Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Redmond to stay or go - its a no brainer ?

Redmond is hot property according to the National Press

These could be some of the options he is faced with over the next 2/3 weeks - which would u choose ?

Go to Liverpool :-

Earn £15K more a week than at Norwich, coached by some of the best coaches in the country, opportunity to push for a full England place

Oh - Only start a few games, on bench most of the time & come on in the second half

Go to Southampton :-

Earn £10K more a week than at Norwich, coached by some of the best coaches in the country, opportunity to push for a full England place

Oh - Only start a few games, on bench most of the time & come on in the second half

Stay at Norwich :-

No pay rise, not sure of the quality of the coaching but they clearly lack any tactical nounce, after he is too old to play for England U21''s no opportunity to push for a full England place

Lets see - which is the most enticing option Umm not sure ?

What do u think Morty , Herman & City 1st - got an opinion ?

What do u all think - I know which one I would go for ?

Didn''t we have this thread like a month ago? not that it matters I suppose things are often repeated on here, we''ve had a load of anti adams threads, pro adams and anti phelan threads, anti fans who are anti adams threads, never seen so much nonsense in one day on here, and that''s including the deadline days.

Unfortunately, I agree Ricardo. Part of the unwinding of the squad as we dig in for the long haul in the Championship. We *might* have been able to hang on to him had we been top. But Adams doesn''t appear to rate him so his departure looks inevitable. I suspect Hooper and Ruddy will be gone in the Summer. All so unnecessary.

Here''s what I''d do:1) Watch the club sell him for loads of money2) Decide any replacement player will automatically be inferior, though give Murphy begrudging respect as a youth team product3) Start a thread every time Redmond does something half-decent for his new club and use it as a stick to beat Delia/MWJ/Adams with**4) Blame Adams for not getting the best out of Murphy who "should be better than Redmond with a decent manager in charge"5) Demand to know "where the money''s gone" even though it''s technically none of my businessetc etc** If Redmond moves and doesn''t make it, or fails to live up to expectations, let the whole situation die a quiet death and never mention it again

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Here''s what I''d do:1) Watch the club sell him for loads of money2) Decide any replacement player will automatically be inferior, though give Murphy begrudging respect as a youth team product3) Start a thread every time Redmond does something half-decent for his new club and use it as a stick to beat Delia/MWJ/Adams with**4) Blame Adams for not getting the best out of Murphy who "should be better than Redmond with a decent manager in charge"5) Demand to know "where the money''s gone" even though it''s technically none of my businessetc etc** If Redmond moves and doesn''t make it, or fails to live up to expectations, let the whole situation die a quiet death and never mention it again

[/quote]He He [:D][Y]Spot on.

If i was him i know i would be looking for a way out. Not starting many games now. Arguably best player in this division and is managed by someone who cant fit him into a system to suit him. Also i wouldnt blame any player for wanting out, not like we wre really pushing for them automatic promotion spots. If i was Ruddy, aredmond, Hooper i would be on to my agent to get me out.

I think on the back of a roll of wins and/or performances Redderz would have been more likely to stay - I think Reading has cocked this up, and I too expect him to leave.I don''t think "he''s under contract, he''ll do as he is told" is the line the ncfc management will be pursuing.....

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Here''s what I''d do:1) Watch the club sell him for loads of money2) Decide any replacement player will automatically be inferior, though give Murphy begrudging respect as a youth team product3) Start a thread every time Redmond does something half-decent for his new club and use it as a stick to beat Delia/MWJ/Adams with**4) Blame Adams for not getting the best out of Murphy who "should be better than Redmond with a decent manager in charge"5) Demand to know "where the money''s gone" even though it''s technically none of my businessetc etc** If Redmond moves and doesn''t make it, or fails to live up to expectations, let the whole situation die a quiet death and never mention it again

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="NWC"]I think on the back of a roll of wins and/or performances Redderz would have been more likely to stay - I think Reading has cocked this up, and I too expect him to leave.I don''t think "he''s under contract, he''ll do as he is told" is the line the ncfc management will be pursuing.....[/quote]If the club decides not to sell, he is under contract, so doesn''t have a huge say in it.If we do sell it will be on our terms, not his.

I expect a bullish statement from McNally saying That we have no need to be selling any contracted players, and that we will actually be looking to add to the squad.

It depends on how many years he''s got on his contract. If he''ll be on his last year at the end of the season and we didn''t get promotion then there''s not too much we can do in reality, yes we can sell him, but not for as much as we could have done if it were in January (next month obviously). I guess that question is on how confident the board feel we are likely to get promoted.

NR good player but......

Over 8 million + then adios he can be replaced and the team improved.

I don''t think the club will be able to say no to such a bid.

I do dispair at how we are handling Redmond this season. I personally would never drop him. Funny how all our recent good play has coincided with him on the pitch. It is blindingly obvious he is our best player.

I fully expect our board to yet again do the wrong thing, sell him to the prem in Jan and not use the money wisely. We are a fucking joke at the moment.

mmm, a ''joke'' is a little too harsh, more just ''playing it a bit stupid,'' a bit like Adams'' tactics in half the games this season. Still, we''re 7th in the league and if we get in a manager who roughly knows what he''s doing we could quite easily get some good form going after what looked like what might be a little successful spell for us.

[quote user="morty"]I expect a bullish statement from McNally saying That we have no need to be selling any contracted players, and that we will actually be looking to add to the squad.
[/quote]

Then sell for a"profit", scour Europe for replacements...then decide ex youth players are the best.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"]I expect a bullish statement from McNally saying That we have no need to be selling any contracted players, and that we will actually be looking to add to the squad.[/quote]

Then sell for a"profit", scour Europe for replacements...then decide ex youth players are the best.

[/quote]So cynical.....

If one goes we will lose more - it will show we expect to stay down. Johnson, Howson, Redmond, Ruddy and Hooper will all be off given an opportunity - they know automatic promotion has gone.

Can''t see the board sacking Adams until its too late. The players we have at our disposal including bassong are easily good enough to win this league yet we consistently use them all wrong and have wasted over £10m buying crap. We wasted £4m on 3 youngsters we will barely see and none of them will make it at premiership level, £4m on an non goalscoring striker and then we play him out of position and £4m on a sicknote because he has a nice name and once played a few games for Belgium.

I just think Jerome apart, this year has been a monumental fuck up from Jan 2014 to Dec 2014. Can''t see us digging our way out of it either. It''s 1995 all over again.

Bloody hell Jimmy, if you''re in competition with Highland, you have just beaten him hands down.[:D]

Bl00dy hell you two (FCC and Jimmy) we can still get 2nd place with Adams in charge, yes it will be hard but it''s by no means over. We''re only half way through the season, I expect us to pick up form, with Adams the question is always how much.

Still supping my Jack Daniels Mrs M, will be even more morose as the evening wears on.

I just don''t see a style of play evolving or any consistency developing this season. The players lack belief if we go behind, and you don''t sense they feel they can turn a game around.

To paraphrase Mr Keegan, I would love it, LOVE IT, if I was wrong.

i think the sale of Redmond during January will coincide with the return of Odjidje-Ofoe from injury......thus confirming our masterplan going forward of having NO wingers at all at the football club and FIVE central midfielders for Adams to fit into 4 places on any given matchday...

Can somebody tell me why, if he is supposedly one of the best players in this division, was he so f---ing s--te yesterday? Can''t see anybody shelling out much for a winger who can''t take on a fullback and beat him.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Can somebody tell me why, if he is supposedly one of the best players in this division, was he so f---ing s--te yesterday? Can''t see anybody shelling out much for a winger who can''t take on a fullback and beat him.[/quote]Obviously the managers fault[;)]

Hardly fair to claim he''s not one of the best players because of a single 45 minute spell where he didn''t play well in a team that was playing terribly.
And then forget he completely changed the complexion of the Huddersfield game, and has regularly looked our most creative and gifted player.
If we sell him in January - then it''s pretty much confirmation we have no intention to go for promotion - or certainly that Redmond feels we don''t have what it takes to get promoted - which would be a concern.
Sell him, lose our potentially best talent for years on years. Everyone has a price but in January it would have to be an extortionate 15mill + for me to see it as a good move.