Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Time is right for Adams to go.

It''s all about do you/we/I think Adams is te right man to take us up ???

For me it''s a NO

Several results and the way we have played on many occasions this season has made my mind up including today''s result and performance.

Yes we thrashed 10 man Huddersfield and a pi$$ poor Millwall

But we are not winning the other games that we should and this falls at the Managers feet in afraid.

We are still in touching distance (just) I really hope that it isn''t to late before the board act.

That for me is spot on city-till-i-die.Adams has been an OK manager to-date but i don''t think he will get us promoted even via the play-offs. I also have not seen anything so far that makes me think he should have been given the job in the first place, even for those last few games last season. Quite what he said in his interviews that made him the best candidate, i have no idea. Probably just that he bled yellow and green blood.This was our best chance of getting back to the Premier League quickly and it looks like we have blown it big time. The summer is likely to see a mass exodus of players and big cost cuttings within the club if we fail to go up.

Right, so McNally sacked Gunn without the board''s support? grow up.

And you do deserve nothing, I''m afraid. None of us deserve anything for choosing to support a professional football team. Sorry if that isn''t the Disney happy ending you were expecting.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Right, so McNally sacked Gunn without the board''s support? grow up.

And you do deserve nothing, I''m afraid. None of us deserve anything for choosing to support a professional football team. Sorry if that isn''t the Disney happy ending you were expecting.[/quote]

McNally had no part of appointing Gunn.....he has for the subsequent 2 managers.....what is it that you can''t grasp about that?

...and if you don''t believe that a club of our size and standing should have a better qualified and more experienced person in the most important role at this football club than the novice we currently have......then it sounds as if youre going to have an enjoyable second half to the season whatever happens as your expectations clearly wont be that high.

for the rest of us that think we have been sold short......we''ll continue to question it thankyou very much

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Right, so McNally sacked Gunn without the board''s support? grow up.

And you do deserve nothing, I''m afraid. None of us deserve anything for choosing to support a professional football team. Sorry if that isn''t the Disney happy ending you were expecting.[/quote]

^^^^^THIS

As always all we can do is live in hope.The Board have to make the decisions and some they get right and some they don''t. Adams will either come through or he won''t and just like evey other manager of NCFC in my long experience he will at some time run out of road.It''s the nature of the game and of the club which we support. OTBC Bravo win or die.[Y]

we can also live in hope they sack Adams. I think you (ricardo) and H are right, if we lose to Bournemouth I don''t think the board will sack him, despite most of our wishes.

What baffles me the most is what exactly did they see in his 5 displays last season that made them think he could take this team forward in the championship? As far as auditions go his was pretty bad. I remember saying to my father after the arsenal game that that''s his chances of getting the job gone. It''s bizarre that some of the names that were available or managers doing well at other clubs didn''t get an interview or approached. It was the complete opposite of the lambert and Hughton appointments.

Adams should never have been hired full stop.

Name one team in the top 4 divisions whk would have appointed him last summer ... Apart from us.

He had NEVER managed a first team to victory in his life and never managed a side for half let alone a full season!

ANY manager - even Gunn - would be able to get this squad to 7th spot.

Sadly, our sentimental and naiive board have good intentions but their generosity to their flawed appointments will probably cost us promotion and accelerate the unravelling of everything that Lambert achieved for us.

The unnecessary gamble taken last summer isn''t currently and won''t fatally pay off.

GJL is spot on. We appointed a manager to practise. The outcome will be a mid-table finish, the unwinding of the squad, and Championship mediocrity for years to come. And we will look at our neighbours playing PL football because McCarthy got more out of his players than Adams has of ours. What price Lennon now? Unforgivable decisions.

Sadly it doesn''t fit the Adams out agenda but the players today have to shoulder a fair bit of responsibility for the poor performance today. Tettey

was way off the pace, you can blame him or the management for picking him, but I certainly would have had him in the team if he was fit. We just didn''t compete in mid field or for the second ball and far too many passes were misplaced.

No idea what has been said or shown about the pen but it seemed harsh from where I was.

There is no Adams out agenda Jenkins. There is a getting results agenda and if Adams is the man to do that then fantastic because we all want the same thing and if that can be achieved with a manager that''s city through and through all the better. But it''s undeniable that results and the season have been far below expectations and as I''ve said the buck stops with the managers results.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]GJL is spot on. We appointed a manager to practise. The outcome will be a mid-table finish, the unwinding of the squad, and Championship mediocrity for years to come. And we will look at our neighbours playing PL football because McCarthy got more out of his players than Adams has of ours. What price Lennon now? Unforgivable decisions.[/quote]No sense harping on about Lennon. He was my choice at the time and I really expected him to be appointed. It didn''t happen and we are where we are.The squad are underperforming but there''s still a long way to go. I doubt that changing horses at this stage will do any good and in any event the Phelan experiment is not going to be dispensed with after one setback.

If the board had made the correct decision a year ago we would still be in the PL. If we had appointed an experienced manager we would likely be top today. Sadly, the best outcome now is a playoff spot, which would represent a serious underperformance given our squad, and I can''t see the current manager achieving even this. Get Pulis in now and pray he can take us to the playoffs.

That''s not the way it is though JF. When we lose it''s Adams fault and when we win it''s down to Phelan. Looks like an agenda to me

[quote user="Highland Canary"]If the board had made the correct decision a year ago we would still be in the PL. If we had appointed an experienced manager we would likely be top today. Sadly, the best outcome now is a playoff spot, which would represent a serious underperformance given our squad, and I can''t see the current manager achieving even this. Get Pulis in now and pray he can take us to the playoffs.[/quote]That was Warnock, right?

Jenkins wrote the following post at 28/12/2014 8:07 PM:Sadly it doesn''t fit the Adams out agenda but the players today have to shoulder a fair bit of responsibility for the poor performance today. Tettey

was way off the pace, you can blame him or the management for picking him, but I certainly would have had him in the team if he was fit. We just didn''t compete in mid field or for the second ball and far too many passes were misplaced.

No idea what has been said or shown about the pen but it seemed harsh from where I was.

---------------------------

We''re not even in the play-offs man. The fact is this season so far hasn''t been good enough with the team we have, i''m just glad I finally got you to admit that he''s not an ''excellent manager.'' Who starts a 4 man midfield made of centre midfielders when the team is high on confidence against a team at the bottom? Adams.

Yes I think some people probably went over board with Phelans contribution in beating a 10 Man Huddersfield and probably the worst team to visit Carrow road in 30 years! Problem is we take one step forward in beating two sides at home that we should be beating and then two steps back today. That won''t result in promotion I''m afraid.

I don''t understand the logic of blaming the players as some seem to do.The manager buys the players, picks 11 players from his squad, fills them with confidence ( or not) and gets them playing his way. Its been proven  time and again that a top manager will get the best from average players and make them perform most likely above the abilities, but an average manager will never make a team of winners. Adams may well one day produce a decent team, but he''s currently learning the job at a level higher than his capabilities and we don''t have time to allow him a few years learning curve.If he loses the next two then its definitely time for the board to put their mistakes right and appoint someone with the right leadership qualities.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Well, if we lack quality players and a quality coaching team, and we''re almost in a playoff place, I would say we''re doing quite well.[/quote]

We lack enough playing quality to get into the top two, we don''t lack ability at this level in general. We''re 7th (Which is much lower than we should have been given our budget over the last 4 years) because when the fans really turn the heat on our players actually start to bust a gut and get us a few results, sometimes against some very weak opponents and then we slip back into not giving a sh!t, which is very, very hard to just blindly support.

I want some player turnover because as a group they''re so inconsistent, mentally weak and can''t shoot for toffee and I want a management change because there''s better available and Adams has had enough time and made enough mistakes to prove he''s not up to this. Also, if nothing else, I don''t trust him to spend any more money which we absolutely have to do!

[quote user="whoareyou"]I don''t understand the logic of blaming the players as some seem to do.[/quote]The inners defend the manager to the very end and accuse others of using anything as a stick to beat him with. When this starts to look foolish they always seem to find a stick with which to beat the players.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]There''s the conundrum. Why would the board act while we are within touching distance?[/quote]

What I''m saying my is with the team and finance we have WE SHOULD BE TOP !

It''s only my opinion as you have yours.

Adams for me isn''t the right man to take us up.

I hope he proves me wrong as this will only benefit NCFC.

OTBC

He''s only been in the job for half a season but I am tired of the inane comments he keeps trotting out. This one he keeps playing after each reversal - "it simply was not good enough". Followed by more great insight, comparing our play today with the performance against Millwall. As others have said, we''ve been there before on various levels and learnt nothing on any of them. From repeating the mistake they had made with appointing Gunn to failing to axe Adams, just as they did with Hughton.

There''s one thing I find difficult to understand when reading comments from those who support this perseverance route with Adams. The same people regularly state that we have the best players, the best squad in the championship. But they seem unable to question why performances are not reflecting this. As unsavoury as it is to do so, look down the A140 and see what is being achieved there with a team of free transfers. Could it be that somebody is experienced at getting the best out of them?

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]He''s only been in the job for half a season but I am tired of the inane comments he keeps trotting out. This one he keeps playing after each reversal - "it simply was not good enough". Followed by more great insight, comparing our play today with the performance against Millwall. As others have said, we''ve been there before on various levels and learnt nothing on any of them. From repeating the mistake they had made with appointing Gunn to failing to axe Adams, just as they did with Hughton.

There''s one thing I find difficult to understand when reading comments from those who support this perseverance route with Adams. The same people regularly state that we have the best players, the best squad in the championship. But they seem unable to question why performances are not reflecting this. As unsavoury as it is to do so, look down the A140 and see what is being achieved there with a team of free transfers. Could it be that somebody is experienced at getting the best out of them?[/quote]You are the ones constantly going on about our ''fantastic squad'' and the fact that we should be romping this league because of our ''fantastic squad''.The reason the binboys are doing so well is because they stuck with a manager for a full and two half seasons to build a squad.

The reason the binboys are doing so well is because they stuck with a manager for a full and two half seasons to build a squad.

A point conveniently overlooked quite often

[quote user="Jenkins"]The reason the binboys are doing so well is because they stuck with a manager for a full and two half seasons to build a squad.

A point conveniently overlooked quite often[/quote]

its not the first managerial job McCarthy has ever had though is it??.....other clubs will have paid the of the mistakes he will have made when learning his trade along the way.

[quote user="Jenkins"]The reason the binboys are doing so well is because they stuck with a manager for a full and two half seasons to build a squad.

A point conveniently overlooked quite often[/quote][Y]

A point conveniently overlooked quite often[/quote]
Ipswich were a mess when he took over - lingering in lower mid table - and McCarthy has a proven track record in this league. Without a big spend, and low expectations, they have seen improvement over the last couple of seasons. Previously they found to their cost, how easy it is to blow a lot of cash on very average players.
Compare that to us, who just dropped out of the Premiership, but kept much of the squad intact, with a good £10 million spend in the summer.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of keeping Adams, if we fail to get promotion this season, there will be some big changes over the summer and cost-cutting on a massive scale.The likes of Jerome, Ruddy, Hooper, BJ, Olsson, Howson, Redmond will be sold to reduce wages and the players we bring in will be nothing like the same quality. Its why it was so important to give the managers'' job to someone who knew what they were doing and not someone who was learning the ropes.