Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Time is right for Adams to go.

[quote user="ricardo"]No possibility of a management change at the moment IMO. Some may not like it but that''s how I see it.Adams got away with it when the crowd turned thanks largely to the arrival of Phelan. It would take a really bad run for the Board to make a change now and that seems fairly unlikely. Auto promotion just got a lot harder but still a very long way to go and the playoffs are by no means out of reach.On balance I can see Adams seeing out the season if we finish top six. A lot can happen in the next 5 months so best to sit back and see how it goes.[/quote]

we could still in theory be in with a chance of the playoffs if we''re 1 point outside the top 6 going into the last match ...and then end up losing it Ricardo.

why leave it to that degree of chance when changing the manager now with half a season left could make it more comfortable than that.

keep Adams...and we will be playing the second half of this season with one arm tied behind our back

me,you, this club, deserves far better than that.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]was today good enough for you?

no dont answer that...I already know that this is your preferred midfield system[/quote]It had worked hadn''t it? No, it wasn''t good enough btw.

Imo we have put in one good performance against derby, adams has no idea and has to go, with him in charge we have no chanceof going up.

[quote user="ricardo"]No possibility of a management change at the moment IMO. Some may not like it but that''s how I see it.Adams got away with it when the crowd turned thanks largely to the arrival of Phelan. It would take a really bad run for the Board to make a change now and that seems fairly unlikely. Auto promotion just got a lot harder but still a very long way to go and the playoffs are by no means out of reach.On balance I can see Adams seeing out the season if we finish top six. A lot can happen in the next 5 months so best to sit back and see how it goes.[/quote]I don''t see a managerial change either. Except possibly under these circumstances. Rosler is a free agent, and - unlike managers such as Mark Hughes or Chris Hughton, who have a coach or coaches they take with them wherever they go - does not seem tied to a set of subordinates. If we were keen on Rosler and vice versa, and Rosler was willing to work with Phelan and vice versa, then there would be minimal disruption and lower costs than with a total clearout.

it worked at Wigan granted....but that should have been a one off to stop the rot, not a liscenceto use it in every game thereafter regardless of the situation or opposition.

dIdnt need to play it vs Huddersfield (and only scored when we scrapped it), didnt play it against Millwall.....and I''d even contest it effectiveness at Derby where surely a last minute injury time equalizer couldnt have been part of the masterplan.

there are very few sides in this league that would warrant playing such a negative midfield setup against..............Reading are absolutely not one of them.

wasted 45 mins and subs brought on to chase a game rather than win it from the outset.

show me any teams who gain promotion playing this way????

The target fromage frais was a return to the PL. That target is only garunteed by a top 2 finish, the play offs are a complete lottery and as things stand we are failing to reach those positions as well. It is widely accepted that this squad should be pushing the top 2 positions, to be sitting 7th and 3 points behind 6th at this stage is a massive failure.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="ricardo"]No possibility of a management change at the moment IMO. Some may not like it but that''s how I see it.Adams got away with it when the crowd turned thanks largely to the arrival of Phelan. It would take a really bad run for the Board to make a change now and that seems fairly unlikely. Auto promotion just got a lot harder but still a very long way to go and the playoffs are by no means out of reach.On balance I can see Adams seeing out the season if we finish top six. A lot can happen in the next 5 months so best to sit back and see how it goes.[/quote]

we could still in theory be in with a chance of the playoffs if we''re 1 point outside the top 6 going into the last match ...and then end up losing it Ricardo.

why leave it to that degree of chance when changing the manager now with half a season left could make it more comfortable than that.

keep Adams...and we will be playing the second half of this season with one arm tied behind our back

me,you, this club, deserves far better than that.[/quote]I am merely forecasting what I think will happen. I didn''t say that everybody should agree. Personally I''m glad it''s not my decision but having committed themselves to no change after the Reading at home debacle and then seeing an improvement, it would seem churlish to alter that decision at the first set back.On balance I think the Board will continue to support the present incumbents so long as there is a chance of promotion, even if it''s via the Playoffs. If another bad run takes that out of the equation then they might act but do you think that is very likely?

So basically it worked in 3 of the last 5 games?! And it didn''t work today because the whole team played an absolute stinker.It''s not really worth arguing with someone that won''t praise the manager, not even begrudgingly, after the last set of results, excluding today.

What I think is likely Ricardo is that Adams will continue to win the games that he should, ie Huddersfield and Millwall keeping us within a win or two from the play offs and then continue to lose the games where we are looking to push on to challenge for them. It''s the same run of form that Hughton had last season.

didnt the board recently reiterate that the aim this season was still a top 2 automatic promotion finish??....so unless they come out and publicly water down that stance to "get in to the playoffs" ,as it stands the gap that stands between us and the top 2 ,should have cost the manager his job.

[quote user="Herman "]So basically it worked in 3 of the last 5 games?! And it didn''t work today because the whole team played an absolute stinker.It''s not really worth arguing with someone that won''t praise the manager, not even begrudgingly, after the last set of results, excluding today.[/quote]

some strange maths there??....as I said ,it only really worked at Wigan

He won''t get the sack after this game. It looked like the blip was over and done with after 4 good results. If we lose the next one he''s got to go. Although its not too late, it''s getting that way. Although we''d all (except Jenkins maybe) love him to go, I can''t see it this week unfortunately. Another poor performance after a set of promising results, the next result will determine if we''re going through a good spell or if that short good set of results after a hideous season for us is all but over. Yes he should go because it will be more beneficial for us, however that could''ve been said at anytime of the season. just a sh*t manager.

They won''t sack him after the inevitable away defeat to league leaders Bournmouth. He then has a Hughton esque must win match against Cardiff at home which true to form he will win. And so it will continue to go until it becomes impossible to reach the play offs.

Mrs. Miggins, I may be mixing you up with someone else here, but were you not a big Hughton supporter?

I definitely think today was down to players and their lack of desire, movement and ability. Also nobody in our team can finish, Hooper Johnson and Howson are our best finishers and they''re average by this league''s standards at best and unless we completely overhaul this squad in January we''re done this year, under anyone we are just not good enough to challenge for the top two.

Saying that Adams and his team have also been very poor this year and I''d say we''re lucky to be as high as 7th so people have every right to complain about it. They''re not good enough for us and what we need to achieve! The fact this frigging debate has lingered on so long proves this!

No wait and see, sell Ruddy and Hooper first. I wouldn''t care at all about losing Turner, Martin, Ollson, Tettey, Howson or Grabban either. To be honest our entire first team is very easily replaceable without needing to spend much money.

Get a manager in, Rosler doesn''t convince me but he''s better than Adams and Wigan have gone backwards still since he left!

Re-build the team with 5/6 new players, it might not work this year but the core of this team won''t get us up next year either so we have nothing to lose by changing it up.

Sort this mess out immediately McNally et all or we''ll be a Championship side (At best) for a very long time

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Herman "]So basically it worked in 3 of the last 5 games?! And it didn''t work today because the whole team played an absolute stinker.It''s not really worth arguing with someone that won''t praise the manager, not even begrudgingly, after the last set of results, excluding today.[/quote]

some strange maths there??....as I said ,it only really worked at Wigan[/quote]

Strange football knowledge as you only count 45 minutes as a whole game?!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He won''t get the sack after this game. It looked like the blip was over and done with after 4 good results. If we lose the next one he''s got to go. Although its not too late, it''s getting that way. Although we''d all (except Jenkins maybe) love him to go, I can''t see it this week unfortunately. Another poor performance after a set of promising results, the next result will determine if we''re going through a good spell or if that short good set of results after a hideous season for us is all but over. Yes he should go because it will be more beneficial for us, however that could''ve been said at anytime of the season. just a sh*t manager.[/quote]It''s not going to happen though is it. We would have to lose quite heavily IMO for the Board to even be pressured into it. Anything is possible but I wouldn''t risk any of my money on that bet.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="mrs miggins"]He won''t get the sack after this game. It looked like the blip was over and done with after 4 good results. If we lose the next one he''s got to go. Although its not too late, it''s getting that way. Although we''d all (except Jenkins maybe) love him to go, I can''t see it this week unfortunately. Another poor performance after a set of promising results, the next result will determine if we''re going through a good spell or if that short good set of results after a hideous season for us is all but over. Yes he should go because it will be more beneficial for us, however that could''ve been said at anytime of the season. just a sh*t manager.[/quote]It''s not going to happen though is it. We would have to lose quite heavily IMO for the Board to even be pressured into it. Anything is possible but I wouldn''t risk any of my money on that bet.

[/quote]

It won''t happen, you''re right. There''s no chance despite it being atom blast blindingly obvious that it''s not working.

No other board would have tolerated this for so long, I don''t understand why despite being a fantastic board in so many other ways we''re so spineless and accepting of failure.

Like I''ve said I think this is mostly down to our lack of quality players, but the management team isn''t good enough either and both need a massive change up!

It won''t happen, we''ll stick with what we''ve got and maybe sign 3 bit part players but it really should!

Adams looks like a lame duck , sounds like a lame duck and gets the results of a lame duck . Just another hanger on this club could well do without . Just think if we did fluke promotion just how out of his depth would he be in the top flight ? and you just know we would stick with him through another relegation , all this just because Delia fancied him for the job .Club is a laughing stock and rightly so .

What, the same Bournemouth sitting on the top of the league? At their place as well. Listen to Ricardo. I can''t see him going anywhere at the moment Mrs.

Bearing in mind the Board''s stated intent is an immediate return to the Premiership via the automatic places surely the fact that at the halfway point of the season we''re not even in the top six is a sackable offence and should have been included in Adams'' contract. I''ve long suspected that Adams is one of the wicked witch''s boys a la darling Nigel and it won''t happen but looking at the overall picture at the end of the year where we are now just isn''t anywhere near good enough by a long way. There''s no way on earth we''ll get automatic promotion now and anyone thinking otherwise is very much deluded.

if by "the next game" you mean the cup match at Preston , I wouldnt hold your breath.

remember that this gutless board didnt sack the previous manager after inflicting the record upon us of being the first top flight club to lose a home FA Cup tie to a non-league team since 1986 !....

quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"

me,you, this club, deserves far better than that.

You don''t "deserve" anything. supporting a club isn''t something you get a return on, other than enjoyment (in theory anyway, though some of the gutless wonders on here would no doubt differ.)

Some of you need to consider supporting the team through thick and thin, stop acting like consumers who "deserve" something and man up a bit. Nobody is making you follow this team. It''s a choice you made at some point.

[quote user="Puppet Out"]Club is a laughing stock and rightly so[/quote]The Club is only laughing stock to those who want it to fail & that doesn''t include me.

The same "gutless" board that sanctioned sacking a manager after one league game of a season? That sanctioned raiding Colchester? Hmm. Selective memories in the face of a defeat, probably.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]The same "gutless" board that sanctioned sacking a manager after one league game of a season? That sanctioned raiding Colchester? Hmm. Selective memories in the face of a defeat, probably.[/quote]

not really....far easier for a chief exec to sack a manager he didnt appoint in the first place than to admit an error and sack one who he did appoint.

its you with the selective memory I think?

and as for your "you don''t deserve anything" claptrap....settling for mediocrity is why the likes of yourself allows this board to get away with it.