about increasing the capacity that can only be done by filling in the corners, or building a new stand to replace the temporary stand... the latter could not be done over the summer - any Cherries fan would know thatlikewise, as AFCB don''t own the ground the decision is not theirsso jog on troll

[quote user="City1st"]There are NO PLANS to increase the capacity[/quote][url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30169243]Cherries plan 18,000 stadium expansion[/url]

[quote user="City1st"]nor would it be possible[/quote][quote user="City1st"]increasing the capacity that can only be done by filling in the corners, or building a new stand to replace the temporary stand[/quote]You contradicted yourself there, not possible suddenly turned into possible!

[quote user="tenpenny"][quote user="City1st"]There are NO PLANS to increase the capacity[/quote][url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30169243]Cherries plan 18,000 stadium expansion[/url]

[quote user="City1st"]nor would it be possible[/quote][quote user="City1st"]increasing the capacity that can only be done by filling in the corners, or building a new stand to replace the temporary stand[/quote]You contradicted yourself there, not possible suddenly turned into possible![/quote]

oh dearpoor old bin boythere are no plans anymore than there are for Carrow Road, though the not too bright would refer to statements made by the club that they are looking at it, as being planscurrently it is not possible to fill in the corners or build a new south stand and as they are all that could be done ... it is not possible

I think you''ll find that the manager has confirmed that no current AFCB players have release clauses in their contracts so yes I do know this as a fact.

And you are wrong regarding the ground expansion. The club owns the end of the ground where the current temporary stand sits. We only sold the ground up to a line approximately level with the penalty spot. The current temporary stand has a two year lease which is due to expire in the summer so this will be removed and replaced with a much larger stand with the corners to this end filled also taking the capacity to around 18k.

As regards FFP we seemed to have passed this year despite what the press were stating and I believe we will pass in the future.

UTCIAD

Sounds like Bournemouth have created a rather messy set of circumstances by selling part of their ground!

For an inspirational point-of-view I''d love to see The Cherries in the Premiership; Eddie Howe is a credit to himself.

No chance of auto promotion now for us (Norwich), hope we can keep the revived home form to grab a play off spot.