Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

RUBBISH

3 ponts from 3 home games and there were post suggesting a 9 point haul....they seem a long time ago now.  Football is a business and in business if you dont perform some one is fired!  Where does the buck stop and with who?

Something has to change and fast otherwise we can write off this season, 3 home draws and only 3 goals, no clean sheets, no different to last year except last year the opposition was good.  Only one word for it so far...RUBBISH!

I hope to god something changes but it wont change on its own something needs to happen and NOW!

All you who say no need to panic, its a marathon not a sprint I have a question for you, after how many points dropped would you see the need to panic?  A good business is run on dealing with problems before they arise and before its to late..soon it will be!

OTBC

St.John

why dont you wait another 5 games before posting this kind of drivel.

The team is still settling down and in my opinion we are seeing a gradual improvement in the performances. When we are able to field a consistent 11 then you make make your judgements.

2003/2004

9/8/04 - Bradford - Draw
12/8/04 - Northampton - Lost
16/8/04 - Rotherham - Won
23/8/04 - Sheffield U - Lost
26/8/04 - Wimbledon - Won
30/8/04 - Forest - Lost

As you can see - pretty poor results.

Draws - 1
Lost - 3
Won - 2

It wasn''t until a certian Mr Huckerby and Mr Crouch were bought in on loan that we started consistently winning. We have some good new players. They will take time to bed in.

I also think you will see a very good signing or loan player arrive in the next couple of weeks.

If by mid September we are not winning. Then chop off someones head. Until then be patient.

I agree, please wait a little bit longer, the league doesn''t start to establish itself till after Christmas anyway.

I remember Millwall being top and Christmas and they were relegated the SAME season. I also remember a dead and buried Crystal Palace coming from nowhere and getting into the Premiership.

Sorry friend, but you are too early for those comments. Wait till January..after all, we are unbeaten.

[quote]3 ponts from 3 home games and there were post suggesting a 9 point haul....they seem a long time ago now. Football is a business and in business if you dont perform some one is fired! Where does the...[/quote]

What a load of rubbish. Absolutely clueless comments.

I think because we NEARLY stayed in the Premiership last season, expectations were high.

My feelings are performances have not been great.  Yesterday''s finishing in front of goal (apart from Ashton''s one) was very poor.  Goals win matches, points then add up.  We have 3 points and are favorites for automatic promotion

I feel if things dont start to improve soon, we will be playing catch up and it will be too late. I know the season has only just started and there are 40 odd games to go, but with 3 home matches to kick us off, 3 points doesnt seem enough.

There are too many ''school boy errors'' happening on the pitch at the moment and they must stop!

Come on you Yellows!

Only 6 teams in the league who are unbeaten today, we are one of them. There have been alot of changes in the summer with the midfield especially being totally over hauled - As Rob said - give a bit more time to establish a settled team - we should start to see that by the Plymouth home game - if still struggling then it might be time for some serious questions to be raised. I predict by the end of the Plymouth game we will have another 7 points on the board.

[quote]why dont you wait another 5 games before posting this kind of drivel. The team is still settling down and in my opinion we are seeing a gradual improvement in the performances. When we are able to fi...[/quote]

If things don''t improve in two more games Rob, I''m going to ''kick off'' mate!.

Apart from the fact that the posters comments were not'' drivel'' as you called them, we cannot allow this farce any longer.

Seeing a gradual improvement are we?, well, what improvement is there between 1-1 against Coventry and Crewe, and 1-1 against Palace?.

I look forward to your answer. 

Another totally over the top reaction , my god we are only 3 games in to the season lets take a look after 15 games then we should have a better idea of where we are going.

1stWizard, you talk absolute garbage.

During the pre-season we have brought in 6 new players, and lost a similar amount to boot. We had a poor pre-season that was interupted by injuries, added with the latish arrivals of a few of the players. The team have barely had a chance to settle in, and it will be a month before we see top-form reached.

So, the season so far,

Coventry - Their first chance went in, and despite a host of new faces in the team, we didn''t lose. Unlike Palace may I add.

Crewe - A decent game of Football, with loads of chances. Crewe are a good footballing side, and we showed decent fight, and with a bit of luck in front of goal we could have won by 5!.

Palace - Were you at the game?! These 2 teams will be up there at the end. Hughes looked an improved player, Collin looks to have made RB his own, Fleming marshalled AJ very well, Deano scored a peach and hit the post, and Huckerby ran riot for most of the second half.

WE ARE UNBEATEN.

Get realistic. We wont win every game

Brilliant guys, yeah lets wait until christmas......lets not panic, we are unbeaten!  My god dicky, and you say my comments are clueless! By christmas it could be to late, and with 3 home games two of which should have been dead certs I should hope we are unbeaten too. 

If you dont think football today is a business it is you my friend who is clueless....no offence meant, I also thought my comments of 3 points where far from rubbish and actually accurate!

Wiz i am with you 2 more games and no improvement and I will be joining you in shouting. You talk sense without foolish loyal pride. You like me can see what needs to happen and that it must happen soon.  Dont get me wrong loyalty is good but not blind loyalty without reason or questions, If this is what you want you might as well be a dog!

I hope I am proven wrong but I have seen no signs so far that I will be. I ask you this Dicky and will ask you again at Christmas how long do we go on before a change has to be made, when do you think that should happen?  ........prevention is better than cure...I await yor comments

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF CHANGE......EMBRACE IT!

OTBC

St.John

Okay wiz, st john two games you get rid of Worthy. Who have you got in mind as a replacement, a manager with Premiership and Championship winning experience?You are clueless.Personally I think we a game or two away from clicking into gear. We will be there or thereabouts at Christmas. Rome wasn''t built in a day.On another note, I thought Crystal Palace were pretty impressive yesterday and despite them being below us [Dowie out!] they will be up there as well.Nice to see their supporters getting behind the team at the end instead of booing. I bet the Norwich boys can''t wait for their first away day. Booing is totally counter productive.

[quote]Brilliant guys, yeah lets wait until christmas......lets not panic, we are unbeaten! My god dicky, and you say my comments are clueless! By christmas it could be to late, and with 3 home games two of...[/quote]

Change things for what exactly?  Let''s hear your ideas..

Heaven forbid that we act like real football supporters and get behind our team and manager.

Plenty of people are sharing ideas Dicky but you appear to have limitations in your capacity to absorb them. With regard to your comment about getting behind this product, let me ask you a few questions.

When you go order a hamburger and they put a piece of rubber between the bun do you stand and applaud, saying they can do better next time you arrive? When you rent a defective video do you pay anyway and tell the store what great variety they provide? When the man fails to deliver your newspaper for the fifth time in two weeks do you pat him on the back and tell him you are happy to see his smiling face whenever he decides to show up anyway? I could go on but I think you MAY get my point.   

Dicky and Paul you are like politicians and never answer the question....when would you make a change if things do not change with our form?.

And do I have any ideas?, I am not paid to have ideas but I did not say sack the manager I said something has to change, sacking the manager is only 1 option, players in are another. No one is irreplaceable not even Worthy. There would be lots of potential managers who could take us over, its not for me to find them but they are out there.

Clueless is blind faith without questioning anything....all I am doing is questioning it! I call that intelligent!

OTBC

St.John

[quote]Dicky and Paul you are like politicians and never answer the question....when would you make a change if things do not change with our form?. And do I have any ideas?, I am not paid to have ideas ...[/quote]

I do hope that your last one was a joke - talking about me not answering the question (?) and then doing exactly the same.

If you don''t have any constructive ideas of what we would change, why go on about it?

And just who are those potential managers - guess there won''t be an answer to this one..

[quote]2003/2004 9/8/04 - Bradford - Draw 12/8/04 - Northampton - Lost 16/8/04 - Rotherham - Won 23/8/04 - Sheffield U - Lost 26/8/04 - Wimbledon - Won 30/8/04 - Forest - Lost As you can see - pretty poor ...[/quote]

I agree with your point that we did make a bad start to the 2003/04 season and won the league but if you look at the team we have now compared with the team at the beginning of the 2003/04 season, there is a vast difference (see below!). We have so much more quality now and should be performing to a higher standard! However we do have a number of new players and it will take a while for the team to start playing well together! Time sadly isn''t really on our side - I fear that if we fail to gain promotion this season, our best players i.e. Green, Ashton, Shackell and possible McKenzie and Huckerby are going to want to move on! While it is only three games into the season, to already be 4 points off top is slightly worrying!!!

I certainly feel one way that we as supporters can help is by getting 100% behind the team irrespective of performance so when they run out at Carrow road there aren''t huge amounts of pressure on them from the word go. Hopefully that will allow the players greater confidence and more positive results will follow!

Team at beginning of 2003/04 v Bradford - when you compare this with the team v palace I know which I''d rather have!

Green

Briggs Fleming MacKay Drury

Rivers Francis Holt Easton

McVeigh Neilson

Perhaps you''d say sack Jose Mourinho -- he clearly doesn''t know how to manage, as Chelsea were very lucky to win today!? Come on guys, 3 games into the season and we''re looking like a good side, even though we have 6 new players. If we haven''t got a win within the next couple of games then perhaps it''s time to look at what is going wrong, but the fact remains that the last two performances have been good, and we''ve been unlucky not to win at least one of them.Some times things don''t go right for your team, and it''s up to the supporters to get behind them, especially when we obviously have the quality neccessary to win promotion. In fact, I think negative supporters could clearly damage our chances of promotion.

[quote]If things don''t improve in two more games Rob, I''m going to ''kick off'' mate!. Apart from the fact that the posters comments were not'' drivel'' as you called them, we cannot allow this farce any longer...[/quote]

Im sorry Wizard/Pirate guy,  but the post I was referring to was complete drivel and to add to that so was your reply.

I know that you are now unable to attend matches and I truly am sorry that is the case. I do not know how I would cope in the same circumstances.

I can tell you though, and I am sure the majority of the posters on here would agree that while the final score in all three matches have remained the same, the performances have certainly improved. If City had played against Palace the way we played against Coventry in the opening game, we would have had our asses well and truly handed to us. It was great to see Safri back in the starting line up and I was also encouraged by Hughes'' performance after 2 indifferent displays where I and many others were questioning his purchase. Marney once again showed glimpses that he will become a major player for us this season- remember he has only been with us a little over a week!

So I stand very much by my initial post and hope that I have answered your post as you requested by what I have said here.

We are 3 games into the season. On paper yes we should have maybe had at least 7 points on the board, but as you know football is played on grass and not paper so give us a little more time before making such knee jerk reactions. If we are still without a victory after 5 more games then some questions may need to be answered.

Thanks

Rob

[quote]Perhaps you''d say sack Jose Mourinho -- he clearly doesn''t know how to manage, as Chelsea were very lucky to win today!? Come on guys, 3 games into the season and we''re looking like a good side, even ...[/quote]

Exactly - let''s back our team.

[quote]If things don''t improve in two more games Rob, I''m going to ''kick off'' mate!. Apart from the fact that the posters comments were not'' drivel'' as you called them, we cannot allow this farce any longer...[/quote]

Ummmm??what happened to the 10 games promise Wiz??

[quote]Plenty of people are sharing ideas Dicky but you appear to have limitations in your capacity to absorb them. With regard to your comment about getting behind this product, let me ask you a few questio...[/quote]

YC, so eloquently put.

There are a number of anti-gripers on this board who offer us no more than the "that''s boring, sing from another song sheet" type replies and consider that nothing is wrong with the clubs performance.

Sorry guys but take off the yellow and green tinted specs. If you can''t do that at least have the courtesy to tell us why you think every thing is rosy.

Personally, I think we''ve dropped six points in the first three games. A seven point haul from Coventry, Crewe and Palace didn''t seem unrealistic at season kick-off. However, here we sit on three points and only four points back on the front runners. I would agree that it may be too early to panic but at what point do you start to panic?

Let''s assume Wolves continues to stay up near the top. If the gap gets to more than six points between us and them would you start to worry? More than six points and you''re relying on them to slip up - more than possible in this division.

A two point haul against Coventry and Crewe IS poor, however you look at it.

A team with genuine quality and good players which has just come out of the toughest league in the world (incidentally beating one side consistently in the latter stages of the Champions League) SHOULD actually be able to beat two teams who struggled very badly last year.

If one bothers to look at the reasons for that (rather than trotting out the mantra that there''s x number of games left) then there are genuine reasons for concern.

The errors happening in the last three games (and the last hour against Palace when we allowed them to control things way too easily) have been in evidence for a couple of years.

So can those who shout "drivel" every time these concerns are raised (and however they are raised) actually come up with convincing reasons why things will improve rather than plucking out arbitrary statistics which have no application to the present situation?

At long last other posters are making sensible comments as to their fears over what is happening at Carrow Road.

Football is a business, and our team is expected to deliver to a certain standard.

The point has been made that the squad is better than 2 years ago and therefore we have every right to expect a better start than 2 years ago. Certainly in my business if I had/have made a substantial investment I expect an improvement in return, otherwise I will make changes.

I do not accept new players as a reason for a slow start. Other teams have new players to bed in but clearly their preseason preparations and ongoing training are better than ours as those teams have started much stronger than we have. It is a management responsibility to ensure that the preparation is right.

We should not forget the fact that it is not only about the first 3 games of this season. Last year we were relegated because of poor performances throughout the season...an inability to score goals on a regular basis and a propensity to leak goals at an alarming rate.

If any poster does not accept that changes need to be made in our style of play, our quality of play ,and in our results, then they really do need a check up from the neck up.

Those changes can be in coaching, tactics, team selection, squad makeup or management personnel - but the important thing is that changes need to be made.

My personal opinion is that every manager gets the team that they deserve after about 6 months in charge - therefore, as far as I am concerned, it is W who needs to go, not as a result of the first 3 matches of this season, but also as a result of last season.

[quote]YC, so eloquently put. There are a number of anti-gripers on this board who offer us no more than the "that''s boring, sing from another song sheet" type replies and consider that nothing is wrong wit...[/quote]

I agree with that Morph.  What is the point of posting a one-line response just dismissing a problem?  Is it not possible to explain your arguement rather than just replying with "Well why don''t you go support Ipswich?"

It is clear that there are issues to be resolved.  Although it is true that "It''s only 3 games" or "New players take time to settle in" it''s also burying your head in the sand and just hoping that things improve.  I sincerely hope that Worthy is not sitting there thinking this will all be sorted out by giving it time.

I see no need to panic just yet but if we do not start to pick up points soon then alarm bells must start ringing.  I have said this over and over again, if we are not in the hunt come January we could lose our better players and struggle to attract the quality Worthy may wish to add.

Morph, Saint canary,Fatman Fat and Tumbleweed, thank you for your positive feedback.  I, like you all think it is important to at least ask the question, to realise that things may not be going the way we ALL want them to go.  This forum is about sharing fears, highs and lows, and like so many of you say, not just giving standard get behing your team answers.....If one thinks because we dare to seek improvement, suggest that things may not be right or that a change MAY be required we are not fans or we are not behind our team. I feel those who do not question and think how to improve and where we should develop as a team and club are simply blind

Remember we all want the same thing...the good of NCFC and open frank discussion is one of the ways we might acheive something

OTBC

St.John

St.John

[quote]I agree with that Morph. What is the point of posting a one-line response just dismissing a problem? Is it not possible to explain your arguement rather than just replying with "Well why don''t you g...[/quote]

I think there''s a lot of point.  Stop slating the team continuously.

[quote]Morph, Saint canary,Fatman Fat and Tumbleweed, thank you for your positive feedback. I, like you all think it is important to at least ask the question, to realise that things may not be going the wa...[/quote]

For crying out loud man, none of us who have argued with you always agree with what the manager says or does but surely it is bit to early to start posting topics titled rubbish after only 3 games.

If in a month or so we are still in the same position not only will I eat my hat but I will join you when you will justifiably ask questions of whether some drastic action needs to be taken.

We should be on our hands and knees, trying to get Dario Gradi in at Norwich.

I''m sure he''d let Nigel watch him at work, he wouldn''t understand it, but he''d let him watch anyway!.